The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

30 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

I didn’t notice any issues with his skating at all. In fact, I thought he was pretty explosive. 

Ya, the eye test of his videos show an explosive player for sure, not sure where some of these so called scouts see an issue with his skating. 

Edited by vancan2233
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I am insanely hyped I am thinking he's going to be aa cross between EP40/Raymond.

If developed properly and he breaks right and progresses his ceiling is sky high. 

I've been calling him a Holtz/Rossi cross. Guys that do their best work off the puck. Holtz never has the puck until it's time to shoot. Rossi always has the puck but he's always passing it away and getting into position to get it right back. Lekkerimaki I think has a little bit of both, but he can absolutely dangle the odd time he feels it's appropriate.

• Like 1

Wearing the tricolor 23 my mind went to Thomas Gradin, my favorite player back in his day.

Tommy stood up to all the rigors of the worst goon show stuff (some of them went to jail for their stuff on the ice).

He did it all with his head held high (thank Gaudette) and never looked down at the puck.

Scored beauty after beauty; and pass?  Ya, that's how you do it.

Meanwhile in Ranting Ignorance Ville, Don Cherry was spouting off about Chicken Swedes.

It's not the toughest guy; it's the guy that stands up.

Thanks Thomas, and super satisfied that you have continued to do such good work for the Canucks.

Heja Sverige!

Lekkerimaki (sounds Finnish, doesn't it?) looks like a meaner Pettersson.

23 is one more reason I think we should retire sweaters, and not numbers (hint: Montreal does that and they don't run out of numbers or forget #9).

Great pick!  I don't think any of us had that right.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Provost said:

Button and Pronman had him 9 and 11 respectively.  They are at the top of the pile for getting picks right though.

Pronman and Button’s list would have had us taking Kemmell though as he was still available.

Craig Button had him 8th: https://www.tsn.ca/button-has-habs-making-the-wright-pick-in-final-mock-draft-1.1819441

Bob McKenzie had him as 8th as well: https://www.tsn.ca/juraj-slafkovsky-shane-wright-bob-mckenzie-nhl-draft-ranking-1.1818585

But yes, both Craig and Bob had Kemmell ranked one higher. I'm shocked that Kemmell dropped that badly.

• Thanks 1

Sounds like he's got a great shot, and good general tools to work with

He's probably at least a few years out from the bigs but you gotta expect that from a mid 1st round pick

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1

You know who else was an average skater but could score from anywhere on the ice? 

New development coach Mikael Samuelsson. Something tells me he could give him a few pointers.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, R3aL said:

second to only Foppa for 17 years old SHL performance thats the worst take I have ever seen on his SHLperformANCE. Ohgren with a more mature body looked lost on the ice. 

Lekkerimaki out performed eklund.

What a hot take. Like he's a bad skater, he wasn't good in the shl lol like what..

These must have been reports sent out by the Canucks so he would fall to us.  His skating looks exceptional and those are good SHL stats at 17.  

This kid appears to be a Pettersson clone with his skills.  Works for me.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1