The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 30, 2021 Vancouver Canucks (15-15-2) @ Los Angeles Kings (14-12-5) at 7:30 on SNP TV and SN650 Radio

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 hours ago, canuckleheads fan said:

You're missing nothing.  He's a terrific complimentary player, and makes every line he's on better by being a Swiss army knife 200-foot player.  He's decent on the boards, decent as a net-front presence, can snipe like he did last night, and although not the most creative, he's a good passer.  He's not great at any one thing, but he's a quality middle six at all of the above.  I think people would like him to be something he's not, a scrapper.  He was a great compliment to Bo, and played Bo's transition game very well.  Now he's a great compliment to Miller, as they bang the boards and cycle down low.  Pearson earns his money every night.

He's like Honey Badger 2.0

Kinda?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rdog said:

He's like Honey Badger 2.0

Kinda?

Pearson? 

He's definitely a different kind of player for sure. Honey Badger killed penalties, I saw him more as a swiss army knife kind of player. He excelled in the bottom six, but he could be counted on to play in the top six from time to time to fill a need. He killed PK, I forget if he played on the PP? 

Pearson - ehhh - I guess he's similar in some ways to Hansen. But I'd take Hansen over Pearson any day, every day. Loved the Honey Badger. Such a good player, and was a golden find for such a late pick (9th round was it??)

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I could listen to Bruce talk hockey all day. 

Yeah.

And to think this is just the stuff we get.

He gives the real stuff (is that something? the real stuff?) to the players (if you know what I mean).

I'm getting terpingly smaler now  right now... wow .. wow

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Depending if we make the playoffs, And if the miller / horvat combo are deadly.. I think i put my chips in that basket and go for the run with these guys in their prime. Both of them are soo durable, Great at faceoffs and play the right way. Use EP as a massive trade chip to fill our other needs. I'm not emotionally attached to every player we draft unlike what seems to be majority of our fanbase however, So im sure most wouldn't agree haha :P

I would disagree about trading Petey. But that's just me. 

Ugh. Such a dilemma for me. I'd love to find a way to be able to keep all of our young pieces, and not so young pieces, including JT. 

But, something has to give right? There's no way we can keep Miller, Horvat and Boeser. 

Man, I don't know what Benning was thinking in terms of giving Boeser a QO of 7.5M. 

1 minute ago, Goal:thecup said:

Yeah.

And to think this is just the stuff we get.

He gives the real stuff (is that something? the real stuff?) to the players (if you know what I mean).

I'm getting terpingly smaler now  right now... wow .. wow

Bruce definitely a breath of fresh air compared to Green. They're so different in their personalities as well. 

Green felt more guarded, closed for sure. Bruce more open, willing to share his thoughts. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

What's everyone eating/drinking for the game?

I'm going fancy pants....tomato soup and crackers.  Then I might crack open a Smirnoffs (that I bought when COVID started...do they go bad?  I can't see an expiry date on them).

Two more hours....woo!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I'm going fancy pants....tomato soup and crackers.  Then I might crack open a Smirnoffs (that I bought when COVID started...do they go bad?  I can't see an expiry date on them).

Two more hours....woo!

See above

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Two more hours....woo!

Tomato sauce and penne. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Two more hours....woo!

hey, i love tomato soup! also, hard seltzer is all the craze now with the kids (hello white claw!)

i decided to stay in. i'm on holidays so was putting together a list of best songs and albums of 2021 and just ordered food. luckily i have some craft beer in the fridge that i'll be drinking once the game starts

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Two more hours....woo!

Food? well there's a bit of everything at my house. We shopped like any other year for the holidays but really didn't have many people over to share it with.

I'll be eating Mrs GB5's Christmas baking until August.

9 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Two more hours....woo!

BOOM!

Pizza, probably just gingerale. Getting lit tomorrow. Going dry (maybe in Jan).