The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

Just now, ilduce39 said:

Necas is at a PPG as well.  Why would canes even do him 1 for 1?

Necas is a perimeter player...Honestly not what we need to be spending a good chunk on again imo

But I have no idea, All I know is canes fans get mad when you suggest poaching him:lol:

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don’t understand how he ever thinks that’s a good idea, seeing as how it’s ended up resulting in a goal against. 

Agreed, it’s become the most predictable part of a fairly predictable power play. I expect to see more of them picked off.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Necas is at a PPG as well.  Why would canes even do him 1 for 1?

Necas is having a breakout year, but as a RW; not a C.  The Jackets may want Bo, but

the Nucks really don't want another RW (unless the plan is to flip him for a player that fills

a role they need.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

True. Even if this new management group is canned within three years, they’ll be replaced with another group that’s content on maintaining more of the same mediocre status quo that results in this team doing nothing and going nowhere. 

Yeah, good chance the current FO will scapegoated. 

SHORT TERMED CONTRACT TO FO STAFF = SHORTSIGHTED GAMBLES, FOR A COTRACT...   

I agree, the current "win now" strategies will not lead to a cup but we can all enjoy, the regular season accomplishments.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Vintage 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

One player doesn't make a team. Fact is that the Canucks have failed to build a winning team around Bo 7 out of the 9 years he's been here. He has no reason to do this franchise any favors.

Completely. Anyone thinking that Horvat should make with the hometown discount is kidding themselves. No player owes management that at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, good chance the current FO will scapegoated. 

SHORT TERMED CONTRACT TO FO STAFF = SHORTSIGHTED GAMBLES, FOR A COTRACT...   

I agree, the current "win now" strategies will not lead to a cup...

These win now strategies are nothing more than bandaids on a gaping wound. 

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Guys (and teams/GM's) sign these sort of deals EVERY year though. Look at just Huberdeau and Gaudreau this summer. As much as I'd like us to move off Miller, win now teams very much understand that the back half of those deals aren't going to be great. But given they're outside of their contention window, they don't really care. In fact, by comparison, Miller's actually signed to a good, below market value deal. As I stated.

Do you think teams like CAL, WAS, PIT, NYI etc actually care that the last 3'ish years are going to be poor value? 

Yeah for sure those deals get signed often. Difference is those teams have or had a championship window when those contracts were signed. I still don't believe anyone in management thought this team was in a position to win/contend now. I know his contract is 8 years but JTs window to be the man is right now not 5 years from now.They could have waited to see how the team performed this year before signing JT to an extension too...of course you risk injury or his production falling off hurting value etc. 

• Vintage 1

I for one love Bo as our captain.

If he rejected a good offer then we need to get the best deal possible.

So far signing Brock and Miller is done so get over it.

We know we need to make thus team better and it starts with both Brock and Bo being traded 

I think we can still get back two decent players with a high pick in trades,just hope one us a rhd that can play with QH.

That is what this team needs more then anything.

If we need another center then another trade or ufa in the summer and maybe just maybe we can be better next year.

Just now, Harold Drunken said:

Yeah for sure those deals get signed often. Difference is those teams have or had a championship window when those contracts were signed. I still don't believe anyone in management thought this team was in a position to win/contend now. I know his contract is 8 years but JTs window to be the man is right now not 5 years from now.They could have waited to see how the team performed this year before signing JT to an extension too...of course you risk injury or his production falling off hurting value etc. 

True. What was the rush with Miller? What was it that made them decide to give him a new contract well before necessary?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Harold Drunken said:

Preaching to the choir. I wanted him gone last spring. He made no sense for us to extend here.

Doesn't mean that at +/-1PPG power forward who can win draws/play C in a pinch, and is on expiring bargain deal, with a below market extension is "untradeable". Again, "win now" teams would be thrilled to add that if we can make the cap work short term for them by retaining this year or taking back other salary.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

True. What was the rush with Miller? What was it that made them decide to give him a new contract well before necessary?

This is something I've been thinking about a lot recently. In the summer it just seemed like it was what it was. They had to sign him or trade him. Starting the season without a contract or deal just wasn't an option it seemed. But looking back now...why? Imagine this team having both players on expiring deals for the tdl? 

Could have kickstarted a rebuild in a massive way.

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 2

3 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

I for one love Bo as our captain.

If he rejected a good offer then we need to get the best deal possible.

So far signing Brock and Miller is done so get over it.

We know we need to make thus team better and it starts with both Brock and Bo being traded 

I think we can still get back two decent players with a high pick in trades,just hope one us a rhd that can play with QH.

That is what this team needs more then anything.

If we need another center then another trade or ufa in the summer and maybe just maybe we can be better next year.

There's no reason both Miller and BB6 can't be traded.  In fact, if you're going to deal Miller, this is the season to do it

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1