The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks getting calls on Conor Garland

43 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I have a feeling this type of trade will happen:

to BOS - Garland

to VAN - Lysell and a 1st

The Bruins are tight to the cap, so I think they would want to send DeBrusk instead of the 1st.  DeBrusk is a RFA at the end of the season, so he would still belong to the Canucks.  He's been a disappointment to the Bears, but is

still considered a serviceable 2-way W (3rd line).  Canucks could keep him, trade him or move him at the draft.

Boston gets Garland + 3rd

Van gets Lysell + Debrusk

11 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

The Bruins are tight to the cap, so I think they would want to send DeBrusk instead of the 1st.  DeBrusk is a RFA at the end of the season, so he would still belong to the Canucks.  He's been a disappointment to the Bears, but is

still considered a serviceable 2-way W (3rd line).  Canucks could keep him, trade him or move him at the draft.

Boston would definitely need to add. Debrusk comes with baggage and has been regressing, Lysell is unproven, and Garland is an established point-producing forward who games hard and is signed to a friendly deal for many more years. Plus adding a 3rd? More like Lysell, Debrusk, and a 2nd for Garland. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

In my opinion, DeBrusk has no value or maybe even a negative value. He's asked for a trade and hasn't been playing well for awhile. He's a cap dump on a Garland trade, not an asset. It should cost them more if they want us to take him. I'm ok with taking a shot on him, but I would be hoping we get payed accordingly if we do.

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

We have no need or want of Debrusk.  
and why are we adding a pick?
Garland is the most valuable piece by far.  

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Debrusk needs to be qualified at almost the same cap hit as Garland, if Debrusk is in the trade they would need to add a draft pick as most likely we wouldn't qualify him.

More like Garland for Lysell + Debrusk and a conditional 1st/2nd. 

• Cheers 1

Debrusk would need to be part of the deal in order to get connor galand. Garland is also not going to net you Lysell.

likely if we deal with Boston it is a package like this: Debrusk+ Studnicka+ conditional 1st  (based on playoff performance.

lets say Miller+ Schenn go to NYR for Sammy Blais +Nils Lundqvist+ Vitali Kratsov+ 1st round pick (2022) 

Motte likely gets us a 2nd round pick at most 

in the off season Boeser to Min for Calen Addisson+ Ryan O'Rourke+ 2023 1st

53 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Boston would definitely need to add. Debrusk comes with baggage and has been regressing, Lysell is unproven, and Garland is an established point-producing forward who games hard and is signed to a friendly deal for many more years. Plus adding a 3rd? More like Lysell, Debrusk, and a 2nd for Garland. 

38 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

In my opinion, DeBrusk has no value or maybe even a negative value. He's asked for a trade and hasn't been playing well for awhile. He's a cap dump on a Garland trade, not an asset. It should cost them more if they want us to take him. I'm ok with taking a shot on him, but I would be hoping we get payed accordingly if we do.

20 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

We have no need or want of Debrusk.  
and why are we adding a pick?
Garland is the most valuable piece by far.  

22 minutes ago, BPA said:

Debrusk is BOS version of JV (without the scandal).  A player that just can’t get it all together.

11 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Debrusk needs to be qualified at almost the same cap hit as Garland, if Debrusk is in the trade they would need to add a draft pick as most likely we wouldn't qualify him.

More like Garland for Lysell + Debrusk and a conditional 1st/2nd. 

Alright already!  I get it...you guys don't like Debrusk.:lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Debrusk would need to be part of the deal in order to get connor galand. Garland is also not going to net you Lysell.

likely if we deal with Boston it is a package like this: Debrusk+ Studnicka+ conditional 1st  (based on playoff performance.

lets say Miller+ Schenn go to NYR for Sammy Blais +Nils Lundqvist+ Vitali Kratsov+ 1st round pick (2022) 

Why? Lysell is extremely unproven so far. His stats aren't that great, are they? I don't see it, but maybe I'm missing something? Garland is a proven NHLer.

12 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Meme Wtf GIF

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Bring back the Player Name WAT emoji!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, AC Readership said:

Assuming Miller gets traded to NYR for Schneider, Barron/Othmann, and a 1st. Don't think they can get Kakko, Kravtsov, or Chytil in that package.

Don't know if Garland for Carlo would work straight up.

They're going to want to send cap back. IMO, that's Chytil.

Miller $1m retained + Motte for Chytil, Schneider, Barron/Othmann and depending on Barron/Othmann, a 1st or 2nd.

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

to BOS - Garland

How about Carlo, Lysell and a 1st for a cost controlled under 5M dollar for the next four years, Garland. 

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

They're going to want to send cap back. IMO, that's Chytil.

Miller $1m retained + Motte for Chytil, Schneider, Barron/Othmann and depending on Barron/Othmann, a 1st or 2nd.

giving up too much in that deal for the return. should get that back without including motte or retaining on miller. otherwise, screw them. 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

How about Carlo, Lysell and a 1st for a cost controlled under 5M dollar for the next four years, Garland. 

Man, if JR/Allvin pull off a deal like that for Garland, we're well on our way to a Cup.

That would mean Miller could be flipped to NYR for Chytil, Lundqvist, and a 1st too... that'd be insane.

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

to BOS - Garland

In all reality this is likely quite close to what they would do.  For me if DeBrusk is involved as well, it would be Pearson going the other way.  Pearson is the here and now that Boston needs and DeBrusk could be the younger version that fits our timeline if he works out.  If not, just let him go.