The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Travis Hamonic to Senators for 2022 3rd-round pick

5 hours ago, Jester13 said:
Servalli on Hamonic trade: Allvin became a really popular person within the Canucks locker room because that group was ready to move on from Hamonic...he had sort of worn out his welcome. (Halford & Brough - Around 6:15am)

I don't have a horse in this race because I really don't give a crap about Hamonic, but this sounds like bull$&!# to me.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

I had read somewhere else that he was a bit of an odd duck as well. Wonder if this goes beyond just the vaccine thing?

Will be interesting to see if the Canucks look like a completely different team for the remainder of the season...

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Will be interesting to see if the Canucks look like a completely different team for the remainder of the season...

I mean, I expect them to look a little worse. The Motto like was tearing it up, and I doubt the Travis trade to completely shake up the team. Sure would have been nice to actually see a completely different team with one or 2 big names moved but guess we'll see how she goes.

35 minutes ago, tas said:

has dorion explained his rationale for this trade yet? I'm very curious where he's coming from. 

Vet to provide a moderate cushion for their youth more than likely. Hamonic is still reasonably defensively responsible despite an average year here. 

Really bizarre stint for Hamonic, I really liked him as a top 4 guy in NYI and Calgary and he was picked up to settle in with Hughes but then never really did. Then the Covid stuff hit and you do wonder what his team mates think of him.

On the ice I've always thought he's the gritty, tough defenceman we need but it seems like it was all a bit much and we need someone more consistent.

In isolation this is a brilliant trade, Schmidt was flipped for a 3rd and this TDL it seems as though many good players went for 4ths. Even Giordano was just a bunch of 2nds so in the scheme of things, management did well to get rid of this contract and basically use the 3rd to get a younger, possibly better version of Hamonic. Have to applaud that.

6 hours ago, iinatcc said:

how can someone who played less than a season worth of game wear out his welcome?

It is not just the Canuck payers that think he is odd, it is a lot of the players in the league

I don't even know the story on him and i was tired of him and glad we saved money off loading him too

Glad management has no ties to him and recognized and reacted to move him

• Cheers 2