The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bo + Bone + McDonnough for Byram + Newhook? 

Draft picks more likely.  Colorado also interested in Toews per Friedman.  Chicago looking for a typical TDL return - might make Toews a better target than Horvat if the Canucks insist on roster players.  

35 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Byram will fit on our LTIR perfectly!  Severson is also a pending UFA, so potentially a rental.

His recent IR stint (Lower body) may actually be good to rest his concussion issues further but who knows.

Severson for Boeser allows us to either just free the cap if Severson doesn’t fit or re-sign him in a down year for a reasonable amount.  No bad outcomes on that one.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Was merely an example of dollar in dollar out not an actual proposal.

Canucks/NJD not really good trade partners.  Don't really see anything that would interest them.  Skating speed is not the Canucks' forté.  Quinn Hughes would box out Luke Hughes - there's not enough minutes / role to go around with Hamilton also in the mix as offensive D and PP QB.  Doesn't fit either the big and suffocating defence that Fitzgerald says he wants.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, mll said:

Canucks/NJD not really good trade partners.  Don't really see anything that would interest them.  Skating speed is not the Canucks' forté.  Quinn Hughes would box out Luke Hughes - there's not enough minutes / role to go around with Hamilton also in the mix as offensive D and PP QB.  Doesn't fit either the big and suffocating defence that Fitzgerald says he wants.  

Again was a dollar in dollar out example, not a proposal. So not sure why you're carrying on about whether or not they're good trade partners lol

Edited by canuck73_3

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

And even that, they likely far prefer to give up Drury over Jarvis IMO. 

CAR really does seem like the best fit IMO. Horvat would fit like a glove on that team (hard working, North-South team), at their biggest weakness (scoring 2C bumper PP guy). Horvat would love playing there and they'd love what he brings.

And they have the pieces we need... Morrow (RHD), Drury (mid 6 C) and some mix of Seeley (RHD)/Heimosalmi(RHD)/Nikishin(LHD). They send back Gardiner's expiring LTIR and it even covers most of the cap difference for them.

amen

I would throw in schenn or Aiden Mcdonut

I could see Bo resinging there.. I wonder if CAR wants demko too for an even larger trade.

Jarvis + Drury + Morrow + 2023 1st + Gardiner's LTIR + cap dump  for Bo, Schenn and Demko

Schenn can go win another cup and resign with us

Edited by Canucks Curse

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

amen

I would throw in schenn or Aiden Mcdonut

I could see Bo resinging there.. I wonder if CAR wants demko too for an even larger trade.

Jarvis + Drury + Morrow + 2023 1st + Gardiner's LTIR + cap dump  for Bo, Schenn and Demko

They don't need Demko. They already have Kochetkov as their "goalie of the future" and vets Anderson and Raanta. That honestly one of the better goalie groups in the league.

27 minutes ago, aGENT said:

CAR really does seem like the best fit IMO. Horvat would fit like a glove on that team. Horvat would love playing there and they'd love what he brings.

Maybe, but don't you think someone would need an actual personality to fit in with those post-game theatrics they got going on over there^_^?

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, mll said:

Draft picks more likely.  Colorado also interested in Toews per Friedman.  Chicago looking for a typical TDL return - might make Toews a better target than Horvat if the Canucks insist on roster players.  

Toews makes more sense from a rental standpoint imo, unless they ship cap out Colorado can't afford to retain Horvat anyway

They could rent Toews though and write it off as trying to repeat 

Horvat is likely to get a greater return from a team who's committed to trying to extend him 

34 minutes ago, Muttley said:

The one that sparks some interest on this is the one that has the Canucks getting Seth Jarvis, Stefan Noesen, Scott Morrow + 2023 third. That's just one.

There may be many really good, logical deals for the Canucks that could be much better as long as Canuck's management isn't hell bent on instantaneous

quick fix results that are for the present only. 

With a generally good proven record all through his career, Horvat should garner a excellent return. 

Lots of tempting deals out there.  I hope management changes their tune and considers futures as the principle return on any deals they make. 

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

CAR really does seem like the best fit IMO. Horvat would fit like a glove on that team (hard working, North-South team), at their biggest weakness (scoring 2C bumper PP guy). Horvat would love playing there and they'd love what he brings.

And they have the pieces we need... Morrow (RHD), Drury (mid 6 C) and some mix of Seeley (RHD)/Heimosalmi(RHD)/Nikishin(LHD). They send back Gardiner's expiring LTIR and it even covers most of the cap difference for them.

I'd love to get our hands on Seeley. I think he's got something special.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Not up to management.  Our owner is the guy setting the direction.

JR has more control than you think. He wouldn’t have come here if he didn’t. 

I’m pretty sure these guys will give Bo one more final offer before he is shipped out. 

• There it is 1

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

JR has more control than you think. He wouldn’t have come here if he didn’t. 

I’m pretty sure these guys will give Bo one more final offer before he is shipped out. 

That’s your opinion, which you are (of course) entitled to but IMHAO JR is following the direction of our owner.  JR is an old boys club guy.  He will never challenge his owner.  He should.  But he won’t.  JR likes the big seat on an NHL club.  He’s selling his soul to have one here.  Very sad. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, steviewonder20 said:

Can you imagine if we make some hockey trades to clear cap, etc and don't get any extra 2023 first round picks back aside from our own #10-15 pick? I’ll be pulling what remains of my hair out. Ffs, this is the year to collect more 1st and 2nd round picks.

Would be great!  Tell that to our owner. 

Just now, Alflives said:

IMHAO JR is following the direction of our owner.  JR is an old boys club guy.  He will never challenge his owner.  He should.  But he won’t.  

Maybe. He is also an old man. It’s all about legacy and producing another Cup. JR may not have time or patience to rebuild. We may all be looking at this wrong and JR might be the one blocking the tear down. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, grandmaster said:

Maybe. He is also an old man. It’s all about legacy and producing another Cup. JR may not have time or patience to rebuild. We may all be looking at this wrong and JR might be the one blocking the tear down. 

Maybe JR actually believes his key core of Petey, Demko, and Hughes is as good as Letang, Crosby, and Malkin, so if he builds an excellent supporting cast they can win the Cup.  Would be awesome if in a couple years those three are supported with a great group and we are a top team.  

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Horvat seems like a perfect Rob Brind'Amour player

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1