Damon Severson (contract exended)

Alexander Holtz

Kevin Bahl

Would you?

hilarious of course yes.  Quinn is awesome but thats kawaaaazy

17 minutes ago, ibesawesomey said:

41 tries later...

image.png.4afcaa2d2c31249a6f714b51271b7fee.png

I would be estactic if that happened ....but we all know how Betts stacks the deck against the Nucks when it comes to the draft....what ever happens ...happens....JR/PA willl have to do the best they can with what they have....it is gonna be an interesting or boring summer for the Nucks....

• Cheers 1

Before the lottery

Miller

our 2022 1st

for

Zacha

Jersey 2022 1st

Jersey 2023 1st unprotected 

They get a veteran top line centre and a mid 1st round pick that should be in line to play for cheap when some of their kids come off ELCs 

We get a significantly downgraded forward, a pick that should get us Jiricek or better.  A lottery ticket for the Bedard sweepstakes is a pretty nice future to have.  We also then have some cap space to work with.

They can have Myers too if they need to replace expiring RHD.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

This happens every year.  It's kinda pointless because each and every GM would say exactly the same thing.  How often do top 10 picks get dealt?  Funny how I can think of 2 instances, and they both involve the Canucks haha

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Not to completely trigger the Miller discussions again, but a package of Zacha and 1st would be pretty decent if we can snag David Jiricek.  Gives us a strong top 9 forward in the appropriate age group that likely just needs a better team to play on, and a potential top pairing RD.  I'm sure we need another piece, however it also would give us likely 4-5M in cap room to meet another need in FA the following year.

Zacha is a 25 year old center version of pearson. I'm not trading one of my only star players for pearson level talent. 25 year old, Doesn't improve on anything.. Same player every year, Same mistakes every year. 7 years in the league and he has done nothing to earn a top 6 spot on the devils. We have too many swiss army knife type of players on the team and that's the problem. Decent at everything, Great at nothing

Moving miller, for more swiss army knifes wont help us get better in any way.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Step 1.  Boeser + pick #15 for Pick #5

Step 2.  Sign that russian guy

Step 3. ______

Step 4.  Profit

I'll help fill the blank 

Step 1.  Boeser + pick #15 for Pick #5

Step 2.  Sign that russian guy

Step 3. Extend Boudreau 

Step 4.  Profit

58 minutes ago, JM_ said:

you'd trade the best point producing d man we've ever had, who's only 22, under a good contract for 5 more years, for magic beans? why would you do that?

Anybody, if the return is good enough.

First over all this year is a damn fine player, but as I said I would not trade Quinn straight up for that pick.

Next year though, is the year Conner Bedard is available. True generational players don't come around often. Quin for Bedard? I'd do it before the other team changes their mind.

• Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

First over all this year is a damn fine player, but as I said I would not trade Quinn straight up for that pick.

Next year though, is the year Conner Bedard is available. True generational players don't come around often. Quin for Bedard? I'd do it before the other team changes their mind.

Yeah I was gonna say that anyone who has yet to play in the NHL is a magic bean.  But man what a bean!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, gurn said:

Bedard is in a different league than this draft class tho. I wouldn't move Hughes for anyone in this draft, even if there was some kind of add from NJ.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I feel like teams say this every year, but they are never moved. Blanket statement: "we will look at all options to improve our team." 

While you may be right, I've been thinking ever since their signing of Dougie Hamilton that Devils are throwing caution to the wind and trying to improve drastically and make the playoffs.  It actually makes sense from their point of view. 

Making the playoffs in the East is a big hurdle, and becoming a middling team that picks 10th-15th year in year out won't be a good strategy for them.  I really think that there is a good deal to be had between us and Devils.  With PK Subban's contract coming off the books, they have tons of cap space and a need for a true number 1 goalie and also some experienced forwards.  

Brock Boeser or JT Miller are prime candidates to end up in NJ in exchange for some sort of picks/prospects. 

I would add Buffalo and Ottawa in the same boat as New Jersey.  It's going to be really hard for both of those teams to break out of their losing cycle, and they will need one or two veteran players who are proven in the NHL to push them over the line. 

Detroit is a year or two behind, but with Dylan Larkin and Lucas Raymond up front, and a formidable blue line coming up with Seider and Edvinsson, they might start making some big moves as well this summer.