The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

If it is about having cap space- why did the team sign almost $20 mill for next year, and the years beyond?

Cap space could have been had by not signing

Brock to a 3 yr term

Miller to a  7 yr term

Mikheyev to 4 yr term.

Money has already been spent, now the scramble to recover from those decisions begins in earnest.

Edit to add- and it is harder to fix these issues, now; if the team had been planning on a $4 mill hike to the cap ceiling.

Edited by Gurn
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

It is possible that Horvat just wants to play closer to home and for a cup before he is too old.

Rick Nash hung around for way too long in Columbus and one of the best players in the league never got a chance to play for a cup when he could still be relevant. Maybe Horvat has just had enough losing and being the spokes person under the media hot lamp.

He paid his dues now the team has to put on the best face it can so they don't get trashed for trading a fan favourite without apparent effort put out to keep him, sort of like they are maneuvering for a mutual departure. Both tried but just couldn't get it done.

At least it will be good practice for when Petey and Huggy Bear demand a trade to go play for a contender.  Do you honestly see them staying around, during a rebuild or whatever, until we become elite?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Anyone who gets in a heated convo with Schenn at the end of period like that says to me that they're not emotionally on the same page as the rest of the leadership team. Now that the word "toxic" has been put out there, I'm 80%+ convinced that this locker room is broken, and Miller is the guy that has been rubbing others the wrong way for all the wrong reasons, and for a long time.

This is a big turning point for the franchise: They either keep the toxic personality and lose the captain and likely others as well, or they cut their losses and trade him and see what this team can do with the rest of the leadership group. 

Of course, it's possible Farhan is getting his info from an unreliable source and all is good in the room. 

This doesn't really jive with what Bruce says about Miller since he has been coaching here.

I find Bruce is a straight shooter.

That said, I also heard Schenn and JT got into it in a face off drill during practice not too long ago.

To be honest, i am kinda impressed that JT the firepot is willing to stand in the face of the monster that is Luke. That takes some brass tackle and is dangerous for ones health. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Gurn said:

" Bo won't take a home town discount"-  How the heck do we know?

" Bo was offered $5.125"                     - How the heck do we know?

" Bo wants to leave"                            -How the heck do we know?

"Bo turned down an 8x 8 deal"              How do we know?

So many people think they KNOW, but like the rest of us, they don't know a damn thing.

They are guessing, just like everyone else.

Yup.

I'm also not entirely sold on the idea that JT Miller was the wrong player to re-sign. 

Horvat would likely be more expensive to re-sign, and potentially bring in a bigger haul in trade.

Miller at a point per game, if he can cut down on the giveaways (maybe back at center) is worth 8 million a year. Bo, regressing back to his usual point totals, is not worth 9m a season. 

We knew we were going to lose a forward (or multiple forwards) to shore up our Defence - whether in trade, or to create cap space for some UFA fishing. We also knew it was likely going to be a center, with Petey, Miller, and Bo all good centers. 

So many doomers right now.. lets just see how this all plays out. 

• Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

FWIW:

That’s not fair, if true.  Bo should get the Landeskog deal - 56 million.  7 per x 8 years.  Maybe go 7.5 x 8 for 60 mil.  

I do think our owner will step up, like IMHAO he did with Miller, and push management to g9 to a number they migh5 not agree with, but that will ge5 Bo to stay.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

That’s not fair, if true.  Bo should get the Landeskog deal - 56 million.  7 per x 8 years.  Maybe go 7.5 x 8 for 60 mil.  

I do think our owner will step up, like IMHAO he did with Miller, and push management to g9 to a number they migh5 not agree with, but that will ge5 Bo to stay.  

Must be hard typing with those fat furry mitts of yours lol

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

This doesn't really jive with what Bruce says about Miller since he has been coaching here.

I find Bruce is a straight shooter.

That said, I also heard Schenn and JT got into it in a face off drill during practice not too long ago.

To be honest, i am kinda impressed that JT the firepot is willing to stand in the face of the monster that is Luke. That takes some brass tackle and is dangerous for ones health. 

It can still align with BB's take, as he's not wrong that Miller is a fiery leader, but after multiple bouts of losing and that fiery personality lingering, eventually that fire gets  old and unbearable on others. 

One good season and he wants more money which I don't blame him. He will get it somewhere else but not in Vancouver that is for sure. A big trade is going to happen and let's hope this will happen sooner than later to help the team out get into the playoffs. New Captain???Who do you guys think? Petey? 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

It can still align with BB's take, as he's not wrong that Miller is a fiery leader, but after multiple bouts of losing and that fiery personality lingering, eventually that fire gets  old and unbearable on others. 

Any legs to this from team members? or just your thoughts?

2 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

One good season and he wants more money which I don't blame him. He will get it somewhere else but not in Vancouver that is for sure. A big trade is going to happen and let's hope this will happen sooner than later to help the team out get into the playoffs. New Captain???Who do you guys think? Petey? 

EP fo-sho

25 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

FWIW:

Lol.. shows the management have 0 interest in re-signing bo if that’s true. Even at 50 mil.. that’s 6.25 x 8 lmao.. that’s barely more than what he makes now.. I think it’s embarrassing if this is how they value and negotiated with Horvat… it’s like wasting everyone’s time and doing it just for the pr.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Any legs to this from team members? or just your thoughts?

Speculation, of course, but based off reports and that clip of Miller and Schenn. What team member would actually come out and confirm? It's one of those things we'll never know the full truth, but I think at this stage we can speculate with higher probability that the reports are more true than not.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jester13 said:

Speculation, of course, but based off reports and that clip of Miller and Schenn. What team member would actually come out and confirm? It's one of those things we'll never know the full truth, but I think at this stage we can speculate with higher probability that the reports are more true than not.

Oh, sorry. I have missed these reports. Who and what were they saying?

The last time I heard of this stuff was from Corky Hirsch.

6 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

I’m going to bet 90% chance ep will be traded before July 1st next season when the Canucks can’t get him willing to sign a long term contract. There’s almost 0 chance the Canucks are a playoff team next season and very unlikely EP will be willing to sign his life away in Vancouver especially watching how this management have handled negotiation and treatment of players coaches so far 

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh, sorry. I have missed these reports. Who and what were they saying?

The last time I heard of this stuff was from Corky Hirsch.

The Farhan one from today aligns with rumours of division from the past, same with Dickinson after he left.

• Like 1