The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Blue Jackets sign Johnny Gaudreau

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If little Johnny walked away from $84 million what do you think Tkachuk is going to do when his father in charge?  He's as good as gone.  Will go play with his brother I think...

They'll both go somewhere with good aquarium so the beached whale they call a father has somewhere to stay when he's in town.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

I mean they were able to re sign Malkin and Letang to bargain contracts while saving a lot of cap space.

Yea, they're team friendly signings for next year, but they haven't really taken a step forward yet. Not saying they won't, Hextall has apparently been trying to make a trade happen all day. Just saying it hasn't happened yet.

16 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

This is CDC, we sh*t on Calgary true or not!

Get with the program ;)

Oh don’t worry I’m always game for that!

Love seeing that jack*** Brad Treliving getting a taste of his own medicine and struggling to keep his scumbag of a hockey club above water.

• Cheers 1

Honestly what a senseless decision, just a perfect example to demonstrate how hockey and sports players in general have absolutely horrific money management skills or situational awareness.

I can't recall anyone, in any industry ever leaving 15+ million dollars, its either Johny wasn't aware of the actual dollar amounts offered to him by Calgary or the fans are misled to believe Calgary offered 10+ mill/year but conventional wisdom tells you no way ever, anywhere ever is anyone leaving 15 mill sitting there, yah right.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Honestly what a senseless decision, just a perfect example to demonstrate how hockey and sports players in general have absolutely horrific money management skills or situational awareness.

I can't recall anyone, in any industry ever leaving 15+ million dollars, its either Johny wasn't aware of the actual dollar amounts offered to him by Calgary or the fans are misled to believe Calgary offered 10+ mill/year but conventional wisdom tells you no way ever, anywhere ever is anyone leaving 15 mill sitting there, yah right.

Really? It's like 15 20 percent of a contract. Many would leave 15 to 20 percent income to work closer to home. 

34 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Nope. They don't have a young EP demko or huggy to fall back on

Clearly the point was him.leaving and Calgary getting nothing for a very valuable asset

Edited by stawns