Canucks Community

[Waivers] Riley Nash

3 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

6'2" 32 yr old RH 4th line centre

> 50% 'FO win %

no pts but only -2 in 25 games

makes league minimum

seems worth a claim

Fourth line RH center man? Isn’t that something the team needs and doesn’t have enough of? I say it’s worth a claim. He’s making league minimum like you’ve mentioned and said, so it’s not a big deal if he doesn’t work out. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

> 50% FO win %

makes league minimum

seems worth a claim

0 points in 25 games is pretty anemic. I'd pass.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

0 points in 25 games is pretty anemic. I'd pass.

Lammikko's 3 points is hardly any better. But sad to say, Lammikko is slightly better. Nash is 32 and being waived by Tampa. That's not really a great sign. Considering he's being paid league min which should be gold for a contending team. That would lead me to believe he's not good enough anymore. I also pass.

25 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

> 50% FO win %

makes league minimum

seems worth a claim

He he isn't. He doesn't fit with JR's goal of getting younger, he can't put the puck in the ocean with a dump truck, he's played for six teams in six years, and claiming him would mean someone on the current roster would have to be waived. How anyone can say that he'd be an upgrade isn't paying attention. Besides, real improvement isn't going to come with tinkering with the 10th, 11th and 12th skaters in your lineup. Fourth liners are a commodity in the NHL and are widely available for not much money. Ask yourself this: If the Canucks were looking for that one player to put them over the top and have success in the playoffs, do you think Riley Nash is that guy? If not, hard pass, because he doesn't add anything.

• Cheers 2

47 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

He he isn't. He doesn't fit with JR's goal of getting younger, he can't put the puck in the ocean with a dump truck, he's played for six teams in six years, and claiming him would mean someone on the current roster would have to be waived. How anyone can say that he'd be an upgrade isn't paying attention. Besides, real improvement isn't going to come with tinkering with the 10th, 11th and 12th skaters in your lineup. Fourth liners are a commodity in the NHL and are widely available for not much money. Ask yourself this: If the Canucks were looking for that one player to put them over the top and have success in the playoffs, do you think Riley Nash is that guy? If not, hard pass, because he doesn't add anything.

our pk is still last in the league < 70% with no RH centers on the roster (and i doubt Sutter will be back this year).

Chaisson is 31 so pretty moot point if he'd be the one getting waived for the taxi squad

Edited by Jayinblack
  • Wat 1

50 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

In no way would this be that type of move.  More of tinkering to help balance the roster and help with just getting into the playoffs.

Claim him to give Bo and Miller a buffer on the PK. 

Who knows he fills a gap we sorely need for a Right handed centermen, plays well enough, maybe you can pawn him off for something of value later. Anemic offensively, but his underlying defensive stats show he doesn't give up much if at all defensively.

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Lammikko's 3 points is hardly any better. But sad to say, Lammikko is slightly better. Nash is 32 and being waived by Tampa. That's not really a great sign. Considering he's being paid league min which should be gold for a contending team. That would lead me to believe he's not good enough anymore. I also pass.

Being waived by the defending champs and one of the deepest teams in the league is nothing to be ashamed of.  Heck, any of our top line guys would likely be 2nd line players or even 3rd line players on Tampa. 

11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Being waived by the defending champs and one of the deepest teams in the league is nothing to be ashamed of.  Heck, any of our top line guys would likely be 2nd line players or even 3rd line players on Tampa. 

Our best forward was on their third line.

• Like 1