The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Lightning win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/2022 at 11:00 PM

43 minutes ago, Rubik said:

I wonder how much is this on Brunette? They put up a good fight last year with coach Q (4-2), now they got swept with an arguably better team.

Vasilevsky is the reason they got swept. Florida came at them so hard this game ... unreal really.   He's turning into this generations Ken Dryden, Billy Smith ... and his antics are joining that of Patrick Roy as one of the best playoff performers as well. 

Edited by IBatch

39 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Vasilevsky is the reason they got swept. Florida came at them so hard this game ... unreal really.   He's turning into this generations Ken Dryden, Billy Smith ... and his antics are joining that of Patrick Roy as one of the best playoff performers as well. 

yeah, I was half-watching the series, but 3 goals allowed in 4 games is pretty amazing, especially that florida was this scoring machine in the regular season.

Tampa look unstoppable again. They really weren't too good in the regular season, then Stamkos turns it on for the last 20 games to bring them up to speed with the rest of the conference and now they're just cleaning teams up.

They play the right way - very solid defensively from all 5 guys, really hard battles along the boards and a bit of skill amongst the lineup to get them goals when they need them, not to mention arguably the best playoff goalie we've seen in years. Right now I don't see any team stopping them. Carolina/NYR are going to get wrecked by Tampa.

Come finals time, I don't think Colorado will give them much trouble the same way they handled Toronto and Florida's skill up front. As good as McDavid has been, they're a 2 line team and again I think Tampa will be able to over-load him and shut the Oilers down. I don't see Calgary scoring against Vasy but if Tanev returns they might have a chance at playing a good defensive series with depth scorers breaking through, but they're getting opened up against Edmonton defensively. Honestly I think St Louis is the only decent physical team who could go blow for blow against Tampa but again, they'll just get worn down eventually and I don't see the Blues escaping their round.

Something big will have to give for Tampa to not 3-peat right now.

28 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Tampa Bay probably has a week off to heal up and get ready for the next round. 

Plus watching a few games of their opponents. 

It would be fun to watch a Vasileski v Shersterkin matchup.  

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Something big will have to give for Tampa to not 3-peat right now.

Someone could just run Vasilevskiy, we've seen more and more teams go that route. 

39 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

There isn't a more reliable source :bigblush:

No kidding :lol: I saw the story kicking around a couple other places as well. Considering it's being reported by the NYP and just the lunacy of the story itself, I have a hard time believing it.

26 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Florida traded a 1st and a 4th for him. So he was,  in fact worth a 1st.  How it worked out is immaterial. Also. J fresh charts are trash 

The only thing that is trash is people who think Ben Chiarot is actually a good defensive defensemen, when reality playing with Weber made him relevant.

But hey, I applaud you guys for managing to get a first round pick+ for him. 

5 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Florida traded a 1st and a 4th for him. So he was,  in fact worth a 1st.  How it worked out is immaterial. Also. J fresh charts are trash 

There's no point in arguing with someone who thinks those charts are of any use outside of a TP shortage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

There's no point in arguing with someone who thinks those charts are of any use outside of a TP shortage.

Those charts isn’t the be-all, end-all, but it does tell you a good idea of how the player performs. Every analytics department uses those charts in some degree.

If you think Chiarot is a top 4 shutdown defensemen, then you’re out of lunch. He was sheltered by Weber, in Montreal and played above his worth.