The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

2 hours ago, Boknows08 said:

What are you thoughts on Mittlestadt? 

No,.I wouldn't be interested in him.  If they wouldn't do Joker/1st I'd maybe press them for Cozens, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to give him up.  If no Joker + 1st (or Cozens) then no deal I suppose. 

2 hours ago, KirkSave said:

Not enough coming back our way IMHO. 

A young, highly mobile RHD with huge upside on team friendly,  cost controlled contract and either a lottery pick or a top 20 at very least - it'd be hard to turn that down given we need both assets badly. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, jyu said:

I’d prefer their 1st over Mittlestadt. Buffalo will miss the playoffs so that’s likely a top 10-15 pick. 

He’s not an upgrade over Horvat and will never be. 

5 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

No,.I wouldn't be interested in him.  If they wouldn't do Joker/1st I'd maybe press them for Cozens, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to give him up.  If no Joker + 1st (or Cozens) then no deal I suppose. 

For sure, most definitely prefer their 1st or Cozens but can’t seem them giving up either and would like a centre back. Maybe Joki and Ostlund for Bo then get another centre through another deal. 

4 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Aged badly quickly.

His first period I agree though.

Captain Clutch. Going to miss him, he's going to beat us one day in a meaningful game, especially if he's traded to a team our East. 

I'm going to miss Bo. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

the way horvat is playing.. JR is going to ask for the moon.. everyone balks and falls back to plan B.. and then we'll end up trading horvat to an underwhelming offer just for the sake of not losing him for nothing.. it's not unreasonable to think that. 

With how this team is playing. I wouldn’t be surprised if management keeps him for a playoff push, only to miss the playoffs by a hair, and then lose him for nothing.

I’m just preparing for the worst case scenario.

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, shiznak said:

With how this team is playing. I wouldn’t be surprised if management keeps him for a playoff push, only to miss the playoffs by a hair, and then lose him for nothing.

I’m just preparing for the worst case scenario.

I think us being Canucks fans is the worst case scenario...

23 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Did he even play? :bigblush:

Screenshot_20221224_090444_Chrome.jpg

To be fair, he was terrible in the first period. I rewatched the Mikheyev turn over a few times that lead to the goal. He passed out front to Horvat and missed hin. But from my eyes, Bo stood there for a completely unacceptable amount of time before even turning around for a backcheck. It was like his gut reaction was to not give a damn about defense and have a quick pout he wasn't getting another goal.

Edited by Shayster007

if we are taking Martinez back then it has to be more substantial than that...

I like Cormier and Korcak, Sapovaliv in terms of prospects..

Zach whitecloud, Hague and especially Nicholas roy would be guys I target on their NHL roster if they need to send us Martinez then make them, pay

To VAN

Korczak

Roy

Cormier

Martinez

Hague

To  LVG

Horvat

Schenn

Dries

Stillman (lol)

• Cheers 1