The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

21 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

With all teams knowing Miller is the C Canucks now. Would it decrease their offerings for Bo?

Not really.  Bo is a very sought after commodity.  Several teams would want him. And the bidding would be high.

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

JR acknowledged how messed up this situation is, it is such a mess they do not know which direction to take, rip it down or keep moving ahead aimlessly with a bunch of basket case players

Funny.  We are such a mess that JR doesn’t know which direction he should take?  Clearly, like when he first arrived, it should be blow up this froggin’ disaster ?Benning built. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Funny.  We are such a mess that JR doesn’t know which direction he should take?  Clearly, like when he first arrived, it should be blow up this froggin’ disaster ?Benning built. 

agree, looking back, he should have come in and traded boeser and Miller at the least for a young top 4 rd and a young 3C who can become a 2C/1C in the future. then he would have had cap to add some gritty vets who know how to win

• Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

2 things:

1. EP isn't exactly looking dominant out there himself

2. It's not just JB, it's Allvin signing the huge Miller contract and it's the whole team for not showing up super fit and ready to outwork the opposition.

JR just told Sportsnet that a huge rebuild would take too long so they're looking at retooling on the fly.  Heard that before?!!!

Of the three who put this team together 

who traded away pick after pick let prospects and players leave for nothing who picks two flops in the top 6 , capped out and crap 

Teams a mess from what Jb did over the past 8 seasons it won’t be easy to fix it might not even be possible without doing some very drastic moves this season. 

This team is performing the same as it has year after year the players are the problem. 

fear not this team will come together and win meaningless games after they are basically eliminated from the post season that ruin draft odds give false hope and create an illusion that something is changing so re sign aging vets to retirement contracts after career years. Rinse repeat. 

miller was a bad re signing I don’t know who Or what was offered in a trade. 

yup the 
refool or never ending rebuild model.
Sound familiar alright it sounds like owners are still screwing the fans of this team. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I dunno about last night, but maybe? If this continues why wouldn't he consider a fresh start somewhere else? On a team that doesn't look primed for another retool or rebuild? 

I'd still rather keep him but hey, can't let him walk for nothing and we can't make him stay. If it comes down to it I'd bite the bullet and ship both him and Miller out. If we're going to rebuild or retool let's commit to actually being bad for a short stretch, I'd rather be bad than mediocre. Hell, we're already bad. No more half measures. 

This is Pettersson's team, he's the only top six forward who looks to have truly given a shit every game from game one on. If it comes to that point let's build around him, Hughes, and Podz, maybe Demko too. 

If he had signed a longer deal, yeah you can say it’s his team. But if we go into a full rebuild, he’s more than likely going to play out his RFA years or request a trade. He was pretty adamant about playing for a winner, during his contract talks. I doubt he wants to spent half his prime years on a rebuilding team. 

• Cheers 1

First thing they should do is have another meeting and ask which players want to stay and who wants out.From there call all GM's with a list and make sure you start by saying we want fair deals.If both EP and QH want out we would have ourselves a close to instant rebuild in two years time.If deals come in that players want to stay well to bad you are gone for the rebuild.Weird that we would be in the same situation as Chicago.I think we could get at least 5 first rounders in the next two drafts plus our own and a few 2 nd to 4 ths and handful of young talent.So in three to four years should be making the playoffs for years after.

We need and deserve a full rebuild which we have not had for a long long time.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, shiznak said:

If he had signed a longer deal, yeah you can say it’s his team. But if we go into a full rebuild, he’s more than likely going to play out his RFA years or request a trade. He was pretty adamant about playing for a winner, during his contract talks. I doubt he wants to spent half his prime years on a rebuilding team. 

You make a fair point, we won't know til we know. What he decides will likely largely be impacted by what we do this season and next though. I could see him extending if he could be sold on a long term vision, but he'd need to see decisive action and not just hear words. 

