The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Curtis Lazar

Simply tinkering. Not sure this is an huge upgrade on Lammikko whom I thought played pretty well once Green was dispatched. To be fair I haven't watched him enough of late to really make a fair judgement. Money is pretty insubstantial if it doesn't work for him here.

• Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

3 years is long for a C who is already kind slow

BUT he's on a bury-able AAV so really, it's risk free. He's coming to home to BC. Good PKer and right-handed C. Fills some needs. Hopefully he can bring as much drive to his hometown as Juho did last year.

The Bruins play an admirable in your face 5 man system through all their 4 lines. I'm pretty happy I think and he brings that mentality. Apparently he's a good PKer which is huge. An absolute necessity going into next year. I'm not as worried about the speed thing. I think he's fast enough to play good defense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muttley said:

He sounds great on the radio right now. Really knowledgeable and really wanted to come here. 

Yep!  Talking about how you have to do whatever it takes to win.  Specifically mentioning things like digging hard on faceoffs and blocking shots. 

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

The Bruins play an admirable in your face 5 man system through all their 4 lines. I'm pretty happy I think and he brings that mentality. Apparently he's a good PKer which is huge. An absolute necessity going into next year. I'm not as worried about the speed thing. I think he's fast enough to play good defense. 

I've seen him play lots but honestly don't remember his PK abilities standing out in my 'personal scouting', BUT he was a mainstay on Boston's very good playoff PK last year. Bodes well

Really, really needed a 4th line C and a right hand one as well. Like that he lays the body a lot. 
‘Good on faceoffs. Is going to be starting most of his shifts in our zone so speed is not as much of a concern. 
‘Look forward to seeing if works. 

If the 4th line is meant to be a shutdown line (and it is), we could do a lot worse. I like the value here - though I hope nobody expects to be blown away by this guy. Besides a really cool name, his is just a meat and potatoes kind of game.

What I do like is that this management group seems to understand the importance of a low-cost bottom 6. (Or at least bottom 3). Lazar is being brought in to play a specif8c, though limited role at a low cost.

Happy for him, as he grew up a Canucks fan.

I'm starting to appreciate Ruth & Allvin more & more after today.. 

Our new 4th line got Lazar and Joshua.... now that's one legit physical line compared to Lammikko and Highmore who can just check a bit... 

Mikheyev and Podz will do some damage on our 3rd line!!

• Like 3