The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

Lekkerimake will light it up by cracky!

Looking forward to eastern media eating Marchand all through the tourney.

Who did Trana draft in the first round?

Oh yeah, they didn't have a first round pick! lol

Yeah dweebs.  Shanahandidn'thaveaclueplan.

Letterkenny all the way, for sures, to be fair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, hammertime said:

We seriously need to have a way to differentiate the Elias Petterssons. 

There can only be one.......Petey 

Petey = EP40

Elias Pettersson D = EP (whatever number) or EPD

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2022 at 12:45 AM, winthecup said:

I love having the Sedins as developmental coaches. Hopefully they can teach the prospects how to cycle the puck effectively. Have a team full of Swedes that can cycle the puck. :-D 

And a handful of Swedes who can really dial it in.

Here's the full write-up from Scott Wheeler. It's honestly huge praise. The list can be anyone up to 23 years old and Lekkerimaki is sitting at 20th best prospect in the league on his list. He's extremely young and already above Dylan Guenther, William Eklund, Cutter Gauthier (taken 5th oa this year). Not sure if it's already been discussed on here but Lekkerimaki paced for second on Djurgardens in goals last year after the call-up despite his age. He lead the WJC U-18 tourney in points and assists last year.

20. Jonathan Lekkerimaki, RW, 17 (Vancouver Canucks — No. 15, 2022)

One of the most dangerous players on this list with the puck on his stick, Lekkerimäki had quite the draft year, with some beautiful goals in arguably the third-best pro league in the world, a Globe Trotters feel at the J20 level with linemates Liam Öhgren and Noah Östlund (who will both also be first-rounders), and a brilliant 15-point performance at U18 worlds. He had one of the quickest catch-and-release motions in the draft.

He’s dynamic in control and threatening from anywhere in the offensive zone. He can beat you in an instant or hang onto pucks and make things happen himself. He’s got a knack for hitting holes in the net, frequently beating goalies low-blocker and five-hole. He’s got A-level hands, a deceptive release, and a slyness to his game that allows him to get to spots to score with and without the puck.

With the right development and patience, he’s got clear upside as a top-six creator and finisher. His game can drift to the perimeter at times, but he’s got the skill to play that way. You want the puck in his hands. Mix in a late-July birthday, his rapid progression, and an ability to put the puck in the net with consistency from mid range and he’s got both an exciting skill level and an opportunity to find another level.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just thinking he's going to get extra attention when he gets here. Especially hacks to the hands and wrists. Hope the trainers have gear to help him out. I'm wondering how those types of hacks have slowed down EP and Boes scoring wise.

5 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Should we panic yet?? I'm getting PTSD flashbacks from the Jordan Subban fiasco.

He's already playing in a pro league so they don't have to worry about getting him a paycheque to advance his training and nutrition. I imagine they may want to leave an extra contract space for the moment. Not sure what the slide rules are for an ELC in Europe, I'm sure @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME could let us know if there is some advantage to signing him after this season/at an older age.