The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

9 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol scoring garbage goal so what is he suppose to do? Don’t shoot the puck and carry it back to his own zone? You guys talk like nhl is like the NFL when the winning team play loose defence and gives up chunk yardage in garbage time.. so the winning team stops playing and their goalie stops saving the puck?

Bo leads the team in game winning goals.

leads the team in shorthanded goals- and short handed points.

Second in points on the team.

gets labelled 'garbage time goal scorer" by people that have already made up their minds. SAD.

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Gurn said:

gets labelled 'garbage time goal scorer" by people that have already made up their minds. SAD

This is why I mentioned the treatment of Miller.

Even you, my friend, commented on how JT is being 'carried' by Bo on that line. Which I disagree as JT looks to set up Bo often. You also state that JT can't play centre dispite having success at that posititon.

Not saying both shouldn't be open to criticisim but they are both way better players than they get credit for around here. 

• Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, Odd. said:

He’s absolutely right..

$8M+ to avoid blocking shots and scoring garbage goals? Why is he asking for that much? Why should we re-sign that, especially after giving Miller an 8x8?

His departure and maximizing his return would actually benefit the team in the long run, and is actually the move we must make.

I love Bo, but it’s time for a change of scenery.

happy show GIF

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Even you, my friend, commented on how JT is being 'carried' by Bo on that line.

Yep, generally right after someone extolls the virtue of Miller, and his so called 'incredible leadership' and playing ability; I'll be there adding much needed balance- to counter act the 'J.T. is superman," trope.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Yep, generally right after someone extolls the virtue of Miller, and his so called 'incredible leadership' and playing ability; I'll be there adding much needed balance- to counter act the 'J.T. is superman," trope.

Oh.

I dont see many calling him superman. In fact he has been slammed more than any other player in the last 2 seasons imo.

He is a good leader. So is Bo. They are just different.

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Yes, way back- last year :)      J.T. played center.

He scored enough points to off set his bad defence- this year he did not outscore his center ice deficiencies.

So they put him with Bo- where he has assisted on less than half of Bo's goals, but at least J.T.'s plus minus has stabilized at minus 11.

The team signed the wrong guy, and soon the team will have to pay for that mistake.

Yes. He can play centre. Not as well as you would like I see.

Not my point though, really I was commenting on the obsurd dissing that goes on about good players. Extemes on both sides of the divide I guess.

Strange for a person like me that likes both players. 

• Cheers 1

I don’t even care anymore… trade him sign him whatever. I went to the game against the Jets… worst game I have ever attended in my life and I’ve been to two others previous to this one this year. Been to over a hundred games, this one takes the cake as most pathetic ever. Trade the captain, trade anyone … ugh!!

• Cheers 3

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I dont see many calling him superman

did you miss about half of the offseason JT thread?

All that 'he's the true leader' stuff?

I mean he yells and screams- means he's a great leader, right?

Imo

J.T. is a good player- he is not the best on this team.

J.T. is a good leader-he is not the best on this team

J.T. is the 3rd best center, on this team, when he is playing good enough defence to be trusted at center.

good piece to the team, but should not have been signed to that contract.

a bit too much money, to a bit too old a player, for way too long a deal.

Bo is a good player-he is not the best on the team

Bo is a good leader- he is not the best on the team

Bo is the second best center on the team, despite not being a Selke candidate level defensive guy.

Bo is also younger,  currently cheaper, and has been a career Canuck.-better at face offs as well.

He should have been the priority this off season, he wasn't.

Now they either trade Bo, or a couple other guys, to get under their cap issues.

Self inflicted wounds are the worst.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Bo leads the team in game winning goals.

leads the team in shorthanded goals- and short handed points.

Second in points on the team.

gets labelled 'garbage time goal scorer" by people that have already made up their minds. SAD.

If he scores a goal it’s garbage goal if he doesn’t score a goal he’s garbage. If he scores more than 1 goal he’s a stat chaser go figure 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We are gonna take a step back once we move Bo. Gonna be hard to replace his offence and reliability. 

It is what it is though. Can’t really afford him anymore. 

No one tell our owner a Bo trade means a step back.  

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I thought you were all for trading Horvat and Miller. You change your stances every other day.

When did I ever say I was for trading Bo?  I'm accept it's likely to happen, but it'll be catastrophic for this franchise.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh.

I dont see many calling him superman. In fact he has been slammed more than any other player in the last 2 seasons imo.

He is a good leader. So is Bo. They are just different.

Yes. He can play centre. Not as well as you would like I see.

Not my point though, really I was commenting on the obsurd dissing that goes on about good players. Extemes on both sides of the divide I guess.

Strange for a person like me that likes both players. 

How is Miller a good leader? 
He’s not intelligent enough to lead intelligent players…

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

When did I ever say I was for trading Bo?  I'm accept it's likely to happen, but it'll be catastrophic for this franchise.

In what way do you think it’s going to be catastrophic? Because as it is right now WITH the current semantics WITH Horvat things are looking catastrophic and that is unlikely to change.

You want Miller to be moved but get real here, you’re not going to get Dubois or whoever you’re suggesting, and NY isn’t cooking up shit to make a pointless trade for Miller while they have Trochek and all those RFA’s needing to be signed.

So the question is, do you still think keeping Horvat at his incredible joke of an asking price is LESS catastrophic than trading him while his value is at an all time high, freeing up cap space now and the future, and we avoid yet another possible albatross contract we will struggle to move for the rest of this decade? 

We’re in a flat cap era, management thought it would be easy to flip flop contracts, but then suddenly realized literally nobody wants cap without cap space. Mind = Blown

Horvat has had maybe 3 off games this season, one of which was the season opener. The only forward on the roster with more blocked shots than Horvat is Pettersson. He's been incredibly consistent this season. Yes, Bo had a pretty meh game on Saturday (but was still 71% on faceoffs and scored a goal). He missed an attempt to block a shot and suddenly he's being vilified as not giving effort and not caring about the success of this team? 

I don't understand this fanbase sometimes. No, Horvat is obviously not a McDavid offensively or possibly the game's best ever two-way forward in Bergeron, but he's not suddenly garbage because he had a bad play or two. Sure, there are things I wish he would do more of, but he still works his butt off most nights and has to deal with our terrible media everyday. 

That being said we are clearly trending towards trading him so I just hope we get good value back that can jump start a rebuild.

• Cheers 3