The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 30, 2021 Vancouver Canucks (15-15-2) @ Los Angeles Kings (14-12-5) at 7:30 on SNP TV and SN650 Radio

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

"Comfort food" in its purest form.  ::D

I'll have to get a bottle of that sipping juice for my son.  When I go to games, I park at his condo and walk to the rink...he and his wife usually serve me some alcohol.  So he gives me whiskey in a little shot glass and I....shoot it back.  He was like "MOM, that's sipping whiskey".  Well don't put it in a shot glass then.  I'm learning.  I'm not very alcohol savvy.

It takes years to learn the ins and outs of drinking.

CA072E29-761B-4151-B2D7-38C2D2551C61.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, canuckleheads fan said:

You're missing nothing.  He's a terrific complimentary player, and makes every line he's on better by being a Swiss army knife 200-foot player.  He's decent on the boards, decent as a net-front presence, can snipe like he did last night, and although not the most creative, he's a good passer.  He's not great at any one thing, but he's a quality middle six at all of the above.  I think people would like him to be something he's not, a scrapper.  He was a great compliment to Bo, and played Bo's transition game very well.  Now he's a great compliment to Miller, as they bang the boards and cycle down low.  Pearson earns his money every night.

Big Pearson fan here.

Wanted us to draft him (but we couldn't anyway), that's how far back he goes for me.

I don't know about drop'n 'em, but he stands guys up, and they don't usually want to go.

He's what I call 'all pro' (whatever the Marchand that means today, but we used to say it).

Good value contract too, as you said; basically trying to give you a thumbs up here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Dowling has been ok for the most part. Is Highmore that much more of an upgrade over Dowling? 

Dowling is an AHLer on most teams...  He's not bad but Highmore got more speed and grit! Pay closer attention, this boy tries real hard on every shift! 

3 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Dowling is an AHLer on most teams...  He's not bad but Highmore got more speed and grit! Pay closer attention, this boy tries real hard on every shift! 

I find them quite interchangeable. I actually like Dowling more than I thought. 

...Although I'm looking forward to seeing what Bruce can do with Highmore. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Big Pearson fan here.

Wanted us to draft him (but we couldn't anyway), that's how far back he goes for me.

I don't know about drop'n 'em, but he stands guys up, and they don't usually want to go.

He's what I call 'all pro' (whatever the Marchand that means today, but we used to say it).

Good value contract too, as you said; basically trying to give you a thumbs up here.

When Miller first came to the Canucks we had 2 preseason games where Miller Horvat Pearson played on a line, they were a heavy forecheck and physically able control play on the boards. Sadly Green moved Miller to the lotto line and the trio never played together again. 

16 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Hoping I can get home from the hospital in time to watch this, nothing major just my douche cat bit me and need a stitch or two :lol:

Cat bites are no joke. Was bit by one a couple years ago, my hand became so swollen and large and the pain was so unbearable, I contemplated amputating it.  One of the worst infections I had.

Hate cats. 

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 1