The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

As Expected.

Rate this topic

Doogie

Canucks fans are persistently anxious.  Maybe as a collective we need better coping skills like shrimp tacos, some Do's Equis and Sabritos while we are in the Mayan Riviera.  I am in.  Maybe then we can relax. 

Edited by The Colt 45s

Well on the positive side we now have 2 Alien's... That's going to be confusing as hell for those "listening" to a game..

Pettersson passes to Petterson, Petterson takes it behind the net, passes to Pettersson, for the one time from the circle and Pettersson scores!!!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Well on the positive side we now have 2 Alien's... That's going to be confusing as hell for those "listening" to a game..

Pettersson passes to Petterson, Petterson takes it behind the net, passes to Pettersson, for the one time from the circle and Pettersson scores!!!

We honed the ability to differentiate with the Sedins.

Just now, dr.naughtypants said:

We honed the ability to differentiate with the Sedins.

True but at least they didn't have the same first names but good point, we should have this.

You know, I'm wondering if anything normal will ever happen for us... Doesn't seem like it! wtf? Lmao!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Colt 45s said:

Canucks fans are persistently anxious.  Maybe as a collective we need better coping skills like shrimp tacos, some Do's Equis and Sabritos while we are in the Mayan Riviera.  I am in.  Maybe then we can relax. 

Well shi t, I don't drink... However I could stand to be in the french Riviera, instead of the Mayan BUT either way I need a break from the watching and yes being anxious after 47 years of this circus!!! 

7 hours ago, iceman64 said:

How about..... "did Pettersson get the goal or was it Pettersson's?"

Honestly I would prefer us acquiring picks for next years draft. 

It's much deeper than this one. 2022's class just doesn't seem as exciting.

Not saying a miller trade will get us bedard (who i believe is a generational talent) but if we have multiple 1st round picks, you never know what could happen.

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Honestly I would prefer us acquiring picks for next years draft. 

It's much deeper than this one. 2022's class just doesn't seem as exciting.

Not saying a miller trade will get us bedard (who i believe is a generational talent) but if we have multiple 1st round picks, you never know what could happen.

Getting lots of picks, especially in the top 100, would need for us to move several important players.   

• Like 1

So far:

- Signed the top, most sought after European Free Agent on the Market - Kuzmenko

- Extended Brock at a fair deal below his QO

- Drafted a potential top 10 Talent in the 1st round

Slow and steady wins the race.

At least we didn't take on a cap dump like the Laffs, only to watch your trade partner acquire a more reliable goalie option for a cheaper rate :D

• Like 1

IN
Mikheyev
Dermott 
Kuzmenko
Lazar
Joshua
Lekkerimaki
Bains
Aman
3rd round pick
4th round pick

OUT
Motte

Hamonic
Bailey
Highmore 
Lammikko

3rd round pick

Pretty tidy work so far (may have missed some). Very curious to see what they do to make space, and more importantly fix the D, and more more importantly Miller sign or trade.

Edited by awalk
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

https://www.tsn.ca/video/~2483737

Allvin believes Mikheyev will bring 'tenacity, speed, size, versatility' to Canucks

Canucks GM Patrik Allvin discusses the decision to add BC native Curtis Lazar, what he expects Ilya Mikheyev will bring to the team, why it was important for him not to rush into deals on day one, his next off-season steps, and much more.

Edited by Jaimito