The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

7 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

Kuzmenko is going to be a 26 year old on a 1 year ELC and will be UFA at the end of his 1 year contract. He will sign where he has the best opportunity to showcase his talents to maximize his contract as a 27 year old UFA. IMHO this will likely see him signing in Edmonton where he can rack up his points playing with McDavid/Draisaitl.

I think your giving him too much credit to be putting him with those 2.. not sure edm would go out on a limb to do that kind of thing, maybe but maybe not too.

They'd have to be out of this world amazed by him to do that. I'd say it's a "possibility" but that would be like us promising him he'd be on 1st line with Petey and Brock, probably not but possible IF he shows THAT good and he proves he belongs there will would be a tall order to pull off... At any rate, all this won't cause me lack of sleep from excitement either but the whole deal has me curious more than anything and what if he can't make it in the NHL?! It's not like it's not the fastest toughest league in the world and not everyone can walk in and rock the show from another part of the globe. He has me curious though.. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Well, yesterday it rained and was kinda cold in Edmonton, and they took Kuzmenko to JOEY for dinner.

Today, the sun should be out in Vancouver, and they’ll probably dine at Blue Water Cafe, Elisa, or another of the Toptable Group (Aquilini owned) restaurants.

I’d give Vancouver the edge. :lol:

Sadly, Edmonton is getting temps in the low 20s... Vancouver is the colder city the past little while lol

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Sadly, Edmonton is getting temps in the low 20s... Vancouver is the colder city the past little while lol

Yeah, mostly tongue in cheek post, although the weather site I checked said it was raining and a high of 16 in Edmonton yesterday.

Looking at a more detailed weather page, seems their day yesterday was pretty similar to what we should have today. Some light rain early in the day and then the sun breaking out in the afternoon, with peak temps around 17/18 degrees.

So maybe a push on the weather.

But I’m still betting the meal will be better in Vancouver. ;) 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, mostly tongue in cheek post, although the weather site I checked said it was raining and a high of 16 in Edmonton yesterday.

Looking at a more detailed weather page, seems their day yesterday was pretty similar to what we should have today. Some light rain early in the day and then the sun breaking out in the afternoon, with peak temps around 17/18 degrees.

So maybe a push on the weather.

But I’m still betting the meal will be better in Vancouver. ;) 

Does McJesus cook?

31 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lol so stalkerish…

Also this hype is ridiculous!

Not a lot of hockey news to talk about really, they spend more time scouting, meeting about, and having interviews with amateur prospects than this so no really huge deal.

It is basically adding a free late 1st or 2nd rounder, so worth a little effort.

Not many guys from Russia are as good a deal.  The veterans want big guaranteed contracts, and the really good younger players mostly have their rights owned by another NHL team.  A guy that can come in on an ELC and likely perform in a middle six spot is pretty attractive to a lot of teams.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, gurn said:

A whole lot of noise about a "maybe" middle six forward.

well, as we see in the playoffs tho those guys can be pretty important. 

For me its more about getting the free asset, we need a lot of more these. 

• Cheers 1