The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Predators re-sign Cody Glass

6 hours ago, AV. said:

Canucks fans were on their knees for this guy at the 2017 draft.

Makes you wonder...

He has comparable to Mark Scheifele by scouting reports. It's no a surprised that folks were shocked when Benning passed on him. 

On 6/24/2022 at 5:25 PM, AV. said:

Canucks fans were on their knees for this guy at the 2017 draft.

Makes you wonder...

And the only place that predicted Petey would be this good was some Leafs fan blog. It’s almost like the draft is a crapshoot and nobody has a crystal ball.

Edited by McBackup

30 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I would take a flyer on this kid if Nashville wants to throw him in a package for Miller to replace Forsberg.

Fabbro, Trenin, and Glass would be a great return.

Worth a look at least.

Maybe Glass will.not become the next Ryan Getzlaff but he could adapt his game and become a solid 3C much like Malhotra did.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Worth a look at least.

Maybe Glass will.not become the next Ryan Getzlaff but he could adapt his game and become a solid 3C much like Malhotra did.

I think a good coach that can get him to buy into being a role player at this point would give him the best development.

His offensive game may come in a few years but get him mastering the fundamentals now.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 11:32 AM, mll said:

Nashville are in a rebuild to get younger.  They acquired Glass by trading Ryan Ellis.  They got draft picks for Arvidsson.   They didn't give out more than 4 years to both Granlund and Ekholm.  Moving Ellis was also to open up a spot for Fabbro.  Glass is beeing groomed to be a top-6 C for them down the road.

Jury still out whether Glass will ever become a top six player in this league. He’s still relatively young, but time’s running out for him to prove if he can actually produce in a top six role. 

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I think a good coach that can get him to buy into being a role player at this point would give him the best development.

His offensive game may come in a few years but get him mastering the fundamentals now.

Can’t be sure, but it feels like Glass is Vancouver’s version of Virtanen (minus the character issues). 

I remember many fans (including myself) was holding out hope that he would make it, and he just never did. 

I can’t say for sure with Glass, but it kind of feels similar, where he’s young, but he’s not that young where if he’s a legit top six option, he would be starting to produce by now. Granted, players have different development curves, and Glass could be a late bloomer, that’s also very possible

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Jury still out whether Glass will ever become a top six player in this league. He’s still relatively young, but time’s running out for him to prove if he can actually produce in a top six role. 

He had 62pts in 66 games in the AHL this season.  Nashville sent him down to get his game back on track.  He's no longer waiver eligible so will have the opportunity to make the team next season.

6 hours ago, mll said:

He had 62pts in 66 games in the AHL this season.  Nashville sent him down to get his game back on track.  He's no longer waiver eligible so will have the opportunity to make the team next season.

Virtanen had 20 in 77 total as a comparison point.

That was a weird draft, a lot of boom & bust