The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 10, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

And how much of that was directly caused by Green?  Bottom line is we don't know how any of the Abbotsford guys will do under an actual coach.

This is a really strong point which I didn't consider. We pretty much have to start from scratch when assessing depth because who knows what kind of player they are without Green sabotaging them.

If he can make Brock and Myers look like total plugs, imagine what he was doing to a less skilled guy like Bailey. If Bailey can actually start playing the body then he is an instant improvement over Chaisson right now 

53 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Pettersson, he still doesn't look right, or maybe he just isn't that good?  I don't know, seeing him fumbling the puck, trying to be too cute, and getting hammered along the boards. He'd fetch a pretty good Dman IMO. 

I remember when everyone wanted to trade Hughes last year too...

He missed a lot of hockey last season, preseason this year, and how long did it take Boeser after his wrist injury to get his shot back?

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I don't know if you had to watch the TSN Jets feed like I did but Kyle Connor was saying the key to their lines game was forcing turnovers because the ice was so bad. He said the puck was bobbling everywhere which I really noticed in the third period.

That's terrible. How can a Canadian market have that happen. Wth 

There is a risk of injury in that wow

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Bruce Boudreau is still undefeated with a perfect record under two different GM’s. If Jim can find a GM for us soon, he might go undefeated under three different management groups.

Now there is some stats many coaches dont’t have :lol:

1 hour ago, combover said:

Makes sense our guys kept falling for no reason bouncing pucks. 
whiffs from both teams. 
vans usually got really good ice 

Maybe to many fans and players fired up nowadays staff have to adjust the temp. 

Apparently the bad ice was mentioned in a TSN interview with Connors of the Jets. 

• Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I remember when everyone wanted to trade Hughes last year too...

He missed a lot of hockey last season, preseason this year, and how long did it take Boeser after his wrist injury to get his shot back?

not to mention there is zero incentive to trade a player when they are at their lowest overall value for a return, so that nice Dman someone might think the Canucks could get in return is a pipedream at this point.

Give it a little more time, the team is starting to have some success where the outside pressure can ease on him just a touch and help him figure out his game while not costing the team, oh and he won the game for Vancouver last night in the literal sense of being the only goal scorer in the shootout.

• Cheers 2

58 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I still think our most significant need overall is for a true top pairing RD, however, a big bodied LD that can kill penalties is something we should be actively looking for right now. 

JR gonna wheel and deal. This season is not lost. Two players that come to mind are Joel Edmundson and Scott Mayfield.  Montreal and the Islanders are horrific this year. They are looking at rebuilding, retooling. 

Hughes          Mayfield 

OEL                Myers 

Edmundson   Poolman 

Burroughs      Schenn

Now that is a defence that can take us far into the playoffs. Hoping JR can pull off those deals without mortgaging the future. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

JR gonna wheel and deal. This season is not lost. Two players that come to mind are Joel Edmundson and Scott Mayfield.  Montreal and the Islanders are horrific this year. They are looking at rebuilding, retooling. 

Hughes          Mayfield 

OEL                Myers 

Edmundson   Poolman 

Burroughs      Schenn

Now that is a defence that can take us far into the playoffs. Hoping JR can pull those desks off without mortgaging the future. 

Nice EP..have also been pushing the Edmundson ticket for a while now. That guy would be a sweeet add.

Unfortunately, bet there are 10-15 GM's who feel the same. Habs could profit heavily.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T-Bo said:

Difference is, I don’t think Demko will choke in the playoffs.  Not to knock Lu, he got us there, but Demko just does not get easily rattled.  He does not talk smack, give up dumb goals, and he does what he says he is going to do. The guy is cooler then an iceberg.

I agree, he feels like 06-07 Luongo. Demko does seem more composed though.

10 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Nice EP..have also been pushing the Edmundson ticket for a while now. That guy would be a sweeet add.

Unfortunately, bet there are 10-15 GM's who feel the same. Habs could profit heavily.

Habs are gonna be sellers this year.  Big time.  Edmundson can even play in the top 4 and is still only 28.  Mayfield just turned 29 and is on a cheap contract.  Love his game.  Mayfield and Edmundson immediately become our #1 PK pairing.  Both Montreal and the Islanders need some injection of youth.  We have our 2022 1st round pick, Rathbone, McDonough, Woo, DiPietro.  Those are our top prospects.  Don't want to touch Klimovich, so he's off the table.  Everyone else is available for the right price.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

@-SN- ... might be time to change the Loui emoji/emoticon/whatever the hell they're called.  That one on the left.

Yes.  I nominate a Bruce one.  Or a Garland one.   Miller-Time wouldn't be bad either.   Or even Giraffe one for Myers.   Already betting we are going to miss him in a couple years ... and pretty much earned it just for the Keith hit alone.