The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Nov. 29, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

29 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

The big thing I've noticed about EP's game this season, is that he's mostly thinking d first. How many games have you all seen where he's filling in for a defenseman, or the high man in the ozone. Is this the system, or is he or are they trying to get his complete game rounded out? So far, I've liked his linemates, VP, and Dowling have played well, but, one guy that I thought would make this team better is Dickinson, and so far, I haven't seen anything that resembles the Dallas Dickinson.

I mean you gotta think it's the coaching style.. a lot of players that were doing decent on other teams we sign them and they become a dud. 1 or 2? Ok we were unlucky, but almost all the ufa signing have become a dud in vancouver. Most of the players were doing decent on other team before they came to Vancouver. Schmidt doing well in Vegas and Winnipeg. Edler doing decent in LA. Tanev is even better than he was in vancouver. Poolman have been OK, not bad not good but compared to when he was in Winnipeg I think he regressed. He's good in the D zone but he's terrible at getting the puck up and out of the zone and always resort to passing it sideways to another player rather than forward and out of the zone. 

1 hour ago, grumpyone said:

it may be only MY opinion, but I feel that the Canucks, for the most part this season haven't played THAT bad.

Yes, some nights they have just mailed it in. but at least 6 games so far they have had THE WORST STRETCH OF BAD PUCK LUCK that  I have EVER seen by any team. We have the league lead in iron hit so far this season... 1/2 inch to one side and those are goals, plus we've lost so many one goal games that one post changed to a goal alters the end result hugely.

Do they need to change something up? most definitely.

Are they cursed as a franchise? Yup . have been since joining the league. 

Will they turn it around and make the playoffs? don't hate me... I think they will make it painfully close, but just miss out by less than 3 points. 

Not to be rude but a goalpost is not bad luck. What it means is you didn't put it where it needs to go to be awarded a goal. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

They do seem like they are working hard but also look like a very disorganized team.

They let a little runt like BM run over them. 

They nickname there stars petey and huggy bear. Just a bunch of real nice guys with a coach who's a real nice guy.

There's no curse here. If so then we might as well give up.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grumpyone said:

it may be only MY opinion, but I feel that the Canucks, for the most part this season haven't played THAT bad.

Yes, some nights they have just mailed it in. but at least 6 games so far they have had THE WORST STRETCH OF BAD PUCK LUCK that  I have EVER seen by any team. We have the league lead in iron hit so far this season... 1/2 inch to one side and those are goals, plus we've lost so many one goal games that one post changed to a goal alters the end result hugely.

Do they need to change something up? most definitely.

Are they cursed as a franchise? Yup . have been since joining the league. 

Will they turn it around and make the playoffs? don't hate me... I think they will make it painfully close, but just miss out by less than 3 points. 

They're far from a bad team on paper. Defense could be better, and address a need here and there. But with a proper coach to utilize them they are definitely a playoff team. 

30 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

I think the 2011 team was better than the 1994 team. 

The 2011 team lacked team toughness and mental toughness. Very talented but Boston found their weakness and capitalized on it. A decade later? ............. and Marchand still did it. Just sayin.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

They're far from a bad team on paper. Defense could be better, and address a need here and there. But with a proper coach to utilize them they are definitely a playoff team. 

Yeah I dunno, our back end is pretty thin. We have a top 2 D pairing then basically have a bottom 4. We don't have the depth to compete in the playoffs and especially If any injuries occur. 

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

The 2011 team lacked team toughness and mental toughness. Very talented but Boston found their weakness and capitalized on it. A decade later? ............. and Marchand still did it. Just sayin.

I dont think this is true at all, I think you're forgetting Kesler blew himself up prior to the final, Hammer was out as well. If we're healthy we take that Boston team in 5.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I dont think this is true at all, I think you're forgetting Kesler blew himself up prior to the final, Hammer was out as well. If we're healthy we take that Boston team in 5.

Edler also had a broken hand was it IIRC?

• Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I think all our top players were playing with significant injuries. Bad luck and some poor officiating eventually did us on. Canucks were basically playing on one leg and still managed to make a series out of it.

Edited by 250Integra
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

Pettersson had a better game, still has a ways to go. I've noticed he's taking way to long to get shots off, multiple times last night he had a great shot opportunity but held the puck way too long and it was blocked or he had to pass....this has been happening all season long. Takes him too long to set up his shot.

Boeser for whatever reason right now is missing alot of shots. He either misses the net or hits the goalie in the crest.

Poolman is hard to watch right now. he's a liability and they need to upgrade thr back end somehow.

Burroughs continues to be a pleasant surprise, he's been pretty consistent.

Hoglander should have about 5-6 more goals than he does, some of those will start going in for him he's had some grade A chances.

Podkolzin coming into his own. im excited about his future.

Demko deserves better lol.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

So tired of the excuses why we lost in 2011. We played shaky throughout those playoffs. So shaky that we almost lost to Chicago in the first round! Our Top players did not excel in the playoffs that is a proven statistic. Daniel, Hank and Lui needed to be superstars and they were not. 

We were so dominant in the regular season though that is a fact.

• Wat 1