The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Olli Juolevi (claimed by Red Wings)

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Nice guy, but not fake news.  Benning wanted Glass.  This is a Canuck's produced video.  The dust up, when Linden steps in, was in the meetings.  I believe it was reported by Botchford. (RIP)  This is the point when Bracket takes over the draft.  Until he asks for more autonomy and gets let go.

"Linden cont'd: Drafting Pettersson was an interesting situation, it wasn’t just Judd it was other amateur scouts that felt very strongly that Elias was our guy and it was important to me to give those guys the autonomy to make the pick. (2/2)"

Reported from 650.

I would like more clarification. 

I mean JB is literally trying actively to goad Vegas into trading up to take Glass the guy you're alleging JB wanted. Dusted up or not he went and tried to negotiate that very deal with vegas. 

All I can find are tweets about an interview w Linden not the actual interview. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I would like more clarification. 

I mean JB is literally trying actively to goad Vegas into trading up to take Glass the guy you're alleging JB wanted. Dusted up or not he went and tried to negotiate that very deal with vegas. 

All I can find are tweets about an interview w Linden not the actual interview. 

Pretty revealing quotes.  We got OJed once, and Trevor wasn't going to let it happen again.  Both OJ and Glass are clearly bustaroo bonsais'

10 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Correct. 

Yeah so I guess Benning always has final say even if Benning preferred Glass over Pettersson in the end of the day his regime picked Pettersson. So I'll give him credit for that. 

That said, as what some said here already, Benning is only an amazing drafter relative to Gillis. It actually he's been pretty good but until his picks have produced a Brayden Point or a Jaccob Slavin, I don't see him as stand out drafter 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, hammertime said:

So if I'm understanding this thread everything bad= Benning everything good = anyone else. Got it. 

OEL, Garland and three dumps for bustaroo Guenther.  That was awesome Benning.

Miller for 20 OA was great!  (Stupid Dubas gave up 15 to just move out a contract and 17 to rent Foligno)

Draft hits and misses should be the responsibility of the scouting department. 

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

If VAN did claim Olli, at least he would be familiar with his team mates and the city etc. It would be like a second chance here. 

Thanks for Juulsen and Lammikko, and now we'll take Juolevi back as well ^_^  

I am indeed interested in seeing if Juolevi could perform better under Boudreau…

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Yeah so I guess Benning always has final say even if Benning preferred Glass over Pettersson in the end of the day his regime picked Pettersson. So I'll give him credit for that. 

That said, as what some said here already, Benning is only an amazing drafter relative to Gillis. It actually he's been pretty good but until his picks have produced a Brayden Point or a Jaccob Slavin, I don't see him as stand out drafter 

Regime…

Russians under Putin is a regime.

This is a management team.

Edited by Me_
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

I always cringe hard when people say things like "regime" in a sports context. 

"The Benning regime, Gillis regime"...etc. good lord its so freaking cringe.

why? it's what the word means.