The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Moritz Seider (Discussion Proposal)

OK Fans and Foe..........This is a 3 part question.

#1. If JR thought that Seider was going to be a #1 dominant defenseman, would you be ok with going after Seider ?

#2. This will take a massive overpayment, IMHO

#3. Would you be willing to trade Pettersson, Boeser and a 2023 Unprotected 1st for Seider? (Because if JR is of the opinion that yes he will be, than it will take an massive over payment)

OK, so let's say, that JR does this, and we have Seider who will still be on a ELC for 2 more years after this one. Thinking Hedman/Ekblad type player and contract............This does open up Cap to retain Horvat and Miller, and allows us short term Cap space to buy some decent UFA's, and will allow us to draft our 2022 1st for a pretty good player, this coming year.

So are you on board or are you stringing me up? Remember, only if JR's opinion of Seider is he will be Hedman/Ekblad calibre.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Yzerman was daft at the draft when he took Seider at the spot he did. We would have to pry him away from Stevie's cold dead hands. 

Only player I see them even starting that conversation of potentially trading Seider would be Demko and he is our 'untouchable'

Your #3 option is also a huge overpayment and would not be worth it in the long run. We have a number one d-man in Hughes (not Hedman calibre). I would rather go after a number 2 d-man who could compliment Hughes game and that wouldn't cost us the moon, like Severson from NJ or Pesce from CAR.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why n holy hell do we want “SLO-Mo?  

Just say no to these super slow guys.  

Why do you think Seider is slow, Alf...................? :wacko: LOL

I am also deferring to JR thinking he is worth it.........don't you trust JR?

Edited by J.I.A.H.N
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Yall said I was crazy in 2019 when I wanted to use 10 oa on him. Then Yezzy swooped in and made that a moot point. Kick in the nutz. 

Sure ya I'd do it. Pete can't carry a line as a C and skilled wingers come and go. Brocks value isn't what people think it is I doubt a GM pays a first alone for him knowing he isn't worth his QO. Sieder is the real deal next Headman of the league so ya I doubt Det would do it for 2 skilled wingers and a pick 15-20. 

Edvinsson Sieder are going to be a tower of power far more formidable than Brock Pete in anyone's wildest dreams. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Yeah, why does Stevie Y entertain this?  RHD are like found money, and he's 6'4" and mobile to boot.  The kicker is that he has more points than either Petey or Boeser as a rookie, and both our guys are slumping and on big contracts (he's on year 1 of his rookie deal).

Agreed that, possibly besides Demko, or Petey+ with some retention (if Stevie likes his #1 C upside still), there's no way that Seider gets traded.  None of our other assets are close enough to make it happen (and Petey would need to get on a scoring tear to raise the interest). 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

@Alflives

Seider is calm too. He's got that same "it" factor that Quinn Hughes and Petey have. They are elite skilled and super confident players, who want to control the game, because they believe they can be difference makers. I would not at all be disappointed with us drafting Seider.

B60186C3-5157-4BD1-A921-909680098217.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

@Alflives

Seider is calm too. He's got that same "it" factor that Quinn Hughes and Petey have. They are elite skilled and super confident players, who want to control the game, because they believe they can be difference makers. I would not at all be disappointed with us drafting Seider.

You really said “this you?” without saying “this you?” :lol:

Just about as untouchable as they come. Detroit finally have a good young core going forward and it revolves around Seider. The kid's playing 20+ minutes as a rookie and excelling, they're probably thinking he's the next Lidstrom and he'll probably explode offensively next season and put up 60-70 points. He's about as untouchable as Owen Power right now.

Realistically we need to target a team who already have one top guy who they drafted high and then a 2nd prospect in the wings.