The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Dec. 29, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

15 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I don't think Miller will get huge money on the open market. Teams do not have cap space for that.

I would try to extend both JT and Bo for around the same money for three more years. 

Petey makes me real nervous. I think teams have figured him out.  I would move him and Boeser at this trade deadline. 

This is his retirement contract, he's currently top 10 in n scoring and you don't think he's going to cash in?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

This is his retirement contract, he's currently top 10 in n scoring and you don't think he's going to cash in?

Of course he will get paid, but he is already making a solid salary.  Going to a 6yr 8mil deal only adds 2.75 to the cap, most of which is covered by the rising cap.  Unless we go full retool, I don't see how we don't re sign JT Miller.  I think it's far more likely we would deal Horvat or Boeser first.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

So you're going to give up a player coming into his prime for a more expensive one on the downslope of his career?

Is Petey coming into his prime or has the league realized that being physical with him every chance they have shuts him down. There is lots of examples of young players that have good seasons but then fizzle away. He really concerns me. I hope it is just a delay sophomore slump.

I doubt JT or Bo will get huge contracts as UFA's. The league seems to be nervous of handing them out lately. 

40 minutes ago, JM_ said:

that eastern road trip mid-Jan (assuming thats still the schedule?) is kind of our make or break point now. Florida, Tampa, Carolina, WSH, Nashville. Yikes.

That trip is the moment of truth, for sure.  If we can do .500 then I'm calling playoffs.  Anything more and it would be tempting to buy at the deadline, but it would have to be on the cheap. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

did we really "steal 2 points?" we outshot them quite heavily and they barely cracked 20 shots including overtime....oh and by the way... the ducks are a pretty good team this year and their goalie is a star, the Canucks typically struggle even against mediocre goalies...

I think you're right. I'd say Gibson stole the Ducks a single point, he kept the game close.

• Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The main weakness was coaching, which has been solved by hiring an actual NHL coach.

since this is the gdt

I liked that the coach changed 1 line because Boeser was out

Plug Chiasson into Miller's line and leave the rest alone

• Cheers 3

Been reasong a few good posts here and have to say, they seem to be hammer meets nail...

when the team was losing, everything seemed to be too complexed, hard to figure out...and they seemed confused/lost at times...

Bruce made a brilliant move in telling them to shoot shoot shoot... 

If you are struggling with anything in life, best move is to go back to basics... and then take it from there. 
Same as with win one week at the time... a master stroke. Don't think about big pictures, when you are struggling. Everything seems impossible, but start with small targets.... beilliant. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, lmm said:

since this is the gdt

I liked that the coach changed 1 line because Boeser was out

Plug Chiasson into Miller's line and leave the rest alone

Yep, I noticed that as well, even on the pp.  Boudreau has said he doesn't like juggling lines if he doesn't have to and I appreciate seeing it in action.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

15 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Is Petey coming into his prime or has the league realized that being physical with him every chance they have shuts him down. There is lots of examples of young players that have good seasons but then fizzle away. He really concerns me. I hope it is just a delay sophomore slump.

I doubt JT or Bo will get huge contracts as UFA's. The league seems to be nervous of handing them out lately. 

Well Bo will get in the $6.5 range and I'm curious why you think JT isnt going to cash in?

20 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I'm not disagreeing about Petey, that's for sure

7 minutes ago, BPA said:

OEL contract will be up by then.  So that is another $7M to work with.

His contract might be bought out earlier to be honest, depending on his play. 

I'm more concerned about how we're going to be able to afford Bo, JT and Brock together. 

Edited by N4ZZY

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

His contract might be bought out earlier to be honest, depending on his play. 

I'm more concerned about how we're going to be able to afford Bo, JT and Brock together. 

Unless Brock signs for less than his qualifying offer, I can't see a place for him on this team.  Good player but other guys at that pay level do more than what Brock brings, so he's down on the pecking order.