The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

5 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

Imagine if that rumored trade with Miller went down last year, and Horvat this year.

Out Horvat and Miller

In Newhook, Lundkvist, Chytil, 2 first round picks, another prospect, tons of cap space. 

That would have been a huge buff to the start of our way back to the top.

We can thank our owner for not allowing these great rebuilding trades.  

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

I'd puke if Kotkaniemi was the return in a trade for Bo. 

I can 100% see a Bo return being KK + Morrow.  We get our 3C and a future rsd.  That’s actually a great trade for us.  I hope our owner will allow it.  

• RoughGame 2

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I can 100% see a Bo return being KK + Morrow.  We get our 3C and a future rsd.  That’s actually a great trade for us.  I hope our owner will allow it.  

The more I think about it I would rather puke and eat it than take Kotkaniemi as the return for Bo. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

You want to trade out first line centre for a 3c?  Get back on your meds old man

Bo is a 3C.  Love him, but he needs to go.  And KK (3C) + Morrow (future top pairing D) is a great return for us.  But our owner will not allow any trade of Bo for just futures.  

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 3

39 minutes ago, jyu said:

Kotkaniemi just doesn't make sense as a trade return for Bo.

He's looking like a cap dump at this point so they'd have to add significant pieces on the deal if they want Horvat in return.

I'd start with Seth Jarvis and whoever is their best defence prospect.

But for Boeser, I would consider taking on Kotkaniemi as long as they add enticing pieces like a defenceman and a draft pick.

They're going to likely need to send back cap of some sort.  He's the most likely. And yes,  they'd clearly have to add and possibly retain $1m etc to make it worth our while.

There's like zero chance we're getting Jarvis. No way they give him up. Think more Drury, Morrow, Seeley, Gunler, Nikishin, Suzuki...

22 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The more I think about it I would rather puke and eat it than take Kotkaniemi as the return for Bo. 

See above. They're going to need to send cap back and he's the most likely. There are ways to make it work. Nobody is suggesting he'd be the main return.

Edited by aGENT

JK from Carolina would be a cap dump to make the trade work IMO, he has minimal value

Seth Jarvis and Marrow or go F yourself CAR, Bo would be your 2C so that makes Jarvis totally redundant, plus Necas is having a break out year and can play wing and C, plus they have Jack Drury.

If it is not going to be Jarvis then this is what we need:

CAR 1st 2023

Drury

JK

Morrow

• Cheers 1

Kotkaniemi is the little .... that injured Petey a few years back.

If KK comes to the Canucks, Peteys gone too!

You do not acquire players that have injured your star players.

Krieder, Kotkaniemi and Matheseon :ph34r: are all on Peteys radar at all times.

No Kotkaniemi!

never mind that he is garbage with a bad contract.

• Cheers 1

Max pac will magically be out till April Carolina won’t need to dump shit for cap. We can retain 50% on bo they just need to clear 2.75 and if bo is a 3c who is the 2c on this team? Dries?? Imagine having a 3c who is over a ppg and on pace for 60+ goals how the hell is this not a Stanley cup winner by now? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

You want to trade out first line centre for a 3c?  Get back on your meds old man

Exactly!  Finally another poster understands how to win.  :frantic:

KK is our Malholtra.  Not a lot of points but a great defensive centre and a pan in the asss to play against.  KK actually brings meanness that Manny never did.  Sadly though too many fans don’t understand the value of the def3nsive player.  To them (in their blinded by Koolaid way) it’s about offence.  And let me our owner thinks, that’s LOSERVILLE. 

34 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Bo is 3rd in the league in goals, 2nd amoung centers trailing only Connor McDavid. He is #2 in faceoff win percentage out of the top 30 scoring centers (Tavares 60%, Bo 58%, Hischier 56%) and is miraculously still a +1 on a dreadful team. He is no where close to being a 3c, or even a 2c for that matter.

Sell high

• Vintage 2
  • There it is 1

id throw up in my mouth. But if it was the best offer and Horvat not signing I guess I’d take it..

Newhook and a 1st at minimum you’d think.

dreaming of

Newhook and Byram for Horvat, Rathbone, Schenn

I know that won’t happen But Byrams injuries concern me tbh

43 minutes ago, R3aL said:

id throw up in my mouth. But if it was the best offer and Horvat not signing I guess I’d take it..

dreaming of

i would also vomit with that return, I would just resign him and dump ppl for 7ths or futures like Brock, garland and trade some young players as sweeteners to take on a player - like rathbone and Pearson and futures to Ottawa 

14 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Bo is 3rd in the league in goals, 2nd amoung centers trailing only Connor McDavid. He is #2 in faceoff win percentage out of the top 30 scoring centers (Tavares 60%, Bo 58%, Hischier 56%) and is miraculously still a +1 on a dreadful team. He is no where close to being a 3c, or even a 2c for that matter.

BO had 52 points last year.  So best to sell high while he is at the top of his game.  These numbers are not sustainable for him, just like 99 points for Miller was not sustainable.  

If we sign BO to an 8x8 contract, he will most likely fall back to that 60 point player and eventually will become a 3C on this team...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, R3aL said:

dreaming of

Newhook and a second would be atrocious. 

• Cheers 1