The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Juice to retire as a Canuck?

Rate this topic

NucksinNorway

I've personally never cared too much about the sentimental one-day contracts to retire with a team. It's a nice gesture, but it's not like they truly retired after playing for that team.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

That would be a nice gesture.

What about Jannik Hansen though? Are we gonna get this guy back in the organization or what??

Every time I listen to him I’m impressed with how well he understands the game and is very blunt in what the Canucks needs are. He would be a good voice to have in the room IMO.

Can never have enough leaders in the Canuck organization who had to compete and outwork to earn their opportunities. Alot of guys from that team could be excellent mentors for this organization, Hansen, Burr, Bieksa, Kesler - they were all warriors. We need some of their attitude injected into this group.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

What about Jannik Hansen though? Are we gonna get this guy back in the organization or what??

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Every time I listen to him I’m impressed with how well he understands the game and is very blunt in what the Canucks needs are. He would be a good voice to have in the room IMO.

I love Hansen to death - but whenever  I hear him speak all I can picture is Burr doing his Crow impression. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly!! Boudreau would be smart for Hansen to replace Walker. Similar energy guys. Both fought their way to the top.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NucksinNorway said:

Kevin Bieksa  says that he was set to sign a one day contract in 2020 before covid came. Says it was his Dad’s idea. Hopes to still make it happen. 

ps I suck at inserting actual articles so I just hyperlinked it…

Maybe bring back Fedor as well... you know. for a one-two punch.

regards,  G.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I agree, but I also like having him outside of it 

Hansen pulls no punches regarding the Canucks but goes about his business without an agenda to get clicks or sell papers

He's often right on the nose with his takes, even if they ruffle the feathers of some Canuck fans

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I agree, but I also like having him outside of it 

Hansen pulls no punches regarding the Canucks but goes about his business without an agenda to get clicks or sell papers

He's often right on the nose with his takes, even if they ruffle the feathers of some Canuck fans

Thats the thing though we need those kind of voices inside the room so they can actually be heard.

No more yes men (and women) and country club attitudes. You don’t get anywhere doing that.

I’m a pretty big Canucks homer and even I can’t argue with most of his takes. He seems to follow the team very closely and draws from his own experience to analyze the team.

Would love to see him in a player development role to start. Not many players have a better idea of what it takes than a guy drafted from a non traditional hockey country in the 9th round. He had to work for everything he got.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Thats the thing though we need those kind of voices inside the room so they can actually be heard.

No more yes men (and women) and country club attitudes. You don’t get anywhere doing that.

I’m a pretty big Canucks homer and even I can’t argue with most of his takes. He seems to follow the team very closely and draws from his own experience to analyze the team.

Would love to see him in a player development role to start. Not many players have a better idea of what it takes than a guy drafted from a non traditional hockey country in the 9th round. He had to work for everything he got.

Yup, I absolutely agree

He's also a piece I could see shaking loose any leftover country club atmosphere, he's still a honey badger 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1