The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

2 hours ago, Devron said:

Except Horvats not going anywhere 

He’s still considered an “option”,  that’s why he’s probably not signed before Christmas..

the term in hockey is “we are keeping our options open”.

players normally use it,   Management rarely gets he opportunity to.

If that changes, he is offered, and signs,  .… but in the moment,  Horvat is an option to upgrade where they seem fit if the right offer comes along.

Dont get me wrong , I like Horvat..  but since both Miller and Horvat became eligible to extend here,.   This is how I thought it would work out.

Apart from working out the figures,  this path seemed the most sensible.

Id honestly be surprised if Bo IS signed at the start of the season.

Edited by SilentSam

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

The media is ridiculous. They just love to get fans worried and worked up over nothing.:lol:

The ink has barely dried on the Miller deal that the media said would never happen, and they’ve already moved on to creating anxiety over getting Bo signed. :picard:

I love that the Canucks keep adding to the media salt by leaking nothing, Firing all their team sources and floating the idea of in house radio stuff.

Let's fly a banner saying ban duhhrance from rogers arena!

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

He’s still considered an “option”,  that’s why he’s probably not signed before Christmas..

If that changes, he offered, and signs,  then that changes.… but in the moment,  Horvat is an option to upgrade where they seem fit if the right offer comes along.

Dont get me wrong , I like Horvat..  but since both Miller and Horvat became eligible to extend here,.   This is how I thought it would work out.

Bo is part of our “Core Group” of players as stated by Rutherford and Allvin. Bo will be signed and captain this team for the next 8 years. 

Miller

Bo

Petey.

Will be the best Center group in the league as early as this season 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Muttley said:

Optimism Limited with Canucks GM Allvin on Bo Horvat Contract

September 6, 2022

By

Rob Simpson 
Vancouver Canucks, Patrik Allvin

Vancouver Canucks General Manager Patrik Allvin.

In his first nine months at the helm, Canucks General Manager Patrik Allvin has been relatively forthcoming compared to most in his position, whether on purpose or by accident. Either he took “keep your mouth shut” management training over the summer or he’s genuinely neutral on the club’s contract negotiations with captain Bo Horvat.

The point of his Tuesday morning media meeting was to discuss the signing of JT Miller last week, but we didn’t really learn anything VHN hadn’t reported last Friday. To rehash it would be to rehash it. In summary, Miller’s excited, the negotiations came together and to fruition in a burst of discussions over a 48-hour period last week, and the Canucks are glad to have him.

One note, VHN asked of Miller’s no-trade clause that kicks in with his new contract next summer, and whether or not the club back-timed it to include the final year of his present contract. Allvin said no, but there is every intention of keeping Miller around for the long term. Makes sense, it would be a betrayal and public relations suicide to move the club’s leading scorer at this point. Call it a technicality. Who knows, if things go south for the team this season, maybe they contemplate something at the trade deadline, but that’s a whopping ‘if’.

As for Horvat negotiations, the next major event on the agenda to avoid distraction this season and to prepare ahead with financials in place for next summer’s free agent and salary cap season, Allvin repeated himself when answering three different questions and being approached from the angle of ‘importance’ and ‘optimism’ in getting the deal done before training camp or the start of the season.

“We still continue to talk here and as I said we have a lot of respect for Bo, Bo is our captain here and he’s been a good player for his stint in Vancouver,” Allvin said. “Hopefully we can figure something out here.”

Horvat’s agent Pat Morris was less than forthcoming last week as well, indicating it’s not his policy to speak of contract negotiations as a matter of player privacy. He was not necessarily moved by the club’s enthusiasm for their captain and his long-term future following the end of last season. Talks have been active.

a textbook example of a nobody blogger taking a mean-nothing quote that we've all already seen and heard, and trying to turn it into something to fret about. 

take note, people: this is the kind of trash you shouldn't be validating with your clicks. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

Bo is part of our “Core Group” of players as stated by Rutherford and Allvin. Bo will be signed and captain this team for the next 8 years. 

Miller

Bo

Petey.

Will be the best Center group in the league as early as this season 

You can convince yourself ,  and that’s fine.

but I’ll only be convinced that he is here when we have him signed.

I’m not saying he will be,  nor am I saying he won’t.

Until then,.   “It is what it is “ .

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I love that the Canucks keep adding to the media salt by leaking nothing, Firing all their team sources and floating the idea of in house radio stuff.

Let's fly a banner saying ban duhhrance from rogers arena!

I agree. I love how salty the media gets when they get nothing from the team.

Pretty entertaining to watch them backpedal after everything they’ve been spewing for the last few months is immediately disproven.

Everyone liked how honest and open Benning was but I don’t think he did himself any favours with the media.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I agree. I love how salty the media gets when they get nothing from the team.

Pretty entertaining to watch them backpedal after everything they’ve been spewing for the last few months is immediately disproven.

Everyone liked how honest and open Benning was but I don’t think he did himself any favours with the media.

Shoooo buddyyyy. Having everyone liked and Benning in the same sentence on CDC... :lol:

I wish we could have guys like Russo for the wild. Get on a real personal level. Not this greaseball stirring the pot style they do now. 

I always enjoy those behind the scene videos. Especially the mic'd up haha! They do them for the draft / certain road trips ect.. Well I wish they would just have a media team who did that throughout the whole year. Every week or whatever they drop a 30min video. Let fans get a real feel for who these guys are / what the club culture is all about. It would really help pour water on the little rats opinion that gets shoved in our face right now

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

the term in hockey is “we are keeping our options open”.

players normally use it,   Management rarely gets he opportunity to.

If that changes, he is offered, and signs,  .… but in the moment,  Horvat is an option to upgrade where they seem fit if the right offer comes along.

Here we go...

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Star Wars Pepsi GIF

Changing the culture here Goal ;) 

New Management in town !..

darth vader GIF

Cool dude (I don't know what any of that is).

But yeah, mils is signed, Bo is the biggest speculation until he is signed.

Of course, I assume most of us believe he will be signed, but, until he is, he is not.

The old bugaboos come out.

We don't have to build a Cup contender before camp starts.

(Just before Puck Drop; Regular Season Start.)

Poolman could be back; that helps.

Dickenson might be good come camp.

A lot of players have a chance to show well and make the team and even get their rights traded etc.

Next up is the Young Stars in Penticton.

We should see some guys who might could be starting to get ready...

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Bo isn’t what needs to change in our teams culture. 

Guy that wants to win. Cares about his team mates. Does whatever needs to be done for the team.

If player culture was such a problem there would have been player moves. New management, same players. The issues where in the top end to coaching. That’s all done now. Not to mention the media is full of it 90% of the time 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Rackdawg said:

Theres a chance..he may command 7.5 mill a season x 8 yrs..you think hes gunna take a discount at 6.5 a yr and be the fifth highest paid canuck i dont.

He’ll be 36 when his contract is up. That’s a big difference than Boeser who’s on a three year deal in his prime.

Getting 6+ mil when you’re 34, 35, and 36 is what makes the deal worth it.

Edited by DeNiro

5 minutes ago, Rackdawg said:

Theres a chance..he may command 7.5 mill a season x 8 yrs..you think hes gunna take a discount at 6.5 a yr and be the fifth highest paid canuck i dont.

Miller did sign a little less than market value and he had more reason not to do so compared to Horvat who played his entire career here, who we drafted and made captain.