The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Apr. 06, 2022 | 7:00 pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Your wife probably just sees hockey as entertainment, which is fine.  Sometimes I wish I could

see it that way.

I really haven't seen much from the new management so far, so my enthusiasm for next

season is kind of low.  I'll wait and see what the plan is for the future and how they move

forward with it.

That's it, she loves the Canucks, but doesn't get invested emotionally or mentally in how the machine works. She just enjoys Canucks hockey, whereas I'm looking at salary caps, obsessing about roster improvements and analyzing stats lol  :frantic:  

I'm hoping for an active off season, but I have a feeling Allvin is very patient and very cautious about every move. I guess that's a good thing, but I'm impatient. 

3 hours ago, Red Wooster said:

I'm taking the night off from volunteering at the Men's World Curling Championships and am going to the game.  My first Canucks game in over two years.  Go Canucks Go!

Oh you're so lucky (on both counts)! I've been watching curling all week (off sick today, what a game)....some great curling happening. Rough loss for Gushue's team today....their first. 

Have fun at the game.

51 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Hughes and bows are out. Need some offense. 

Better start hunt and burroughs over Rathbone.

This franchise is the same as it was a decade ago.

Bruce is a too much of a plug lover. 

I’m going to be furious if Lockwood/Podkolzin get 9-12 minutes in these meaningless games.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

My wife has great optimism, she's always cheering the Canucks on, regardless if they're good or not. The Draft means nothing to her. She likes the team as it is. To her, it's always "you never know, they might actually win, and if they don't, I hope they just have a good game".   I wish I had this tempered expectation of my team, and could just appreciate good hockey a little more. I guess we should just enjoy the games that are left, hope they make them close, maybe they'll win a few. 

This feels like the end of a chapter, Benning's roster fizzling down the stretch. New management in, who I think, will be very active in the off season. The new chapter begins in October. I can't wait to see what they're building.

I have a girl friend, quite looks same as your wife.

Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights
10:00 PM EST

REFEREES

Trevor Hanson #14
TH14.jpg
Jean Hebert #15
JH15.jpg
Games ’21-22 60 25
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 50 / 0 51 / 9
Career Games (Reg/PO) 497 / 22 613 / 58
First NHL Game 10/24/13 3/30/11
Birthplace Richmond, BC Bouctouche, NB
Goals/Gm 5.7 (29) 6.5 (4)
PP/Gm 2.8 (33) 3.0 (20)
Penl/Gm 3.3 (31) 3.8 (8)
PIM/Gm 7.4 (35) 9.2 (8)
% of Penl on Home 48.0% (30) 50.0% (13)
More Penl on Rd % 7.0% (12) -1.0% (28)
Home Win % 48.0% (38) 47.0% (40)
Home Rec. 24-26 24-27
OT/SO Games 28.0% (9) 12.0% (40)
Calls by Period 1st 2nd 3rd 1st 2nd 3rd
2019-20 34% 37% 29% 30% 39% 31%
Team Records 20-21 19-20 18-19 20-21 19-20 18-19
VAN 1-3 3-3 1-3 0-0 2-2 1-3
VGK 1-4 4-3 4-1 2-0 3-1 3-1

LINESMEN

David Brisebois #96
DB96.jpg
Trent Knorr #74
2021_TK74.jpg
Games ’21-22 61 58
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 48 / 13 49 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1348 / 67 535 / 20
First NHL Game 10/11/00 11/13/13
Birthplace Sudbury, ON Powell River, BC

Oh Come On Jim Carrey GIF

Does anyone actually think there is any chance Hanson conducts himself like a professional tonight, or was he just flown into Vegas for an easier handoff from the bagman?  How in holy hell does the NHL think allowing this scumbag to continue to openly rig our games with zero consequences is acceptable?  Schenn should just wait for him outside the rink and beat the living **** out of him so he is physically incapable of disgracing the sport ever again.  Enough is enough.

45 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Bruce is a too much of a plug lover. 

I’m going to be furious if Lockwood/Podkolzin get 9-12 minutes in these meaningless games.

You know it'll happen. I like Bruce but he still has his flaws. Like every coach I guess. 

Would have been nice to see what Rathbone can do but hopefully he'll get some chances down the stretch and head back to the AHL playoffs.

Our season's done, we're playing for pride now and a chance to kick Vegas out of the playoffs, that's all.

6-4 Canucks

Now that we don't need to worry about the playoffs, It's time to start seeing some younger guys in prime rolls to see how they handle it. Bones in the pressbox and hunt on the PP doesn't help us now nor the future. After a decade of doing the same meaningless thing over and over again... Let's switch things up so we can finally see some progression. 

OK start, Got a little bit of cap space and moved on from a injury prone 4th liner turning UFA. Previous management would have signed him to a 4 year deal with nmc.

I hope we opt for a re tool. I wouldn't invest anything into adding to this current build. There is no on ice chemistry. The near historical worst PK while having one of the top goalies is soooooooooooooo pathetic. Not to mention how little pushback we have when playing anyone with a tough guy... That minni game not too long ago was a total embarrassment. I don't want to be built like the ducks or devils. Bunch of skinny skilled kids who get injured all the time.

Hope for change starts this off season!!

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I know mathematically we are still in it, but the odds of making are so slim, I have slowly begun tuning out of the rest of the season.

I think with the higher expectations and hope to make the playoffs this season has me more disappointed compared to past seasons where we missed the playoffs.

I have faith in this new regime for sure, but ngl my desire to watch the rest of the season is very low. Missing out this year hurts a lot more. 

Definitely a dive going from what felt like an improbable comeback to now cooling off & hitting the skids. 

There was alot of fun times this season but bookended by immense disappointment. This team should've been in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Definitely a dive going from what felt like an improbable comeback to now cooling off & hitting the skids. 

There was alot of fun times this season but bookended by immense disappointment. This team should've been in the playoffs. 

honestly it was amazing we were actually in the discussion for playoffs for much of March. Its just too hard to overcome that bad of a start. 

Personally I like our core guys and want to see them supported with some bigger bodies, we do that and we make the playoffs next season. 

18 minutes ago, JM_ said:

honestly it was amazing we were actually in the discussion for playoffs for much of March. Its just too hard to overcome that bad of a start. 

Personally I like our core guys and want to see them supported with some bigger bodies, we do that and we make the playoffs next season. 

I agree. Even with an average PK under Green this is a playoff team. 

I guess it depends who you include in 'core guys', I like the pieces here aswell but I do think we need a shake up - mainly turning a forward asset like Garland or Boeser into a youngish (or similar aged) top 3D. Then getting rid of some deadweight & adding some muscle to the supporting cast, as you say. 

• Vintage 1