7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hughes:  0.86 pts a game (+8)

Liljegren:  0.36 (+7)

Hunt:  0.34 (-2)

Hamonic:  0.33 (+3)

Ekman-Larsson:  0.30 (0)

Schenn:  0.25 (+9)

Myers:  0.23 (+13)

Forget for a second he's a Leaf. Liljegren isn't that bad.

you can't forget he's a leaf because he only has those numbers because of the role he's playing on the team he's on. 

and even then, he's only as good as brad hunt. 

51 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I do feel that Boeser’s motor is revving less than Garland’s.

(to borrow from @Canucks Curse )

PIT

Boeser

VAN

Marino

Rodriguez (UFA)

1st ‘22

Is that a fair deal?

NYR

Boeser

VAN

Schneider

Kravtsov

1st ‘22

———————————

PHX

Boeser

VAN

Chychrun

2nd

Like all three but prefer the Rags one, especially if we could change Chytil in for Krapsov.

49 minutes ago, Devron said:

Boeser or Garland. I wonder who goes. It’s gotta be Brock. Garland helps our team more. Then again which one give us the best return. 

a 1st round pick would be nice for Garland. It certainly helps on room to improve our defence, maybe via UFA this offseason. 

Not really thrilled with any of TO's prospects other than Sandin but I don't think he'd be on the table. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

So we are going to trade Garland for a guy who is equivalent to frggin' Hunt?  LMOAOAROTFV  (laugh my old ass off and roll on the floor vomiting.):towel:

16 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

He's getting garbage assists on the 3rd highest scoring team in the league,  not sure I'd use that specific stat as a case for his value,  but your point is noted, he's probably not as bad as people think, but I'm still not interested in acquiring him.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Garland is signed for too long on a good contract to move in a fair deal. They should be blown away by a deal if they’re moving him. He’s kind of gotten the short end of the stick not getting good PP time or trying to role 3 lines which meant a good portion of his year he spent with Pearson and Jason “no offence” Dickinson. With better line mates and number 1 PP instead of say Boeser I’m thinking Garland could easily have another 10 points to his name. I think if you sell him now to how you’ve deployed him you’re selling him low! He can do more then everybody is giving him credit for. Keep Garland and play him consistently in the top 6.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

The 1rst round pick has potential to be a top 6 player. Kapanen is not a top 6 player. I’d honestly rather have the pick and cap space then Kapanen.

I think you need to look at what most late 1sts are... I'd rather have Kapanen and hope he rebounds to something like his previous 60 point self.

4 hours ago, Devron said:

Boeser or Garland. I wonder who goes. It’s gotta be Brock. Garland helps our team more. Then again which one give us the best return. 

Boeser is best return, Garland helps the team more.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Me_ said:

Boeser is best return, Garland helps the team more.

Teams would need to be granted permission to talk to Boeser and see if they can agree on a reasonable extension rather than qualify him at 7.5M.  Garland has cost certainty. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Maybe both.

Garland is signed on too good of a contract to let go of.

Put Garland on any line and he plays well. Bo. Petey. Miller. He setup Miller like 4 times tonight and Pearson who should’ve had that one. Garland is noticeable almost every game. That speed helps.

Love Brock but I can’t say the same for him. We haven’t seen Brock’s wicked shot in ages. Hate to say it but if we can get a good dmen or 1st for Brock. Take it. I wonder if Arizona would be interested in a deal regarding Chychrun.

Just now, J-23 said:

Put Garland on any line and he plays well. Bo. Petey. Miller. He setup Miller like 4 times tonight and Pearson who should’ve had that one. Garland is noticeable almost every game. That speed helps.

Love Brock but I can’t say the same for him. We haven’t seen Brock’s wicked shot in ages. Hate to say it but if we can get a good dmen or 1st for Brock. Take it. I wonder if Arizona would be interested in a deal regarding Chychrun.

Thing is with ELCs coming off and high profile guys needing raises I can't see them both here in the long-term. Only so much to go around.

They're also the other two forwards(besides Miller/Horvat/Petey) that would clear cap and bring back a return that could solve other issues.

They also have teams interested in them. If you move both though you'd need a top 9 RW coming back who's cheap and in a similar age group(Kapanen?).

Chychrun cost is high(apparently too high for teams) and it's high picks/top prospects they want.

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Thing is with ELCs coming off and high profile guys needing raises I can't see them both here in the long-term. Only so much to go around.

Time to move out guys like Pearson, Motte, Dickinson. Not Garland.

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Garland has 14pts in 31 games since Boudreau took over.   That's 9pts less than Pearson (32 games).  Even Lammikko and Motte have 12pts over that stretch but they have a few more games than Garland.   They might not feel like it's an efficient allocation of cap space.

If Arizona is trading Chychrun it's because they don't believe they will be competitive any time soon.  They are in a full tear down rebuild.  So why would they want to add Boeser who is older and has a 7.5M qualifying offer when he won't even fit their competitive window + why would he even want to sign there?   

Trading Boeser would be selling low.  As well, his contract situation doesn't fit in to alot of teams future plans.  Better to keep him around and see if he can bounce back next year.

Garland is on a good long term contract and can play in your top 6.  He would be the guy I would move now to get a RHD.  Marino I think makes the most sense.  Don't think the Rangers would trade Schneider for Garland.  Barron from Colorado is another option, however I don't think Colorado needs Garland and he won't fit into their cap for next year.

10 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Time to move out guys like Pearson, Motte, Dickinson. Not Garland.

They won't warrant returns to solve anything but slight cap increase and we need more than that in terms of a return to solve issues and cap. We need to move some of those guys and Garland/Boeser long-term.

The big thing you're missing out of them is the return you'd get, on top of more cap space you clear, that would really set us on the right path if we are keeping Miller.

Dick will cost assets to move which we can't afford to do.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

12 minutes ago, mll said:

Garland has 14pts in 31 games since Boudreau took over.   That's 9pts less than Pearson (32 games).  Even Lammikko and Motte have 12pts over that stretch but they have a few more games than Garland.   They might not feel like it's an efficient allocation of cap space.

If Arizona is trading Chychrun it's because they don't believe they will be competitive any time soon.  They are in a full tear down rebuild.  So why would they want to add Boeser who is older and has a 7.5M qualifying offer when he won't even fit their competitive window + why would he even want to sign there?   

Pearson has been playing with Miller since BB has taken over. Don’t get me wrong he’s been playing well, but if we are being real a lot of those points are cause of Miller. If we want to sell high on anyone it should be Pearson imo. No problem keeping him though.

BB is getting paid. We won’t be paying him that if he wants to stay here. Money talks at the end of the day.

20 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They're also the other two forwards(besides Miller/Horvat/Petey) that would clear cap and bring back a return that could solve other issues.

They also have teams interested in them. If you move both though you'd need a top 9 RW coming back who's cheap and in a similar age group(Kapanen?).

Chychrun cost is high(apparently too high for teams) and it's high picks/top prospects they want.

Ya not even Chychrun I guess, but any good young dmen would be nice. I’d be open to moving guys like Rathbone, Dipietro as a package who I don’t see having a future here.

If we moving Boeser for Kapanen we have to get a lot more back. BB worst season is better than Kapanen’s best. I’d be open to it, JR is apparently high on him as well.

Edited by J-23

22 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Don’t think Garland is getting moved. If we moving Garland I’d look at NJ though. Lots of good pieces there and they have high interest in  Garland. Apparently since his Arizona days. Maybe Brock too.

Do we move someone like Garland in the off-season for picks/prospects and sign a top 6 player. I’m still for the unpopular opinion of going after Domi, but that might just put us in a loop regarding cap space.