The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Stars hire Peter DeBoer as head coach

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, Rubik said:

that "bum" coach took his teams to the conference finals in 2019, 2020 and to the stanley cup finals in 2012, 2017. That 8 year span alone is almost more impressive than what this "bum" franchise achieved in 52 years.

You have to compare one of the worst franchises in sports history ( results wise ) to his recent coaching accomplishments to justify the fact hes not a bum shows he is infact.... A bum

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rubik said:

Whatever. My point is: maybe we (as a fan base) should show a bit more humility.

This fanbase has some of the most entitled fans of hockey, and it's not even justifiable why we have these people. We've had some good stretches of hockey, but some people only want to remember the good and forget the bad, resulting in those people with some questionable interpretations of their memories.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rubik said:

Whatever. My point is: maybe we (as a fan base) should show a bit more humility.

that is not the way it works around here

Its all about showing you support by hating every other franchise

I'd laugh if it wasn't true

2 hours ago, Rubik said:

that "bum" coach took his teams to the conference finals in 2019, 2020 and to the stanley cup finals in 2012, 2017. That 8 year span alone is almost more impressive than what this "bum" franchise achieved in 52 years.

He also coached the Sharks team that humbled Vegas in that 7 game series. I always liked DeBoer. But he coached Vegas, so it is easy to paint him as a villain.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

You have to compare one of the worst franchises in sports history ( results wise ) to his recent coaching accomplishments to justify the fact hes not a bum shows he is infact.... A bum

Dude what :lol:?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dazzle said:

This fanbase has some of the most entitled fans of hockey, and it's not even justifiable why we have these people. We've had some good stretches of hockey, but some people only want to remember the good and forget the bad, resulting in those people with some questionable interpretations of their memories.

All I can suggest is for you to check out other fanbases. It's all the same. You can pick and choose what you read and make your opinions accordingly... but its all the sammmmeeee

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

All I can suggest is for you to check out other fanbases. It's all the same. You can pick and choose what you read and make your opinions accordingly... but its all the sammmmeeee

Yeah I gotta agree there.  This Canucks fan base is absolutely no different than any other fan base, for any other professional team in any other professional sport across the face of the entire planet lol.

• Vintage 1

13 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Oettinger.  Benn will be on his back in Seguin's bunk bed; it will be too difficult for DeBoer to reach around.

Man ... Who knows what else they do together too

Edited by iinatcc