The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Dhaliwal: Canucks have spoken to Evan Rodrigues agent

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

They must know something extra about De Haan. Just kidding. I mean he has only played a full 82-gane season once in his long career. Canucks we're hoping that his stats from the last couple of seasons in Chicago was an abberation and not a sign of natural decline. 

1 minute ago, The Colt 45s said:

They must know something extra about De Haan. Just kidding. I mean he has only played a full 82-gane season once in his long career. Canucks we're hoping that his stats from the last couple of seasons in Chicago was an abberation and not a sign of natural decline. 

Chicago was a complete mess.

Hard to judge any player on that team too fairly.

If he can be an upgrade over Poolman (which I think he is) it’s worth a contract.

• Cheers 1

Training camp coming up and we've still got a lot of things to sort out, 3C is a big hole right now unless we play Horvat there. Otherwise right now it looks like Dickinson or Lazar is our starting 3C which makes me a bit nervous.

We had 2 issues we needed to sort this off-season - 3C (to replace Sutter) and RD, and we've done neither of these. Instead we've replaced our 4th line with bigger, tougher guys and signed a scoring, fast winger (of which we already have plenty).

I'll reserve judgement of this management team until next off-season when they have to decide on Miller, but so far we're not addressing our issues. Say what you want about JB, but he addressed our problems instantly. Sure, he overpaid sometimes and screwed us in other areas, but when the Canucks had a hole to fill or needed a certain type of player, he got them almost instantly.

Right now we go into the season without a RD to play on the top pairing and without a true 3C, over the cap and if anything, down a defenceman instead of what we really needed which was up 2.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Training camp coming up and we've still got a lot of things to sort out, 3C is a big hole right now unless we play Horvat there. Otherwise right now it looks like Dickinson or Lazar is our starting 3C which makes me a bit nervous.

We had 2 issues we needed to sort this off-season - 3C (to replace Sutter) and RD, and we've done neither of these. Instead we've replaced our 4th line with bigger, tougher guys and signed a scoring, fast winger (of which we already have plenty).

I'll reserve judgement of this management team until next off-season when they have to decide on Miller, but so far we're not addressing our issues. Say what you want about JB, but he addressed our problems instantly. Sure, he overpaid sometimes and screwed us in other areas, but when the Canucks had a hole to fill or needed a certain type of player, he got them almost instantly.

Right now we go into the season without a RD to play on the top pairing and without a true 3C, over the cap and if anything, down a defenceman instead of what we really needed which was up 2.

Myers is paid as our top RHD so you can only hope!!

As for 3C, Dickinson is the one.. unless we somehow find cap space to fit in Evan Rodrigues OR get some good returns for JT Miller!!

54 minutes ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

OMGGGG YESS LET'S GOOOOO

who needs defense when your forward line up is

Miller - Petey - Podkolzin

Kuzmenko - Horvat - Mikheyev

Hoglander - Rodrigues - Boeser

Pearson - Lazar - Garland

:lol:

I'd probably flip Garland and Hogie but yeah, we need depth to deal with our new look AB rivals. 

Things will get interesting if we do end up adding De Haan and if Rathbone is actually ready. Not so much that they will be beasts, but if we don't have to rely on Hughes for 28 minutes every night thats a good thing. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

OMGGGG YESS LET'S GOOOOO

Watch Boeser fall on his face on that line. 

• Vintage 1

OMGGGG YESS LET'S GOOOOO

That 3rd line is horrible. What a waste. Boeser will get like 3 points 5v5 all year.

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

That 3rd line is horrible. What a waste. Boeser will get like 3 points 5v5 all year.

I wonder if signing ER can make Dickie a bit more useful? take the pressure off him for all the draws and maybe he can just focus on being a better defensive winger?

as far as the rest of the lineup, it will be an interesting puzzle to figure out for Bruce. If we are able to move Pearson and get under the cap I'd be a happy guy. 

OMGGGG YESS LET'S GOOOOO

I would actually go

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Garland

Rodrigues - Horvat - Podkolzin

Pearson - Lazar - Höglander

Little more well rounded that way. 

11 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I wonder if signing ER can make Dickie a bit more useful? take the pressure off him for all the draws and maybe he can just focus on being a better defensive winger?

as far as the rest of the lineup, it will be an interesting puzzle to figure out for Bruce. If we are able to move Pearson and get under the cap I'd be a happy guy. 

I think on a more conventional 3rd line he might be a better fit. I also like to give players a year in new surroundings. It's not a good thing but some players can take a whole season to adjust to new surroundings and gain confidence.

It'll be very interesting to see what happens but someone has to go ... or Hoglander to AHL perhaps.

2 hours ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

OMGGGG YESS LET'S GOOOOO

LOL ok Edmonton.

Defense first all day long.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1