The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 hour ago, Maginator said:

Seeing alot of 'Trade JT sign Bo' on the boards.

IMO JT has more top end talent than Bo. He needs his leash/muzzle... But Bo has been a terrible captain.

There's a reason why this team's leadership is being called out by the coach 2 games in. There virtually is none with our silent captain. 31 goals so far is great but his shooting % is not sustainable and he disappears half our games. Not worth 8M in my books.

IMO JT is the better player, he just needs to be put in his place. When Bo is gone and the captaincy goes to Petey I think he will realize his place on this team. Also Tocchet will take care of him.

JT is more valuable at 8M and can low-key put up 70 points in the next 4 seasons.

That only matters if you actually believe the Canucks will do anything meaningful over the next four seasons. I don't, I've been firm since last summer in that we're probably at least four seasons out from contention and we've looked even worse than I thought we would. 

We'd be better off with his cap space, or some of his cap space imo. 

Edited by Coconuts

9 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Im hoping I am wrong but I feel we might be disappointed with the return for Bo unless he agrees to an extension in advance with the new team

Tough for him to do that when his agent doesn’t have permission to speak with interested teams.  Thst said I suspect the reason Miller and Kuzmenko were both signed ahead of him is that he’s determined to test free agency 

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

According to Rick Dhaliwal, Pat Morris, BO's agent, has been in town for the last 2 days.  Pat Morris has not met with JR/PA at all.  Meanwhile, they just re-signed Kuzmenko.

BO is gone, I think it happens in the next week...

You said that last week....<_<

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I wonder how much of CDC would meltdown if we re-signed Bo. 

We can’t as it stands but it sure would be hysterical. 

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think it'd be funny as hell.

I honestly think it's gonna happen.  I think Brock is gonna be moved, Bo will be re-signed, and in the off season, Myers gets moved.  Then there's cap flexibility for next season to try and improve some more.

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'd be thrilled if we did...so long as it's under $7.5 and they followed it up by moving out Miller, Boeser and Garland.

Yip, keep Bo. Move Miller. He isn't worth as much now but the Isles are a perfect fit. 

Edited by rekker

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I honestly think it's gonna happen.  I think Brock is gonna be moved, Bo will be re-signed, and in the off season, Myers gets moved.  Then there's cap flexibility for next season to try and improve some more.

There will be a weeping and gnashing of teeth from those who've gradually come to the conclusion that "Bo bad, Bo gotta go" when they realize he's here for another 7-8 years. If he stays. 

I don't think it'll happen but it'd be hilarious. I think he goes and that Miller should too. Eject the vets, our window is further out than what's remaining of their prime. 

Our contention window anyway imo. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

If they did that they better strip that C from him immediately

Have the Canucks EVER stripped the C from someone? I mean, even Linden technically gave it up didn't he? Didn't Luongo relinquish it too?

Edited by Coconuts

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

There will be a weeping and gnashing of teeth from those who've gradually come to the conclusion that "Bo bad, Bo gotta go" when they realize he's here for another 7-8 years. If he stays. 

I don't think it'll happen but it'd be hilarious. I think he goes and that Miller should too. Eject the vets, our window is further out than what's remaining of their prime. 

I'll sign up for above^, provided we receive commensurate value for both.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

You want them to trade Miller?

No Clue What GIF by THE NEXT STEP

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1