The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Apr. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Lmao his big ass is exactly who we want on on our side in the playoffs. Want to move him? Ok, who's gonna replace him for 25+ mins per night.

Somebody more capable at far less of a cap hit? Plenty of defensemen in the league can eat up minutes for less than 6 mill. For 4 mill you can find yourself even one of those two way defensemen capable of not having the play die on his stick every time. 

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

The worst part about all this is the amount of crap we're gonna have to put up with from loser Canucks fans that think this team sucks because they missed the playoffs.  Will completely ignore the fact this team has spent most of the year playing .600 hockey, while also completely disregarding the fact they were coached by someone that had no business coaching an NHL team for the first 20 something games of the season.  I might need to take a break from this place until draft day.  Too many losers are gonna come out of their caves now.

Buddy some of this is on the players and changes have to me made. The defense is still not very good defensively. Too soft, small and slow and expensive for what it is.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

I think losing Horvat and Pearson was a big loss for faceoffs and scoring. Demko wasn't bad, but wasn't great. On the other hand, the biggest reasons the Canucks lost were their attitude. They were caught again trying not to lose instead of pushing to win. They got passive and watched players skate circles around them. 

How do you fix the scared attitude in players? Is it the players or can it be trained out of them to not panic and play with more confidence?

We all knew that Minnesota or Calgary were the games they might lose, so when they lost in OT to Ottawa we all knew the season was over.

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Boeser is as good as he moves his skates. And tonight, he did not move his skates. Literally as you said, in the third period when the game was on the line he physically took the rest of the night off. Didn't engage in a single board battle, didn't try to open up ice for his teammates, didn't try to get open for a pass, just straight legged it as if he was playing the rest of the game going for a line change. 

awful take.  he was better than Miller tonight...

Boeser is a guy that they should trade to upgrade the D, but to single him out is ridiculous...

• Like 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Buddy some of this is on the players and changes have to me made. The defense is still not very good defensively. Too soft, small and slow.

I can agree with that.  There will be changes, but let's not make it another drastic off-season that takes the team forever to build chemistry again.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Miller was absolute dog doodle. Petey was amazing and Garland has no quit. That guy is an absolute dog out there chasing after a bone.

Cant blame Miller when they circled Hunt multiple times in D zone or Myers being picked apart. Miller is an all out offensive guy that has almost 100 points so he gets a bit of a leeway when it comes to being a liability in our zone.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

The worst part about all this is the amount of crap we're gonna have to put up with from loser Canucks fans that think this team sucks because they missed the playoffs.  Will completely ignore the fact this team has spent most of the year playing .600 hockey, while also completely disregarding the fact they were coached by someone that had no business coaching an NHL team for the first 20 something games of the season.  I might need to take a break from this place until draft day.  Too many losers are gonna come out of their caves now.

Well to be honest we rarely agree but I do like your spreadsheets.

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Soooooo.. see you in the Miller thread? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We only can get 95 points now and we lose tiebreakers. 

LA needs 3 points in 4 games. 
Nashville needs 2 points in 5 games 

Dallas needs 4 points in 5 games. 

LA is playing the Blackhawks. Game just started. Dallas is playing the Flames tied 1-1 second intermission. 

We’re pretty much almost done. Barring we win every game and one of LA/Dallas don’t get anymore points. 

We are done. Period!  

Miller just stopped giving a crap after the Ottawa death blow.  Horvat injury sealed this teams fate, which is sad to say how little depth we have.  

1 minute ago, Darius said:

awful take.  he was better than Miller tonight...

Boeser is a guy that they should trade to upgrade the D, but to single him out is ridiculous...

I wonder if we could pry MacEwan back , with Ristolianen from Philly ?

Canucks don't even have to play to get shafted by the refs. Two straight PPs for the Kings early against the Hawks. First one was obvious second was a super soft cross check and the Kings make it 1-0 on the second PP.

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

There you are.  I figured when I talked about losers, you'd show up first.  

Anyways, not gonna waste my time with you or the others that crawled out of their holes.  Funny how so many of you were nowhere to be found during the win streak.

You never fail to make the rest of us chuckle, I'll give you that.