The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Curtis Lazar

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Lazar was a very high pick.  But he needed to accept he was not goin* to be an NHL player as a scorer.  He learned and accepted his role as a hard nosed checker PK guy.  This is the perfect timing to sign him.  He’s going to be really good for us.  Manny Mslholtra like good.  

I'm cautiously optimistic and in agreement. He isn't saying these things as an arrogant 20 year old. He is now a seasoned 27 year old who sees the game differently and better understands his role and what he needs to do, and what not to do. This is a zero risk signing with potential big rewards.

Even if he only puts up 10 points, if he is out there hitting and forcing the other team to be more aware, and taking away time and space thats exactly what this team needs right now.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Great! How can one not like the signing at that cap hit? We have him for several years at a very friendly price. And if it doesn’t work out he’ll play in Abby. Tho I think he can fill a 4th line spot pretty nicely with the tools that he has and the game he plays.

Very nice indeed! Me likes.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Huge fan of this signing. Local kid, brings a solid physical presence, changes the entire look of our 4th line for the better 

Me too. Just saw the interview with Lazar. Great to see a guy who is so happy to come here. And I liked what  he had to say. At a 1 million cap hit I am really happy with the signing. There is no downside and a lot of potential upside.   

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Rypien played with bite alright.

Kevin could throw down.

Raffi and Cookie are in some kind of orbit for whack jobs.

A real Canuck salad of favorites.

He was 9 years old when Cooke scored that tying goal in game 7 against Calgary.  I bet that has more than a little something to do with it.  

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

He was 9 years old when Cooke scored that tying goal in game 7 against Calgary.  I bet that has more than a little something to do with it.  

Really like how (even though they're from Pittsburgh and all over) new management is aware of the benefits of bringing our BC boys home.

Just wish someone could have done that with Joe Sakic so many moons ago.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Really like how (even though they're from Pittsburgh and all over) new management is aware of the benefits of bringing our BC boys home.

I thought we were gonna get Scott Niedermayer for sure back when he went to Anaheim.

• Huggy Bear 1

37 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Considering Sakic stayed in Colorado after retiring I'd say he had no real interest in coming back here. He didn't rejoin the Av's in management unit 2 years after retiring.

Just now, Baggins said:

Considering Sakic stayed in Colorado after retiring I'd say he had no real interest in coming back here. He didn't rejoin the Av's in management unit 2 years after retiring.

I'd give him part ownership of the team if it meant he'd he'd be President and GM here.

22 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Not really. Brian Burke went out and acquired Rob Neidermayer, then sold Scott on the chance to play with his brother.

Rob signed with Anaheim 3 years before Scott became a UFA. Burke was the canucks GM when Rob sined there.