The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks interested in Jacob Chychrun as a TDL acquisition

Odd.

3 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I'm actually a Myers fan (Somewhat), but if we did that and a team would take him on for fairly neutral value or a late pick I would suggest we do that as well.  OEL would still be second pair, but maybe he or Hughes get moved to the right side to give us:

Hughes Schneider

Chychrun OEL

Rathbone (if not part of the deal) - Schenn/Hamonic

Or if we do move Rathbone (As part of Chychrun trade) and Hamonic, and really kick up our negotiating skills, we could and have Tryamkin - Schenn as our bottom pairing.

I mean if we can trade Myers for sure we could use that money to sign some scoring.

Not sure any teams are looking to take that contract on unless we retain. And really Myers has been playing solid for us despite some errors recently.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I hope they don't trade Hoglander. He's been snake bit for a while now, but eventually the flood gates will open and his confidence will grow. I think he could end up scoring 30+ goals a year. 

30+ is really ambitious, I think 15-20ish is a more realistic ceiling. 

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

I just think AZ and that entire franchise just don't really care what the hell happens on or off the ice lol. 

And they’re in a University arena next season that sits 6000 capacity or less?

ohhh to be a fly on the wall in those dressing rooms!    
me. I’d definitely play somewhere else for less ;)

sardines that dude has been everywhere GIF

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I firmly believe that the Coyotes will play in the 5,000 seat building next season, as I don't think the league could execute a move for them to another State, before the start of next season. I think the league will allow them about another 6 to 8 months to try and get an agreement in place for a new building, but if their current proposal falls through, then I think they will start looking seriously at the possibility of relocating them outside of Arizona.

To me, this means that next season, Arizona will ice a team that's not much above an AHL roster. I think it's officially been designated that there will be a 1 million rise in the Cap for next season which means that the floor will rise to 61.2 million I believe. I wouldn't be surprised if they try and engineer an actual salary in the low to mid 50 range and shop for more contracts like Loui, where they have a 6 million hit, but only about 2.5 million in actual spend.

If you think they are bad this year, I think next seasons Coyotes could be the worst team the NHL has iced in the last 30 or more years.

Everything they are doing, is pushing out any type of salary commitments, until they are into a new home, wherever that may be.

Not that it matters but the salary cap is currently $81.5M for this year.

You are absolutely correct that Arizona does not want players back in a trade unless they believe they could immediately move said player(s) for draft picks, players on ELC's or, most importantly, for players making less money than their actual cap hit. They have to make the cap floor but in no way do they actually want to pay that money out.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I'd prefer to have a solid top 4 and a less solid bottom pairing as opposed to three pairings with a strong and weaker link 

I understand what you're saying, but I'd rather us build up our right side instead of going all in on our left 

It’s all depends who can play the right side. It doesn’t really matter who plays where it’s all about the depth.

Hughes Chychrun 

OEL Myers

Hamonic Schneider

Just now, DeNiro said:

It’s all depends who can play the right side. It doesn’t really matter who plays where it’s all about the depth.

Hughes Chychrun 

OEL Myers

Hamonic Schneider

Not just play, but effectively play the right side. I disagree that who plays where doesn't matter, as most D have a preferred side and most teams don't have multiple D who've switched sides. 

Can players adapt? One would think, but it's not a cut and dry guarantee. 

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Ok fine... we'll give up Dickinson... :P

Any trade for Chychrun would have to be balanced out with a Miller trade IMO.

No way we can afford to give up our limited assets for him without replacing them.

If Arizona wants a center we get Chytil from New York in a package and flip him to Arizona.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

30+ is really ambitious, I think 15-20ish is a more realistic ceiling. 

Last year he was on pace for 19 as a rookie. He's only 21 years old. I could see him in the 20-25 goal range for sure. 

Edited by Penskih

Just now, DeNiro said:

Any trade for Chychrun would have to be balanced out with a Miller trade IMO.

No way we can afford to give up our limited assets for him without replacing them.

If Arizona wants a center we get Chytil from New York in a package and flip him to Arizona.

That would be fine...

To VAN:

Lundkvist

Kravtsov

Chytil

1st

To NYR:

Miller

then...

To VAN:

Chychrun

To ARZ:

Chytil

Hoglander

Rathbone

Hughes-Myers

Chychrun-Hamonic

OEL-Lundkvist

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They don’t want anything besides high end prospects and high picks. 

Yes  

What if we moved boeser and/or garland for those prospects and picks? Then used those assets to acquire chick. 

Then picked up Ufa domi in the offseason? 

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean if we can trade Myers for sure we could use that money to sign some scoring.

Not sure any teams are looking to take that contract on unless we retain. And really Myers has been playing solid for us despite some errors recently.

Myers and his family call the Okanagan their permanent home - Myers himself chose Vancouver as the place he wanted to be for the duration of his next contract (when he signed).  Myers and his wife have an almost school-aged child now who was born with severe health complications (life and death complications, not certain how he is doing now).  Myers has a M-NTC (10 team no-trade list) for the duration of his current contract. 

People can speculate and throw his name out there, but I don't see him or his family going anywhere anytime soon. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

With what assets?  They want picks and prospects. 

Unless we trade someone else for picks and prospects then try to trade for Chychrun then I don’t see this happening. 

Also who’s moving to the right side?  

I don’t know that is what they want right now.  They have those already.

Keep in mind the GM still wants to actually win, especially in a new building in front of new potential fans.  He just has a budget to work with.

They only have 7 players under contract next season (6 if they move Chychrun).  They also have almost no way to get players to come there and play for a losing team in a minor league building.

It is entirely possible that they start spending some of the picks they have as currency to get club controlled players who don’t have a choice but to play there.  They may have no other way to fill out a roster and hit the cap floor.

8 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Not that it matters but the salary cap is currently $81.5M for this year.

You are absolutely correct that Arizona does not want players back in a trade unless they believe they could immediately move said player(s) for draft picks, players on ELC's or, most importantly, for players making less money than their actual cap hit. They have to make the cap floor but in no way do they actually want to pay that money out.

Yes, cap is currently 81.5, floor is 60.2 million. Next season is supposed to be going to 82.5, I’m assuming that means a floor of 61.2 million.

This is a fringe playoff team, I think we should just keep stocking up picks and building. Honestly the smartest thing to do with a new regime. 

Don't break the bank for a star player. 

Benning f*cked himself and the team over with the free agent signings he made and now this is where we find ourselves in. Against the cap and a very average team.

We'd likely be giving up picks plus a top 6 forward and as sad as it is, we can't afford that right now.

Just now, Provost said:

I don’t know that is what they want right now.  They have those already.

Keep in mind the GM still wants to actually win, especially in a new building in front of new potential fans.  He just has a budget to work with.

They only have 7 players under contract next season (6 if they move Chychrun).  They also have almost no way to get players to come there and play for a losing team in a minor league building.

It is entirely possible that they start spending some of the picks they have as currency to get club controlled players who don’t have a choice but to play there.  They may have no other way to fill out a roster and hit the cap floor.

I thought it was reported early that they were looking for like 4 pieces. Solid young roster player, a 1st and two high end prospects.