The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) NJD not renewing a contract with PK Subban

RWJC

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

In no way and I condoning going after him, but just wanted to hear where people think he’ll end up and for how much/long

He will end up with someone on a short term deal that needs help on the PP, yet can still bury him safely on the second/third pair. Don’t see any hope of another big deal for him though as his defensive warts outweigh his offensive output now. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 250Integra said:

Edmonton is salivating right now 

That’s exactly who I was thinking about but is he enough?

if they make the playoffs, among another piece of criteria, that 3rd rounder they gave up for Keith becomes a 2nd. Subban will help them for sure, but imho to make the deal worthwhile they have to stock up even more 

11 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Seems a high-maintenance personality. Guess it'll be something similar to Poolman's current numbers, or Hamonic's, if the shorter option is called for.

He’s not a high maintenance personality. 
He clashed with a high maintenance GM back in Montreal.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Could see Vegas being a good landing spot for Subban, but not sure how Vegas would make it work with their cap.

But no to Subban coming to Vancouver, please.  Is too much of a "look at me" type of player for my liking.  Liked him for a short while when he was bouncing Marchand around, but have disliked him since he stepped in and stole all of Jordan's thunder on Jordan's draft day, and had to make himself be the show.  As Canucks fans, we had to watch the mouthpiece steal whatever bit of draft day glory that should have been reserved entirely for Jordan.  As well, he had to make himself the star when he donated part of his big signing to the Children's Hospital in Montreal...he couldn't do it in the quiet, classy way like the Sedins tried.

At least he was able to back up his big mouth when he was a Hab and a Pred, but not so much anymore. 

Edited by bigbadcanucks