The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Brock Boeser

I have this feeling Kuzmenko and Boeser are going to be real good together. Someone mentioned Vanek, Boeser and Vanek were crazy good together. They put up many 3, 4, even 5 point nights together. Vanek was a treat, miss that guy. 

Don’t think there’s many guys left that could shoot a slap shot on a breakaway from the face off circle :lol:

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Baggins said:

And he inherited the Sedin, Burrows, Kesler, Edler, Salo, Raymond, Hansen, Luongo and Schneider. Benning inherited one player on the roster under 27 worth keeping and Horvat.

Keep on drinking Alf. :lol:

Benning was awful, let it go already.

Defending him looks even dumber in hindsight than it was at the time and that's saying a lot 'cause it was asinine at the time.

• Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, Xanlet said:

@aGENT A neutral website has this contract as an over payment. I am not a troll for suggesting that this contract therefore harms the team's chances of making the playoffs. All that matters in this modern NHL is value per cap hit dollar. That's it. If one team gets more value from their cap, they will make the playoffs. If another team gets less value from their cap, they will miss the playoffs. It's that simple. Every contract over payment puts us on the losing side of that divide.

In a vacuum, when you look at his production last season and his injury troubles overall, you can argue it's overpayment.

But you have to consider that this kind of short-term deal seemed completely unrealistic before it was signed. He was either going to sign his 7.5M QO or get traded and sign a 7 or 8 year deal @ probably something around 7M AAV.

Management is hoping for a healthy season both physically and mentally from Boeser, and if that is the case, it wouldn't be a surprise if he lives up to even or outplays this AAV.

• Upvote 1

Yah, I like Brock. That's a decent value and he is a legit PP threat. The contract should be tradeable as he's a perennial 25 goal guy and maybe 30+ in the next 3 years. I was initially hoping for a trade but maybe he'll be a guy to lean on during the next year or two if some trades are made where we step back a bit.

Just now, Shayster007 said:

Yuppp. Some people are down on him after his play this year and forget he was out best player the year before.

Or what he went through last season. It's amazing he could function as well as he did.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Vermette9 said:

I hope he trains like a beast this off season and works strictly on skating.

I hope all our players are training their guts out this off season.

As professional athletes they are not only paid to do this, they should be driven to do this.

To give them and our team the best chance of success.

30 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Burkie was an awesome GM. 

Gillis did a good job bringing in some great support for those guys.

But it was Burkie's team.

Some of those guys were drafted by Nonis and he also traded for Lou. Gillis just had to build around what he inherited. His big additions were Hamhuis (who a half trained monkey could have signed here), and Ehrhoff who came with a cap dump NHL contract buried in the minors. Credit Aquilini for not caring about money there.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Benning was awful, let it go already.

Defending him looks even dumber in hindsight than it was at the time and that's saying a lot 'cause it was asinine at the time.

He also had the worst starting position I've ever seen a GM have. And I'm old.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I have this feeling Kuzmenko and Boeser are going to be real good together. Someone mentioned Vanek, Boeser and Vanek were crazy good together. They put up many 3, 4, even 5 point nights together. Vanek was a treat, miss that guy. 

Don’t think there’s many guys left that could shoot a slap shot on a breakaway from the face off circle :lol:

Vanek was a good guy for the team. I enjoyed having Him too

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

Thrilled to have Brock under a reasonable contract for 3 years.  I expect he has his best season next year.

He won't be traded.  The guys to be moved will be Garland Pearson and Dickinson.

Wait and see..

I don’t think Garland is moved, but what do I know. 

Still think Miller is moved by the draft. 

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

Thrilled to have Brock under a reasonable contract for 3 years.  I expect he has his best season next year.

He won't be traded.  The guys to be moved will be Garland Pearson and Dickinson.

Wait and see..

You want to trade 2 excellent 5 on 5 guys in pearson and garland?  Why? Plus, the analytics favour keeping both.  

6 minutes ago, Baggins said:

He also had the worst starting position I've ever seen a GM have. And I'm old.

Nah, it wasn't that bad. His plan was just awful because he was simply not qualified for the position.

Literally the entire hockey world knows this as a fact except a small segment of Canucks fans that are determined to keep their head in the sand. Why, I'll never know.