The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Tkachuk trade in the works

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Shea Theodore, Nicolas Roy and a 2023 1st round pick...

Doesn't seem enough for Tketchup.  That would be a huge drop in Vegas' defence as well.

So it likes a #1rd, 2nd line C(maybe) and a late 1st.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Doesn't seem enough for Tketchup.  That would be a huge drop in Vegas' defence as well.

So it likes a #1rd, 2nd line C(maybe) and a late 1st.

Looks like Calgary has around 5-6 teams to deal with and most have cap issues.  They are not going to get as much as they would have gotten if they were able to trade Tkachuk to any team in the league...

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

This was so off course though, it was something that shouldn’t have happened.

IMO not as off-course as EP at 5.    He was 7th per Bob McKenzie, which IMO is the best ranking because it's actually based on NHL teams scouts survey and not off independent ranking.    While Juolevi was 6th and 1st defenseman on Bob's list.

17 hours ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Do we need to make some sort of ritualistic sacrifice to the hockey gods to make sure this happens?

Interestingly enough Flames fans were making Amharic curses towards Dallas and Edmonton during the playoffs, so this is some weird cosmic voodoo/karma coming back to bite them.

• Haha 1

Nashville should be chomping at the bit. They don't even need to clear cap and their top-6 would suddenly be elite. Filip - Granlund - Tkachuk would probably have similar or better results as Gaudeau - Elias Lindholm - Tkachuk.

They have all their picks, but this would be the time to go all in on a player, if ever. Competing against only a few tax avoidance teams, some of which have no cap at all. But if GMBT swaps with the Preds he'd essentially have to admit he's going full rebuild, as the package would be futures oriented.

A package with Tomasino, Sissons, a 1st 2023, 2nd 2024 for Tkachuk? That's a coup that you could get when a player is so heavily restricting teams he'd go to (i.e., Ryan Kesler to Ana).

Wouldn't even hurt Nashville that badly as they have an extra 3rd and 4th next year.

Forsberg - Granlund - Tkachuk

Tolvanen - Johansen - Duchene

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I don't like Matthew either but I don't see how his being a piece of crap reflects on Brady, who's never seemed remotely as bad 

Their dad was also an a hole and I can totally see Brady being influenced by that dishonourable bloodline 

Edited by grandmaster

26 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Petey was the best person available during his draft. He was just not known as much at the time. He ended up breaking Peter Forsberg’s records in the Swedish league! All you had to do was follow him closer and that talent was obvious. 

Everyone put Tkachuck ahead of OJ. EVERYONE! 

100% completely false and wrong. Calgary ranked Tkachuk and OJ dead even. Everyone wants to hold this over Benning's head, but when you draft, you can't account for major injuries being suffered by a player after you draft them and Juolevi had 2 major injuries requiring surgery. Benning wasn't perfect, but he identified a guy who should have been able to address a major need for us moving forward, someone who was extremely defensively sound and was good at settling a game down when it's on the line.

Basically your take on blaming Benning for the Juolevi failure is in line with, if we draft a guy next summer who leaves the building after the draft and gets run over by a car, it's Allvin's fault for drafting him in the first place.

For your reference, direct quote from Brian Burke on Juolevi:

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Always easy to say now, but Petey wasn't the BPA either and look how that turned out.  Moritz Seider wasn't BPA but turned out great for Detroit.  Could've easily gone the other way.

Puljujarvi was the BPA before Tkachuk that year and didn't turn out great for him.  Juolevi was a consensus top 10 that year and him and Sergachev were pretty much consensus #1 D available, depending who you asked.    Was it a great pick, absolutely not in retrospect, but was it a bad decision at the time, no IMO.  Lose some win some.  Nobody is perfect at the draft.

As usual, people completely disregard the injuries that derailed oj's career early on

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I've actually stopped watching club futbol. I can't stand how it seems no player honors their contract anymore. It's like no team or player is your own to cheer for anymore. As soon as someone new signs a contract a guy like Ronaldo gets jilted and has to tear up his contract and go somewhere else to be in the limelight and of course make 25 mil more a season. As a result teams are constantly changing to fast to care about and any team's pitch is just a player's stop in the road while collecting money and fame. It's a complete and total farce imo.

And this coming from a scouser at a time when I should be caring. ;) I can't wait for the world cup though. It's only been 40 years since Canada was in it. That should be fun for us. lol ... maybe

+100......

Aye you should enjoy the misery of Utd... god knows you suffered enough over the last 30+ years amigo :frantic: ::D  Lol
However I totally agree on every single word. It is at times vomit worthy, how its all about the single players and not the clubs anymore. 
Couldn't have said it better myself. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Their dad was also an a hole and I can totally see Brady being influenced by that dishonourable bloodline 

Matthew and his dad are both trash but I've never really gotten that from Brady

If Ottawa turns around, and they've put in work, I could easily see him staying 

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Looks like Calgary has around 5-6 teams to deal with and most have cap issues.  They are not going to get as much as they would have gotten if they were able to trade Tkachuk to any team in the league...

Yeah.  Tketchup is really shafting them sideways.  Big surprise.

17 minutes ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

Nashville should be chomping at the bit. They don't even need to clear cap and their top-6 would suddenly be elite. Filip - Granlund - Tkachuk would probably have similar or better results as Gaudeau - Elias Lindholm - Tkachuk.

They have all their picks, but this would be the time to go all in on a player, if ever. Competing against only a few tax avoidance teams, some of which have no cap at all. But if GMBT swaps with the Preds he'd essentially have to admit he's going full rebuild, as the package would be futures oriented.

A package with Tomasino, Sissons, a 1st 2023, 2nd 2024 for Tkachuk? That's a coup that you could get when a player is so heavily restricting teams he'd go to (i.e., Ryan Kesler to Ana).

Wouldn't even hurt Nashville that badly as they have an extra 3rd and 4th next year.

Forsberg - Granlund - Tkachuk

Tolvanen - Johansen - Duchene

Nashville definitely needs to be on it but they don't look to have the assets that a team like NJD could offer.   Nashville would also need to cap dump someone as part of the trade.

Edited by mll