The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks exploring Tyler Myers trade

brian42

9 minutes ago, x00x said:

ahahaha, he does have a point about value, we need to grim and bare it till the trade deadline and get max value than dropping him for chump change

Yup.  But our owner has set the direction to “win now”, so we are trying to create cap space (like the Hamonic and Dickinson yrades) in order to bring in guys wh can help right now: Dermott and Stillman.  Stupid yes, but that’s the philosophy.  

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

22 hours ago, cripplereh said:

We can hope we get Johansson and Pearsson here and make the team next year.  

Keep bear and that makes sense to trade Myers.Even if one makes it and can play we are a head.  

OEL and Johansson as a defensive d could be a good pair.We then would only need someone for QH

I can't see OEL as a benefit to any pairing - he could have been paired with Orr and made him look like a bum.  He wanders around the defensive zone with no damn purpose whatever - Why should he care, he's got a contract that lasts forever with (apparently) a no trade clause that is bulletproof - it looks like we got rid of Eriksson the forward in return for Eriksson the defenceman. Benning could have accomplished the same thing by just extending Eriksson for another seven years with a big bonus.

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I can't see OEL as a benefit to any pairing - he could have been paired with Orr and made him look like a bum.  He wanders around the defensive zone with no damn purpose whatever - Why should he care, he's got a contract that lasts forever with (apparently) a no trade clause that is bulletproof - it looks like we got rid of Eriksson the forward in return for Eriksson the defenceman. Benning could have accomplished the same thing by just extending Eriksson for another seven years with a big bonus.

Ok .So when he plays well which has been most games he is Loui?

2 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Yup, OEL is the extension of the LE contract and player.  Plus, both were acquired with the Sedins, in mind - based on what, I heard in the radio, that they vouched for him.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

We should be able to extract some value from the Leafs.  They obviously have the cap due to injuries, and they could easily move 1 year of Myers to another team next year if they didn't retain him for next year too.  Time to get something done, and allow OEL and Bear to build chemistry.

• Cheers 1

Leafs are desperate, but we won't get a premium asset out of the deal.  Either we get a pick or I am still of the belief that we could try and snag Liljegren.  He is past his long bout with mono, improved his defensive game significantly in the last year, and could be an NHL defenseman.  If he ends up being a complete bust, then you still saved on the cap by moving Myers.