I know Bo is extremely loyal to this team and probably the last person who would jump ship (I think Petey and Hughes may more than Bo) but even he'll be tempted if we're considering tearing it down around him. He's in his prime now and only getting older. I'd love to focus the rebuild around Petey, Bo, Hughes, Podkolzin and Demko but I worry if any of them want to stick around.

Meanwhile we're stuck with Miller's contract now which makes things much trickier.

This is why people keep using the "retool" word - it means management can try and keep tough contracts and just slightly rebuild around them.

37 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I know Bo is extremely loyal to this team and probably the last person who would jump ship (I think Petey and Hughes may more than Bo) but even he'll be tempted if we're considering tearing it down around him. He's in his prime now and only getting older. I'd love to focus the rebuild around Petey, Bo, Hughes, Podkolzin and Demko but I worry if any of them want to stick around.

Meanwhile we're stuck with Miller's contract now which makes things much trickier.

This is why people keep using the "retool" word - it means management can try and keep tough contracts and just slightly rebuild around them.

Yes for what another 3 plus years of retooling?Most are sick of that and if it means EP and QH are wanting to go then that means so much more for us to rebuild faster then later.

18 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Yes for what another 3 plus years of retooling?Most are sick of that and if it means EP and QH are wanting to go then that means so much more for us to rebuild faster then later.

I say we crash rebuild, keep on Hughes, Petey, Bo, Podz, Demko, we've got a head start to this year already. Top 5 picks for the next 3 years, plus hopefully some other firsts acquired elsewhere. On that 4th year we can start to try and win. 5th year we make the playoffs, 7th year and we contend.

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I say we crash rebuild, keep on Hughes, Petey, Bo, Podz, Demko, we've got a head start to this year already. Top 5 picks for the next 3 years, plus hopefully some other firsts acquired elsewhere. On that 4th year we can start to try and win. 5th year we make the playoffs, 7th year and we contend.

2030  YAY!   lol

6 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

The problem lies in that Petey, Demko, and Podz wouldn't stick around for a 3-5 year rebuild. PA/JR just have to face the fact they can longer be cute in rebuilding the D; they need to pay the Pyper and get the Top4 guy at all cost.

This is a very good team that has two holes that has eroded all their confidence' 1) missing Dman 2) Poor leadership in coaching and FO

People keep blaming the players, but the circus show of the FO and BB is worse.

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

After 10 months this group still doesn't know which direction to take. 

Pretty concerning all in all. People seem to rejoice that GMJB is gone and now there is a management team making decisions instead of one or two people. Just because there are more staff doesn't mean things get done.

This team reminds me of the Oilers from the late 2000's. Always looking like they should make a leap forward but never actually getting anywhere other than just spinning out in the muck.

9 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Pretty concerning all in all. People seem to rejoice that GMJB is gone and now there is a management team making decisions instead of one or two people. Just because there are more staff doesn't mean things get done.

This team reminds me of the Oilers from the late 2000's. Always looking like they should make a leap forward but never actually getting anywhere other than just spinning out in the muck.

At this point, JR and Al have to look at all options, and I mean all options. I see no one as untouchable. Maybe Demko, because a good starter is tough to find. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Like the Mats Sundin Leafs. Always one more UFA from being good but never great. 
‘You can get stuck on tear down rebuilds like the Oilers and Buffalo did but they can sometimes be quicker like LA and Colorado. But you need the high end young players as well as a lot of pics/prospects and we have none of that coming.
We are depleted for draft capital and our prospect depth is among the worst in the league. 
Would be understandable if we were TB on the waning side of a great championship run but we are a capped out, non playoff team in the league basement with a tonne of challenging contracts. We are not big, not fast, not mean, not a defensive stalwart or offensively dynamic team and we have some of the worst special teams in the history of the league. The last 10 years are sunk costs, this team needs to be torn down. 

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, rekker said:

At this point, JR and Al have to look at all options, and I mean all options. I see no one as untouchable. Maybe Demko, because a good starter is tough to find. 

They should have started this at the tdl last year...... Missed too many good trading opportunities already leading to re-signing guys they should have dealt.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 2