The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 16, 2021 Vancouver Canucks (13-15-2) @ San Jose Sharks (15-13-1) at 7:30 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

It will take time for teams to secure enough doses without jumping the queue.

I mean yea it might only be three weeks. But I’m gonna assume the worst. Things are trending very quickly towards another serious wave. Governments might not allow them to play even if they have 3 doses.

I do hope that you are wrong. And  do hope that this wave will be more like our usual winter flu.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

I do hope that you are wrong. And  do hope that this wave will be more like our usual winter flu.

Absolutely, me too.

Governments are already showing they’re not messing around this time though. Expect stricter measures whether this wave is stronger or not.

5 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Why are we fear mongering case counts?  Do we fear the flu or common cold?  It's so stupid we're at the lowest death rate of the entire pandemic but noooo, we gotta lockdown everything because of a cold?  I hate discussing this, but come on now we gotta move on.  Everyone who wants to be vaccinated is and they are very, very rarely being sent to hospital if they do get Covid.  Uping regulations from now on is just plain stupid and completely counterproductive.  No, we want to kill more people by depression and suicide due to financial ruin and losing jobs.

It’s not fear mongering at this point. Avoiding reality won’t make it go away.

Still early days and it looks like it may be less deadly but they’re definitely not taking chances this time. Can’t afford to go back to where we were a year and a half ago.

But enough Covid talk let’s just enjoy the game!

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Why are we fear mongering case counts?  Do we fear the flu or common cold?  It's so stupid we're at the lowest death rate of the entire pandemic but noooo, we gotta lockdown everything because of a cold?  I hate discussing this, but come on now we gotta move on.  Everyone who wants to be vaccinated is and they are very, very rarely being sent to hospital if they do get Covid.  Uping regulations from now on is just plain stupid and completely counterproductive.  No, we want to kill more people by depression and suicide due to financial ruin and losing jobs.

Take this post over to the Covid thread. 
They will educate you. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

A little bit vocal about the first time they went through covid.   Really wonder what that means.   Maybe - to me at least - they are getting a little sick and tired with this.   They are worried about getting tested.  And all that.   

No, they're getting worried about getting it again, and having to play a chunk of the season over a compressed period like the end of last year.  Some of them got really sick with Covid, long Covid might have ended Sutter's career, and nobody wants to see their career end.  The players made the call about cutting the pre-game skate before the Columbus game because of the positive tests.  I'm happy management is listening to the player's concerns, they've been through this, Bruce and JR have not.  If anything they should be wanting daily testing so they can move forward with confidence and nip Covid in the bud.  

• Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It will take time for teams to secure enough doses without jumping the queue.

I mean yea it might only be three weeks. But I’m gonna assume the worst. Things are trending very quickly towards another serious wave. Governments might not allow them to play even if they have 3 doses.

They did with zero in a bubble.  So yes they won't ask them to stop.  

5 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

The quick up and quick transition rush is how this team was built.

It's asinine to think dump and chase and cyclying in the ozone was the best option with guys like Petey, Hogs, Garland etc.

The only ones that could probably do it decently are Pearson and hten Horvat Miller and Brock to a lesser degree.

To form an entire team strategy this way was ridiculous.

I called it the dump and change. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

There’s absolutely no way NHL has 3 consecutive shortened seasons. They are riding or dying with 82 games.

There's absolutely no way the virus cares about what humans think.  It will be the virus that determines if the season will be completed or not, not so much humans.  Humans can play a role in what protective measures we take but we can't just decide that we're not going to have to make changes that we don't want to make.  For sure the NHL doesn't want to have 3 consecutive shortened seasons but the NHL doesn't get to decide how the virus spreads (beyond it's own safety protocols) and has to react to the real world situation rather than decide ahead of time what's going to happen.  Of course I want hockey to continue but wanting stuff to happen doesn't make the virus go away any sooner.  GCG!

3 minutes ago, nux_win said:

There's absolutely no way the virus cares about what humans think.  It will be the virus that determines if the season will be completed or not, not so much humans.  Humans can play a role in what protective measures we take but we can't just decide that we're not going to have to make changes that we don't want to make.  For sure the NHL doesn't want to have 3 consecutive shortened seasons but the NHL doesn't get to decide how the virus spreads (beyond it's own safety protocols) and has to react to the real world situation rather than decide ahead of time what's going to happen.  Of course I want hockey to continue but wanting stuff to happen doesn't make the virus go away any sooner.  GCG!

Copa America Centenario Referee GIF by Univision Deportes 

More hockey, less not-hockey. ;) 

Totally blaming @DeNiro here lol 

Argue Champions League GIF by UEFA