The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Couple things. He shouldn't be picky where to play. Cup contender lol.

Secondly, there may be interest I wouldn’t be surprised he is a great hockey player. However if I was his agent I would be saying there is lots of interest as well

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Pat had a long fuse.

The team was made up of men; not so much like today, they're so young, they're like big kids.

Be there for the team on the ice and you could probably get away with darn near anything off it.

It wasn't like now, when every freak'n thing anybody does is on camera or twit-universe.

He would have been there to help Evander pick himself up; not beat him up and kick him out of town.

Quinn and Burkie both

ever stop to think what kind of career Zack Kassian could have had here if he played for either of those guys?

And that is why I say "In the right situation..." re Kane

you can look at this team since Aqua took over,

Torres

CoHo

Kassian

even Rypien

this team does not know how to handle adversity

Maybe JR can change that, but he hasn't had time to yet

15 minutes ago, lmm said:

Quinn and Burkie both

ever stop to think what kind of career Zack Kassian could have had here if he played for either of those guys?

And that is why I say "In the right situation..." re Kane

you can look at this team since Aqua took over,

Torres

CoHo

Kassian

even Rypien

this team does not know how to handle adversity

Maybe JR can change that, but he hasn't had time to yet

Burke picked and chose his players as a ****ing agent.  He'd be driving Kane to the airport so fast the cops wouldn't catch him to give him a ticket.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Article makes a good point… anything short of a run in the post season this year and Dubas is like history. Desperate times and all that kind of stuff. 

What could possibly go wrong with introducing a guy like that onto a team with poor leadership and a culture of breaking a sweat being optional?  Who's going to keep him in line, Pyjama Boy?

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Phil "lefty" Mickleson- a hugely talented golfer that didn't quite live up to the hype.

Dude still had/has a damn good career going though.

I'd say he completely lived up to it. Were it not for Tiger, Phil would have so many more wins and majors, and yet he still has over 40 wins and a handful of majors. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

This whole Kane stuff is weird. Apparently many teams were in on him at 50% and nothing happened. Honestly a team is going to get him for cheap and I think the Canucks would be smart to do it. Shifty guy but great player.... I mean seriously look at the top 9 with him...

Podkolzin Miller Boeser

Kane pettersson Garland

Pearson Horvat hoglander

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

This whole Kane stuff is weird. Apparently many teams were in on him at 50% and nothing happened. Honestly a team is going to get him for cheap and I think the Canucks would be smart to do it. Shifty guy but great player.... I mean seriously look at the top 9 with him...

Podkolzin Miller Boeser

Kane pettersson Garland

Pearson Horvat hoglander

Sign Kane for remainder of this year at league minimum and next year at 2 million?  So about a 1.3 per over two years?  And absolutely he is glued to Petey’s wing.  He could be Petey’s Cementhead.

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

@King Heffy @lmm@The Lock

I prefer to think in what is available in reality.

The fact this player has noted interest in playing in Vancouver checks that square.

anything else on these boards , is fantasy .

A player like this would benefit this team.

even short term , for the remainder of this season.. not hurt it.

think of it as a PTO.  It’s low risk.

it’s a real opportunity.

but most of you don’t get that,  you seem to be caught up in some kind of self induced hate spurred on by gutless accelerated rumours.

I hope JR sees this opportunity for what it is.

a good one. 

You keep telling yourself this. Yet, and this is being perfectly honest here, I think you're right now one of the most delusional people with Kane. I just don't think he'll be a good fit here at all and anyone who says he's no risk at all (or even low risk) is far from being realistic.

We're obviously going to have to agree to disagree here, but I will say if you think you're being realistic. You're not. You're arguing with your heart, not your brain.

On a side note, there is word he might get signed somewhere. I hope it's not here. If it is, I might be one of the ones this time around against the GM of our team. We'll have to see.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, The Lock said:

You keep telling yourself this. Yet, and this is being perfectly honest here, I think you're right now one of the most delusional people with Kane. I just don't think he'll be a good fit here at all and anyone who says he's no risk at all is far from being realistic.

We're obviously going to have to agree to disagree here, but I will say if you think you're being realistic. You're not.

Can Evander change?

image.jpeg.c64abf7b9841ced7d4d2835fc0bf1185.jpeg

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, sassbs said:

On a league min contract, why not try him out for the rest of the year? 

if he really is a head case then just dump in the ahl.    

Because there's zero evidence that he will behave himself.  Even in the AHL, you don't want that piece of trash anywhere near the young players.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1