The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Blue Jackets sign Johnny Gaudreau

46 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Is there proof about what was offered to him outside of CGY and CBJ?

He isn’t a sell out. He accomplished what he said he wanted to do…play closer to home.

I don’t understand the hatred. 

if someone offered you considerable salary to work in a more favourable location commensurate with your personal life preferences you’d absolutely take it.

Come on man this is a Canucks board. Get with the program. Just kidding.

I just like picking on the flames that’s all.

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

What does the Flyers have that we want for JT. They smell like a team that is desperate to overpay for JT right about now.

Miller would make a good Flyer though wouldn't you agree ? Maybe they will acquire something just for us. And use it to get Miller B)

Calgary dodged a bullet. JG has literally peaked. And will only go down hill from here. The last 4 years of that contract will be buyout material if they are lucky. Little guy , long term deal. Reminds me of Daniel Brieir and Chris Drury's post Buffalo contracts. 

Edited by MaxVerstappen33

5 hours ago, Kragar said:

Did a quick check, upper tax rate (federal + provincial) living in AB is a little over 47%.  In Columbus, state and federal would run a little under 42.  None of my research involves jock taxes, deductibles, or any other factors that may be involved.  So, maybe the equivalent of 10.3/yr?

You couldn’t pay me enough to live in Columbus Ohio.

5 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

What does the Flyers have that we want for JT. They smell like a team that is desperate to overpay for JT right about now.

Something around Provorov and they have been rumoured to want to trade him. 

5 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

With the moves they are making, they are positioned to go all in this next season. Miller may put them over the top.

Miller for Boqvist etc, since we seem to be collecting Sweds lately....

Boqvist, Ceulemans, Jiricek, Mateychuk, Bean, Foudy, Chinakov, Sillinger, Johnson, Roslovic. 

Would gladly take some sort of D/ forward combo off their hands. 

4 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Ever been to Calgary?  Nuff said.

Calgary is like Switzerland comparing to Columbus.

Although Salem NJ where he is originally from is another giant $&!#hole so maybe Ohio is an upgrade in his mind.

24 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I wouldn't mind making 10 mil/year and living in a city with all the OSU girls.

Away from the major city hockey media and criticism too. 

Johnny G chose the easy life. Can’t fault a man for that. 

Was surprised but can see why when you break it down.

Sometimes the pressure of playing for the “hometown” team takes the fun out of it 

He wanted to be close to home…this gets him closer while being in an area that his wife who works in medicine can thrive. Close to Philly border as well. At the end of the day he did what is best for himself and his growing family plus if CBJ can sign him he’s got a decent line mate in Laine

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JM_ said:

So just looking at CBJ's roster - where's the C's? Roslovic and Kuraly as 1C/2C? 3 mil in cap space left? 

there has to be a trade coming. 

They have Roslovic, Jenner, Sillinger and Kuraly currently 1 to 4

Very random, you have to think NJD were front runners here. CBJ will be a bit more relevant now.

Not sure what they do with their cap though and Laine, they've got 3M in cap space and that's with Jenner on LTIR, then they go out and throw 4M at Gudbranson so surely Laine is on the out but they can't afford to bring anyone in. Also they've got a lot of decent kids on ELCs which are expiring in the next couple of years and not much money coming off the books. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Can't wait to see Calgary's reception to Johnny when he returns, I bet they'll cheer for him despite what he's done. Would be nice to see Tkachuk just rock him.