The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Oilers sign Evander Kane

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

FYI to all you E.K Haters out there! Yes I know haters always gonna hate lmfao! Hahaha! What a waste being bitter all the time lol! Anyways heres some stats! In 26 games so far! He’s a plus 13 with 15 goals and 8 assists at 23 points! Not bad for 1.75 million! Who’s a physical, grit, intelligent, dominant player which makes any team better! That’s something any team needs imo! Told you guys that he was going to be a steal at that price! We def could have used him down the seasons on stretch to making playoffs! But you haters put a stop to that! I’m so glad he’s doing much better! Glad he’s playing awesome hockey in Edmonton! Wish we just pulled the trigger on EK! But haters gonna hate! Can’t stand all the haters on here that don’t know Jack $&!# what they are talking about when it comes to hockey! Key board warriors!

You think fans ("haters") had anything to do with not signing Kane here...?

I think you can thank competent management for that.

• Cheers 1

FYI to all you E.K Haters out there! Yes I know haters always gonna hate lmfao! Hahaha! What a waste being bitter all the time lol! Anyways heres some stats! In 26 games so far! He’s a plus 13 with 15 goals and 8 assists at 23 points! Not bad for 1.75 million! Who’s a physical, grit, intelligent, dominant player which makes any team better! That’s something any team needs imo! Told you guys that he was going to be a steal at that price! We def could have used him down the seasons on stretch to making playoffs! But you haters put a stop to that! I’m so glad he’s doing much better! Glad he’s playing awesome hockey in Edmonton! Wish we just pulled the trigger on EK! But haters gonna hate! Can’t stand all the haters on here that don’t know Jack $&!# what they are talking about when it comes to hockey! Key board warriors!

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You think fans ("haters") had anything to do with not signing Kane here...?

I think you can thank competent management for that.

Not just that fans have nothing to do with transactions, but what makes anyone believe Evander wanted to come to Vancouver?  He was told he could play either next to McDavid, or next to Draisatl.  I'm pretty sure that had a little bit of influence on his decision.

• Cheers 1

That's a stretch.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, HKSR said:

Not just that fans have nothing to do with transactions, but what makes anyone believe Evander wanted to come to Vancouver?  He was told he could play either next to McDavid, or next to Draisatl.  I'm pretty sure that had a little bit of influence on his decision.

Canucks GM did reached out to EK on multiple occasions in the past. Just never pulled the trigger on him. I think Fan base do have some sort of impact during trade inquiries or transactions. Not saying theres a lot of influence on decisions in acquiring players. But fans def have a voice. We approached EK before Edmonton reached out. The organization was just scared because he was a liability. And fans here made that out load forward and spoken! That’s 100% guarantee! Most hated Kane on the feeds lolol Hence the word HATERS lmao! 

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

so just coz he's a fit here = we should have gotten him no matter what? marchand would be a fit here too in vancouver but let's just ignore the fact he's a douchebag. Locker room is all about characters.. with how fragile and how leaderless our lock room looks at time? there's no way in hell they can handle Kane and all the baggage that comes with it.. if u have a veteran leadership group maybe.. on the oilers at least they have Keith and the best player in the league in mcdavid atm.. what do we have? Miller? the guy that explodes when things don't go his way? love to see how our locker room implode with miller and kane going at it.

8 hours ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Canucks GM did reached out to EK on multiple occasions in the past. Just never pulled the trigger on him. I think Fan base do have some sort of impact during trade inquiries or transactions. Not saying theres a lot of influence on decisions in acquiring players. But fans def have a voice. We approached EK before Edmonton reached out. The organization was just scared because he was a liability. And fans here made that out load forward and spoken! That’s 100% guarantee! Most hated Kane on the feeds lolol Hence the word HATERS lmao! 

I don't think it matters if a team reaches out first when a player is entitled to talk to all 32 teams.  That's like saying Arizona spoke to him first, who cares? End of the day, it's the player's decision.

Fans have no voice when it comes to negotiating a contract.  If we did, Miller would be signed by now.

55 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I don't think it matters if a team reaches out first when a player is entitled to talk to all 32 teams.  That's like saying Arizona spoke to him first, who cares? End of the day, it's the player's decision.

Fans have no voice when it comes to negotiating a contract.  If we did, Miller would be signed by now.

like fans def legit control management decisions, bro

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Or traded. B) Damn, if CDC can't come to a consensus he's going to UFA for nothing. :frantic:

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2022 at 9:33 PM, canuck73_3 said:

If he was having issues with a second team in a year it is laughable to think he’s moveable at the deadline. Your brushing off his many refld flags as non issues is completely disingenuous and not based on reality. Wadr. 

REFLD FLAGS

The art of riting riht.

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2022 at 8:06 AM, HKSR said:

His agent was quoted as saying he would be talking to Canuck management.

I beleive Kane was being selective at that time.

The particulars of that, I have no idea , because he was an UFA, after contract termination.

13 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

so just coz he's a fit here = we should have gotten him no matter what? marchand would be a fit here too in vancouver but let's just ignore the fact he's a douchebag. Locker room is all about characters.. with how fragile and how leaderless our lock room looks at time? there's no way in hell they can handle Kane and all the baggage that comes with it.. if u have a veteran leadership group maybe.. on the oilers at least they have Keith and the best player in the league in mcdavid atm.. what do we have? Miller? the guy that explodes when things don't go his way? love to see how our locker room implode with miller and kane going at it.

..  it looked a lot worse in Edmonton before he got there..

I forget , is Kane the douche that got the Oilers Coach fired to now??

Ive never seen a locker room implode,.  And I don’t know if one ever has. Truly

its a Fan myth..   Otherwise Boston would be on Fire.

Hertyl was the one in SJ , who went to management saying Kane was a distraction to the team because of (unverified) accusations and a divorce case (Kane was trying to handle privately).

the fact is Kane has out performed and put up better figures than Hertyl,.   Hertyl was jealous and wanted him gone because he saw EK as a threat to the contract extension he himself wanted..

Hertyl got Kane terminated , and signed his 8x 8.175m extension Recently on March 16/22

There is more to many stories around E Kane, it’s unfortunate.

He is a great player, and had he walked a more groomed path, I think he could have been a Hall of Famer.

The problem most fans have, is they want athletes to live and abide by a different set of above average rules regarding their private lives.

But life, effects us all in so many different ways.

Its unfortunate that This player is under the microscope so much for that,.  When historically in this professional sport, and others ..  That athletes who have genuinely convicted of crimes, have continued to play in the sport of their profession and succeeded.

Kane has been convicted of none..  and has stood to defend accusations against himself.. and my guess, will continue to put .5 - 1.2 ppg for another 3 years.

I wish him well.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

The OIlers have a locker room cancer wearing the C and Keith also has serious character issues.  Have you not seen McDiver throw tantrums every time the refs don't fall for his flopping?  It's worked out so far because he's on a team full of scumbags, but historically he wears out his welcome fast.  The issue was never his on-ice ability.

Boudreau has finally undone the damage most of the damage caused by Green being a cancer in the room; adding another one would have been insane.

17 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lmao we can’t afford Marchand my gawd... EK would of been a hell of a lot cheaper then Marchand. Don’t judge man it’s not a good image lolol JT and Horvat are some good leaders. I’m sure Kane off ice issues could be handled by these types of players! Look how much EK attitude changed while in Etown! I’m sure JT and Miller would be perfectly fine together. Your assumption mean nothing. Lol no offence. It doesn’t even matter now does it. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, HKSR said:

Lmao off course fans don’t... lolol that’s what management is for haha 

• 3 weeks later...