The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Tkachuk trade in the works

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm 100 serious. I have no tolerance for defencemen who can't play defence and I have little sympathy for Bouchard after he disgraced his country in Vancouver with his atrocious play in his own zone.  He's soft, slow, stupid, and lazy.  Why would I pretend that the way he plays even approaches an acceptable standard for an actual NHL team?

Why so angry?   Those are some pretty mean things to say, about a guy who's actually in the NHL.  Brent Sopel 2.0 maybe.   Without the hair. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Just for the record here..

Bob Mckenzie's pre-season (pre-WJC) consensus ranking had OJ at #13OA.  Chychrun was #2OA.

After the WJC and by the end of the season, OJ was #6OA and Chychrun was #13OA.

Matt Tkachuk?  He was #4OA and #4OA.  He would have been the wise choice considering the consistency in his ranking from beginning to end.

Didn’t our scouts want MT but Benning overruled them?  Then the next draft Benning wanted Glass and Linden stepped in to give the scouts the choice?  Benning got way too involved in our first pick.  He would go watch guys for a week and then believe his superior scouting eye overruled what our scouts had been collecting for years.  

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Why so angry?   Those are some pretty mean things to say, about a guy who's actually in the NHL.  Brent Sopel 2.0 maybe.   Without the hair. 

Which one of those things wasn't true?  The Oilers are an AHL team outside of McDiver and Divesitl.

12 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Bourdon was a huge, huge loss.  Many touted at the time he was the better of the 2 between him and Letang.  Wrap your head around that one...

Vancouver has not really recovered since that tragedy.

Hughes makes up for a bunch though.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Brian Burke was wrong lol.  Funny thing ... where did OJ "rank" prior to the WJs?  And isn't Brian Burke a lawyer!  Not a scout.   Button at least, and maybe McKenzie (but not really either) have clout when it comes to picks.   Burke didn't want to pick Bure either.   And picked Byran Allen 4th overall.    To me, you have to start with the ISS as a base line then start going out from there.   That's their job a least.   OJ was a late first early second rounder prior to the WJs.    Guy who can't get close to a PPG on a loaded London team?   And also draft plus one was surpassed by RHD Bouchard.    Good grief.   We can revise this all we want, but it was a bad bad pick at 5.   Late first early second?  Sure good pick.   And even then a failure.

Edit.  I love Brian Burke.  Why do you think that's where he ranked OJ?  Didn't see a "Burke list".    GMs are heavily involved with their first pick ... that's about it.   JB maybe more then some, but this was 100% a miss.   And the signs were absolutely there.   Gym avoidance for one.  "Can't teach hockey smarts" was OJs excuse for not working out.   It's on him too. 

Hindsight is fun. 

21 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Bourdon was a huge, huge loss.  Many touted at the time he was the better of the 2 between him and Letang.  Wrap your head around that one...

Such a tragedy. Such a loss for a family. As a fan, I can imagine a 2011 team with this tough, talented, young man on it. RIP Luc. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The Canucks have made some bad draft choices. We can't go back in time to fix it.

What we can do its try and be smarter with our picks moving forward.

since we brought in Rutherford I've thought that the job of restocking the prospect pool is a 3-4 year job, assuming we beat the odds a little bit and get lucky with a few late picks and/or free agent college or SHL signings. Thats assuming we don't trade any more picks. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Having a real hard time relating to all these management apologists saying there’s just no market for Miller this past year when Calgary could potentially trade Tkachuk in less than 7 days. 

Because Tkachuk is easier to trade?  Who would you rather give a 7 year, big money deal to?

I don't want to laugh too hard just in case this happens to us with Petey or anyone else (I always have this fear to be fair) but man, its soooo hard not to laugh :lol:

Guess Calgary is gonna be in for the Bedard sweepstakes 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The Canucks have made some bad draft choices. We can't go back in time to fix it.

What we can do its try and be smarter with our picks moving forward.

As have every single team each draft year. We are no different out of 32 teams, yet fans expect perfection. Revisionism at it’s finest 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

A forced rebuild  hahahaha or will it be another refool and strive for mediocrity. 

JG Leaves for nothing 

MT wants out.

Calgary is SCREWED. 

sutter should quit that might help attract talent. 

The  Flakes should follow Chicago and battle for the basement. Painful years lay ahead for the flakes.

can’t say I’m sad.