The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A New Era has begun in Canuck Nation. What do you expect and hope for?

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

3 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Some troll started saying that a while ago and now everyone says it like it is fact. Prove it. Second if it is his team he can do whatever he wishes. 

When Apple and Playstation say that you buy their product but they still own it, do you agree with that or is the product yours to do as you wish?

how would you prove it?

3 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Says who. Two people can have two directions and one has to lead the ship. That is why I do not like this GM by committee that the Canucks are going to run with. There isn't going to be a singular direction. 

frank hires Linden... Linden hires Benning... Linden leaves because he disagrees  with his hireling

do you see the problem here?

Ultimately win or lose I'd like to see a team that shows up ready to play and put in a full effort every game.

Also, mix in a balance of skill mixed with hard nosed hockey in that they show emotion and stick up for one another.

My Canucks Christmas wish list. 

1. Starting tonight we go on a “MoneyBall” Oakland Athletics league record winning streak to get back into the playoff hunt by New Years. 

2.We hire Marc Bergevin as our new GM. This guy is a rockstar and he brings Tyler Toffoli with him as a stocking stuffer. 

3. Brock, Bo, Petey Get their head straight and start lighting it up. 

4.We bring in a leader to the back end of the ice who can get our Defence back front the dead to be playing at a respectable level. Hughes needs someone to play with that elevates his game back to where it belongs.  

Edited by Bertorama

New era really? is that the new slogan? You die-hards ready to get milked for some more? cus I am pretty sure Travis's contract still counts and someone's paying for it and it aint the aquaweenies.

This whole interm $&!# reeks of the stench of meddling. It was not that long ago that the aquaweenies said no immediate moves will be made, then it all changed when a jersey is thrown onto the ice. What's the matter aquaweenie? don't have the balls to stick to your guns?  Smyl isn't a seasoned GM! so what's he doing here? Another PR move like hiring TL and the sisters? BB is a good coach but if Smyl isn't the man why is BB here?! What happens to BB when a new rubber stamp/aquaweenie cock boy is hired? How many more good head coaches can they afford to burn? 

I aint buying, and until you all realized and stop going to games/buying merch, Vancouver will always be the leafs of the west for years to come.

Edited by nuck1031

3 minutes ago, Bertorama said:

My Canucks Christmas wish list. 

1. Starting tonight we go on a “MoneyBall” Oakland Athletics league record winning streak to get back into the playoff hunt by New Years. 

2.We hire Marc Bergevin as our new GM. This guy is a rockstar and he brings Tyler Toffoli with him as a stocking stuffer. 

3. Brock, Bo, Petey Get their head straight and start lighting it up. 

4.We bring in a leader to the back end of the ice who can get our Defence back front the dead to be playing at a respectable level. Hughes needs someone to play with that elevates his game back to where it belongs.  

The only thing Bergevin is better at then Benning is arm wrestling.   Good grief, the amount of errors he's made during his tenure is egregious compared to the few good moves he's made.   One lucky run .... where is he now?  Caput.   This wouldn't be a lateral move anyone who can't see that isn't looking closely.   He'd make a mess of what we have and might as well start looking forward to the next guy up in 5-6 years.  

• Cheers 1

What I expect: This is a very volatile situation. Lots of young talent.  No assets to help that talent.  Bad cap situation.  Unhappy players.  Things could go really good or really bad and fast.  So it's hard to predict things right now. 

So if I have to predict.  I expect the Canucks to go from terrible to average.  To keep their 1st round pick.  And for Aquaman to keep meddling and preventing actual hockey minds from building a winner. 

What I hope for: - a president of hockey operations

-a GM with a backbone that won't be a yes man to Aquaman

-for Boudreau to get Petey & BB going

-for this team to be fun again

Fie this season I don't think playoffs are likely ( would be nice ) I just want to see exciting hockey action once more.

I can handle them losing 5-4 in exciting games where they play hard for a full 60 minutes and where other teams no longer see the cancuks as fun to play against 

This season I want to see our lotto picks return to form and see good hockey to rebuild that winning culture and players just as excited to play here 

Then next season light it up and contend from game 1 for a playoff spot 

Canucks hockey up till today was painful for its fans and exciting for the opposition. Starting today that needs to awitch

A much improved PK for one. It shouldn't be too much to expect we can kill 3 for every 4 penalties. With that said, I think it's a bit much to expect the team to 180 cause of the coaching change alone. We should be more competitive and hopefully our offensive guys start to get hot here. Next year is where my expectations will be playoffs. This season I just want us to look competitive. Like last year's Detroit. They weren't great but they battled every game and it's paying dividends this season.

A New Era has begun in Canuck Nation. What do expect and hope for?

Let’s see.

The media will find the smallest of faults in the new arrivals’ characters and career paths, they will blow them right out of proportion, spew the venom only the Vancouver media can spew, and fans will remain flying monkeys, repeating ad vitam eternam, the misconceptions designed by the media so that the Canucks never take off.

Like the mother who never dealt with her post partum, and so she kills her children’s psyche with her misguided love.

Edited by Me_

Honestly, my expectations depend on who we hire as a new GM. The one thing often not talked about is whether or not we can expect anything better than what we had with Benning. There's nothing wrong with hoping we do, and I certainly do hope we do, but realistically, the sun has not come up yet.

Simply put, just because you fire your GM doesn't mean we are out of the woods.

• RU SERIOUS changed the title to A New Era has begun in Canuck Nation. What do you expect and hope for?
2 hours ago, lmm said:

frank hires Linden... Linden hires Benning... Linden leaves because he disagrees  with his hireling

do you see the problem here?

Riddle me this. 

What does a President do?

What does a GM do?

What does a coach do?

For example; I will use a movie. In Moneyball when the GM tells the coach to play a certain player at first, what does the coach say? Get lost. This causes the BM to then force his hand by trading the favored player away.

Linden would not be involved with trading any players as he would be meddling in the GM's business.

12 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Riddle me this. 

What does a President do?

What does a GM do?

What does a coach do?

For example; I will use a movie. In Moneyball when the GM tells the coach to play a certain player at first, what does the coach say? Get lost. This causes the BM to then force his hand by trading the favored player away.

Linden would not be involved with trading any players as he would be meddling in the GM's business.

That's a really bad example. In the movies, they typically create drama for the big screen which is typically not what happens in reality.

You might not like the idea of a committee when outside looking in, but perhaps they have a system in place already that works for the time being? These are already people who have been working together remember.

I guess I just don't see the point in expecting the worst before it even starts? The negative Nancys of the world are the people I tend to try and avoid having in my life. lol

Edited by The Lock