The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What do you believe is the prime reason we've missed the Playoffs this year?

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

What do you believe is the prime reason we've missed the Playoffs this year?  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Not sure Benning is the blame. His roster would've made the playoffs if the players played well early in the season. That same roster did very well under Bruce.

It;'s the players. They didn't like Green, tuned him out and just said "f-it" until he was fired. 

It's not pee-wee where kids cry if they get benched.     I'm not saying we didn't need to make a change that much was obvious.    But i also think Green didn't have many games where the effort wasn't there either.   Bruce had about as many.  Better motivator.   I always liked players coaches the most.    Guys willing to go through a wall for their coach wins cups. 

This is not a big physical team , but they got pushed around badly for 3+ years when Green was coach. As Bieksa said “they were fun to play against “ Boudreau made this team a hell of a lot tougher to play against . 

Its frustrating that we all know the Canucks would have easily made the playoffs if Boudreau started the season here.

Aqua was the problem. As soon as the puppet strings came off the exact same on ice product played at a playoff level as opposed to near worst in the league. He has finally opened his wallet to actual hockey minds to run this team. Now think of the success we had, While playing 4/5 AHL quality guys in the bottom six, And another 3 on D.

Imagine we find cheap schenn like filler, Rather than AHL quality. Or find ways to dump a little money and maybe bring in a bit of talent..

Everyone ( Our "stars" ) not named boeser is signed for atleast 1 more year.. I'd be willing to bet they run with it, Not making huge changes in the top 6, But revamping the entire bottom 6 + D.

Poolman, Myers, Dickinson, Pears. 14.4m... That is money we need to open up and add cheaper, But higher quality depth with. Out of that list i will not trade pears unless we have to, As he is a perfect example of a quality 3rd liner who can move up and is paid accordingly 

• Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

I like Boudreau. But one thing I'd like to point out is they started winning immediately after green was gone. 

Did the BB effect take place that fast? 

I think you could remove green, put no coach in place and they would have started to win.

They needed green gone Moreso than they needed BB in. 

At least FA admitted he waited to long. 

remember Wonkie Willie coached 100 points out of the team Torts Tanked

I think you are correct

Ultimately, I think it is on Aqualini for allowing Benning and Green to remain in charge of the team. Benning should have been fired about 4 years ago. Instead, when Linden left, Aqua gave Benning Linden's job. Benning was effectively GM and President. He wasn't really suited for either role; trying to do two jobs at once was an inevitable disaster. Add in Benning's ineptitude at communicating and he became a master of his own demise. 

Benning can be praised for drafting EP, QH, and Podz... but with a team that dwelled in the basement for six of eight seasons, he really should have came away with more than just those three. I blame Aqualini for not identifying Benning's inability to craft a long-term plan when it was clear that the team needed to rebuild. 

• Thanks 1

as much as people want to put blame on green, this is not a playoff team. We need depth. We need 2 top4 shutdown dmen. Schenn is great but by no means he is top4 and neither is myers.

We need a top6 goal scoring winger. Boeser hasnt been there when needed most. Invisible on most nights.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

I like Boudreau. But one thing I'd like to point out is they started winning immediately after green was gone. 

Did the BB effect take place that fast? 

I think you could remove green, put no coach in place and they would have started to win.

They needed green gone Moreso than they needed BB in. 

At least FA admitted he waited to long. 

Wow are we going there already?

We are…

Wow. 

57 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Demmer

And Hughes, and OEL, and Myers, and Schenn and co.

When you guys start on something, the players could be long dead and you’d still complain.

You don’t really believe in this team.

Edited by Me_

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

It's not pee-wee where kids cry if they get benched.     I'm not saying we didn't need to make a change that much was obvious.    But i also think Green didn't have many games where the effort wasn't there either.   Bruce had about as many.  Better motivator.   I always liked players coaches the most.    Guys willing to go through a wall for their coach wins cups. 

Greens persistence with Baumers train wreck of a PK was a massive reason... 

As you rightly stated, we were on course for worst PK of all times... shocking really.

Brock and Petey taking an extended leave didn't help neither obviously, but the team needed a change....big time. 

Small things like the belt or just motivational talks helped to get them going again... 

Anyway, just happy the hockey was much better to watch, cause the train wreck at the start of the season was off putting....

• Vintage 1