The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Ducks @ Canucks l Feb. 19/22 @ 7:00 pm

Rate this topic

-DLC-

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Edmonton up 3-0 with nine minutes left in the third.

It's rapidly getting to the point whether every game is life or death for our playoff chances as the number of games left dwindle. Edmonton, LA, Calgary, and Vegas all keep grabbing points. 

That's why it's rough. Who do you cheer for in a Flames LA game?

Down the stretch it is hard to gain ground when there is a lot of interdivsion play.

6 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

That's why it's rough. Who do you cheer for in a Flames LA game?

Down the stretch it is hard to gain ground when there is a lot of interdivsion play.

If you want them to make the playoffs, LA

We're unlikely to catch Vegas or Calgary imo

A loss tonight could mean Edmonton and LA pulling away too

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That's my take on it too, even without Stone they're a team built to win and they've been surviving injuries all season 

Yea taking out Vegas there's a real traffic jam there and considering the interdivision points at stake it's not good.

There's a reason the Canucks sit at 15% chance to make it.

Edited by Chris12345

1 hour ago, eeeeergh said:

Pearson needs to be kept out of the top 6, and as far away from the powerplay as possible.

Podz-EP-Hogs
Miller-Horvat-Boeser
Motte-Lammikko-Garland
Pearson-Dickinson-Highmore

Would be really nice to see Lammikko get a chance with Garland. Lammikko was a pretty prolific goalscorer with Karpat in 2019-2020, finished second on the team 2 points behind Puljujarvi. 

Lammer also has the second highest shooting percentage on the team, just behind Miller, ahead of even Petey and Boeser. Obviously he's got good hands and can finish his chances.

There is one thing Pearson is good at, and that's boardwork.

With Miller and Boeser, he can just focus on keeping the puck along the boards and feed Boeser and Miller for shots.

With Getzlaf out, there is a chance for Pearson-Miller-Boeser to dominate the boards against relatively inexperienced Ducks first line.

Although Lammikko has been great, putting him with Garland may get him away from what made him successful. I'd rather keep him playing the right way alongside Motter and Highmore.

6 hours ago, Strawbone said:

If you’d told me 2 months ago that we’d be playing meaningful games in a tight playoff race today, I would have laughed! And yet here we are, Bruce has saved the season, and whether we make the playoffs or not, it’s fun watching hockey again. Go Canucks!

It's the little things.

I remember 5 years ago we were all just wanting exciting hockey for a change. Now we have it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Just made some home made boutine from scratch. Back bacon. Brown gravy (made from beef broth) double dropped home cut fries, and St. Albert's curds. Washed that down with a nice Kentucky mule and I'm ready for gametime.

boutine?

what universe are we in 

now wow wow

psybkikkninn

boutine?

goog search = QB0vpSdSzk swimsuit model bikini BoutineLA discover-boutine GIF

Oh I remember having boutine .. ...

26 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Yea taking out Vegas there's a real traffic jam there and considering the interdivision points at stake it's not good.

There's a reason the Canucks sit at 15% chance to make it.

Yup, they're most definitely a long shot 

I'm rooting for em, and keeping track of the race is interesting, but I don't think they'll make it 

24 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Cheer for a regulation whatever. 2 points going out not 3. 

No doubt, but with Calgary having a ten point lead and three games in hand LA's a much more realistic team to try and catch

Them and Edmonton