The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Ryan Strome, Andrew Copp to hit free agency

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Isn't 99 points more than 70 points?  Or is my math wrong?

At this moment in time Miller is the better player.  Doesn't matter what Scheifele did 3 years ago, or even 2 years ago.  And how do you know Miller has even peaked?  What if he can get you 110 points?  

Lol so how do u know scheifele peaked? He had injury problem this year. So how do u know scheifele can’t get better at the same age but miller will continue to get better? Stop wearing homer glasses and trash everyone else that’s not on the canucks. 

99 is better than 70 yes but like I said he had injury problem. So was scheifele better last year? The year before? The year before that and the year before that? You’ll probably say no he played on a better team etc. 

7 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I figured Stome would be walking months ago, a bit surprised to see Copp exploring free agency though. Which means his ask is likely higher than folks might expect, Rangers really seemed to like him. 

Yeah, he has fit in really well in NYR, and who wouldn’t want to live there? The only reason Copp goes to free agency must be he wants far more money than he’s worth.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Yeah, he has fit in really well in NYR, and who wouldn’t want to live there? The only reason Copp goes to free agency must be he wants far more money than he’s worth.

That's what I reckon, as much as I'd like to have him on our roster it's likely not worth going after him as a UFA

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

That's what I reckon, as much as I'd like to have him on our roster it's likely not worth going after him as a UFA

NYR is going to have to do something tho, losing Strome and Copp leaves a big hole in their C depth. Unless they figure its time for the kids to step in. Maybe they go for an older veteran C like Stepan instead to help the kids out?

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

NYR is going to have to do something tho, losing Strome and Copp leaves a big hole in their C depth. Unless they figure its time for the kids to step in. Maybe they go for an older veteran C like Stepan instead to help the kids out?

They need 2 centers?

No problem.

Miller (50%) + Dickinson 

to NYR for

Kakko + Schneider + 1st 2023 

:P

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BPA said:

They need 2 centers?

No problem.

Miller (50%) + Dickinson 

to NYR for

Kakko + Schneider + 1st 2023 

:P

A league source apparently told Staple that Lundqvist + Chytil or Kakko should be enough to get it done as Miller only has 1 year left.

Drance says the Canucks feel his value has gone up since the TDL.  

• Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, mll said:

A league source apparently told Staple that Lundqvist + Chytil or Kakko should be enough to get it done as Miller only has 1 year left.

Drance says the Canucks feel his value has gone up since the TDL.  

who is the 'league source'? Lundkvist hasn't shown anything at the NHL level, and has been pretty average at the AHL level. He's also small. I just don't see how he moves the needle. Kakko might break out but right now he's tracking to be another Fin bust. 

Chytil is more interesting now since he showed well the playoffs, but as the centrepiece of a Miller deal? thats a big reach imo.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, combover said:

Nah I’m going be like the guys who still blame Gillis.lol. 

I genuinely love how you made this joke and then some posters legitimately started whining and crying about Gillis immediately after :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

who is the 'league source'? Lundkvist hasn't shown anything at the NHL level, and has been pretty average at the AHL level. He's also small. I just don't see how he moves the needle. Kakko might break out but right now he's tracking to be another Fin bust. 

Chytil is more interesting now since he showed well the playoffs, but as the centrepiece of a Miller deal? thats a big reach imo.

Chytil, Kakko, and a 1st or Kravstov should be the ask.

If they’re not willing to let go of Schneider then we need to get a couple young forwards. Getting a center and a winger would help offset some of that lost scoring.

Edited by DeNiro

22 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If they’re not willing to let go of Schneider then we need to get a couple young forwards. Getting a center and a winger would help offset some of that lost scoring.

I'll go one better. Obviously this won't happen, but if Schneider isn't part of the deal, then Laff has to be. Otherwise, we deal with another team. The Penguins, Caps, Canes, Bruins, and Devils all seem to be interested and have defensemen that fill our needs better than Lundqvist.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

They're apparently interested in Kadri, which makes sense. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

it would, I'm just not sold on either Kakko (Puljujarvi 2.0?) or Kravstov. 

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

it would, I'm just not sold on either Kakko (Puljujarvi 2.0?) or Kravstov. 

Yea but if both of them reach their potential it has the chance to be a steal.

Thats buying low on two very skilled power forwards.

The risk we’re gonna have to take in most deals.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea but if both of them reach their potential it has the chance to be a steal.

Thats buying low on two very skilled power forwards.

The risk we’re gonna have to take in most deals.

I guess when I look at the return, a 20-30 2023 pick, a risky F and probably a 3C in Chytil I just want to keep Miller. 

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I guess when I look at the return, a 20-30 2023 pick, a risky F and probably a 3C in Chytil I just want to keep Miller. 

I mean yea there’s risk, but he was the second overall pick for a reason. The guy has a ton of upside.

There’s lots of examples of those kinds of trades that work out very well for the team acquiring the younger prospects.

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean yea there’s risk, but he was the second overall pick for a reason. The guy has a ton of upside.

There’s lots of examples of those kinds of trades that work out very well for the team acquiring the younger prospects.

sure, I just question if its a deal that we need to do. Its F for F skill, we're not really adding to the overall team needs in that sense. If we were talking about someone with top pairing d potential it would be different.