The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

7 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Dunno why Parayko's even being discussed, they just signed him to an 8x6.5M deal in September. 6'6", 230 pounds, RD, first pairing D for them. Why would they trade that? Clearly they wanted him to stay. 

He's a lynchpin on their defense, move out a D like that and you've got to replace him. And good luck doing that. 

Solely, cause if I was to build a defensive partner for Quinn Hughes, it would be a Paryako clone.  

I think he was an incredible pick by St Louis and it was not serious.  But it did create a buzz… 

4 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Solely, cause if I was to build a defensive partner for Quinn Hughes, it would be a Paryako clone.  

I think he was an incredible pick by St Louis and it was not serious.  But it did create a buzz… 

I get it, he's the prototypical big, talented D to compliment him

And yeah, they did well to pick and develop him

17 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

I was wishing for the Ekblad rumours a couple years ago would be true, because I think he would be the perfect pairing with Hughes. No way to get him now that he's absolutely dominating, but a few years ago there were talks that he was potentially available for the right offer. Sad that Benning ignored our back-end for so long.

On 1/27/2022 at 11:05 PM, N4ZZY said:

We need to keep Bo. He’s an excellent 2nd line centre. 

Heard on the radio today that, I think Sat, was saying that Bo could be signed for less than we all think. 

Perfect trade for us…

Hearing the Rumour is for Lafreniere, a 1st this draft and a second rnd pick next season.

ARE THE VANCOUVER CANUCKS INTERESTED IN A ALEXIS LAFRENIERE TRADE?

By
 Rob Ellis
 -
January 27, 2022

Alexis Lafreniere has not lived up to expectations for a number one overall pick, but he is young and still has lots of time to improve. With the New York Rangers facing salary cap issues in the next few years they may look to trade Lafreniere.

Larry Brooks of the New York Post wonders if Vancouver will make a serious offseason run trading for Lafreniere now that they have hired his (former) agent, Emilie Castonguay, as assistant GM?

Brooks went on to say, Lafreniere is going to have to move to the right wing in order to get top six minutes in New York. If there is doubt that he can handle the move, the Rangers are going to have to consider their options.

Bo Horvat would have to come back in a Lafreniere deal to fill that spot in the middle behind Mika Zibanejad.

It will be interesting to see if the Rangers decide to make a Lafreniere trade in the offseason as they do face a serious salary cap issue in the next few years.

17 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Perfect trade for us…

Hearing the Rumour is for Lafreniere, a 1st this draft and a second rnd pick next season.

ARE THE VANCOUVER CANUCKS INTERESTED IN A ALEXIS LAFRENIERE TRADE?

By
 Rob Ellis
 -
January 27, 2022

Alexis Lafreniere has not lived up to expectations for a number one overall pick, but he is young and still has lots of time to improve. With the New York Rangers facing salary cap issues in the next few years they may look to trade Lafreniere.

Larry Brooks of the New York Post wonders if Vancouver will make a serious offseason run trading for Lafreniere now that they have hired his (former) agent, Emilie Castonguay, as assistant GM?

Brooks went on to say, Lafreniere is going to have to move to the right wing in order to get top six minutes in New York. If there is doubt that he can handle the move, the Rangers are going to have to consider their options.

Bo Horvat would have to come back in a Lafreniere deal to fill that spot in the middle behind Mika Zibanejad.

It will be interesting to see if the Rangers decide to make a Lafreniere trade in the offseason as they do face a serious salary cap issue in the next few years.

I do that deal for Miller. Not for Horvat.

We would be sunk without Horvats ability to eat tough minutes. Miller and Pettersson would not be able to handle those minutes in the playoffs.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I do that deal for Miller. Not for Horvat.

We would be sunk without Horvats ability to eat tough minutes. Miller and Pettersson would not be able to handle those minutes in the playoffs.

We’re doing fine without Horvat,  and it’s slowed Lamikko to look like a rising Center stud.

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

We’re doing fine without Horvat,  and it’s slowed Lamikko to look like a rising Center stud.

Bo is a leader that steps up in big games. 

You don’t trade him for a project like Lafreniere. If he busts that’s a huge hole in your lineup that will be tough to replace.

Miller comes up big in games but is a turnover machine. That kills you in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/27/2022 at 11:05 PM, N4ZZY said:

We need to keep Bo. He’s an excellent 2nd line centre. 

Heard on the radio today that, I think Sat, was saying that Bo could be signed for less than we all think. 

He has earned the right to decide if he wants to extend for reasonable dollars.

That means keeping him this deadline and then trying to sign him for a max term deal at less than $6.5 per year.  If he doesn’t go for that, then trade him to a team that missed out on a big UFA target.  Another ticket to the 2023 draft lottery can be part of the return.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

On 1/27/2022 at 7:25 PM, Phat Fingers said:

remember those Benny The Hutt for Paryako proposals?

If only Jimmer, if only

23 hours ago, Provost said:

He has earned the right to decide if he wants to extend for reasonable dollars.

That means keeping him this deadline and then trying to sign him for a max term deal at less than $6.5 per year.  If he doesn’t go for that, then trade him to a team that missed out on a big UFA target.  Another ticket to the 2023 draft lottery can be part of the return.

The trouble is that if we deal both Miller and Horvat, who's going to be our second line centre, or if Petey can't play top line centre minutes, who's going to be our first line centre?? We cannot deal both unless we get a young centreman in return for Bo, or for Miller. This gives me a headache. Seems like we have needs all over the roster. Maybe this roster isn't as good as we thought it was, which means Benning did a horrific job assembling and building. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

The trouble is that if we deal both Miller and Horvat, who's going to be our second line centre, or if Petey can't play top line centre minutes, who's going to be our first line centre?? We cannot deal both unless we get a young centreman in return for Bo, or for Miller. This gives me a headache. Seems like we have needs all over the roster. Maybe this roster isn't as good as we thought it was, which means Benning did a horrific job assembling and building. 

To be fair, if you start trading away the top 2 C's of any team, it's not going to look good.

32 minutes ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

Bo will be saying show me de money soon enough though

Reports say that's not true.

If he and his agent don't try dragging it on as reports suggest they won't, and they just get it done with term, everyone's happy. 

He also said he wants to stay. 

An offer would have to be monstrous if we move our captain.

• Upvote 3

I would trade him in a second. He has no motor like garland. He can’t score at a top level like Miller. He even isn’t a good leader. Miller had to come to his rescue last yr when team had covid. He not a power forward like Miller. We have too many centres. He hasn’t been able to win before rebuild or after. We need a new captain who is a top scorer to take this team to the next level. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Well you are assuming the baseline is that we actually have a way to keep Miller and Horvat.

I had posted that we give Horvat a chance chance to extend early, and only move on if he won’t.  If he doesn’t want to on July 1st then that is a clear indication that we aren’t going to have him when he is a UFA a year later so we might as wlll get some assets back.

If we get picks in trades there is nothing saying that we can’t flip them for more immediate needs.

41 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Reports say that's not true.

If he and his agent don't try dragging it on as reports suggest they won't, and they just get it done with term, everyone's happy. 

He also said he wants to stay. 

An offer would have to be monstrous if we move our captain.

Bo doesn't seem like a guy that wants to uproot his family.

The only way Bo doesn't re-sign is if we enter a long rebuild. I don't think we are doing that here when a quick 2-year retool would do just fine.

• Upvote 3